When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Completely random post

dbane883

Suppose time travel was possible, and a man goes back 1 year in the past, after having fried chicken steak for lunch. 

So should he say "I just had fried chicken steak 5min ago" or "I would be having fried chicken steak one year from now"?

I guess it depends if he traveled forward again or not, eh?

Unless, of course it took him a year to eat it LOL

(or was that a rhetorical question?)

Oh my... thats not helping the quandary much D.. :bangin:

OK, ponder this then... 
If he is to travel a year into the future, then eats a chicken taco.

On his return to the present, would he even know if he would have eaten the chicken taco?

OK, ponder this then... If he is to travel a year into the future, then eats a chicken taco.

On his return to the present, would he even know if he would have eaten the chicken taco?

Haha time travel is indeed tricky. It would depend on whether:

a. He travelled into the future and there he encounters another, 1 year older version of himself who ate the chicken taco. This would also prove that at each separate moment, there is a different self that continues our existence from our "current moment" self.

b. He travelled into the future and it was him who ate it, with no alternative future self.

Theoretically, if the scenario is a, then he would not, because the chicken taco went down a different set of oesophagus and gullet and stomach. If the scenario is a, and he went back into the present, it would mean that he had not eaten the chicken taco yet, so he could not remember something that has not yet occurred. But suppose that the chicken taco meal remains in his memory, it would mean that the event occurred in the past, which contradicts the fact that it happened (or would be happening) in the future. 

Conclusion, next time, pick the beef taco instead. It has more protein vs the chicken taco and much more memorable. 

Guest ThePhilosopher

Three Statisticians walk into a bar.  The barkeep asks them if they want a beer?

First statistician:  "I'm not sure"

Second statistician:  "I'm not sure"

Third statistician:  "Yes!"

:rofl:

This works better with logicians than statisticians.

Edited by ThePhilosopher

Guest ThePhilosopher

A 10K race in the pouring rain isn't ideal. It wasn't raining much at the start and didn't really start coming down until mile 3 or so (27ish minutes in) and then the shoes started to feel like bricks for the second half of the run, but I still finished in under an hour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It has been 30 years since I last ignited one of my farts , I just did and got sucked into a vortex of space and time. Whew!

image.jpeg