When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JoeyB's wares now appearing on VRF!

danielv2000

Grreeeaaaattt.   Snobbish outsiders drawing attention once again to our world, even though I know there is a gentleman's agreement of detante.  We get enough trolls around here as it is.  Can't wait for the hoards...

Join Date - 32 seconds ago

Posts - 2

"I have a Priceless John Maher PN Daytona that I need a bezel for.  Can you help me source a new one from a rep dealer?  What I would really like is an NOS gen one, but I just don't know where to get a good one that I can tell is really gen."

Edited by cjjoyce1

Yup,

They can call it whatever they wish!That GMT has seen many "battlefields" & the JoeyB insert looked dandy!It's former bakelite insert would not have the same presence for sure as it would be crazed, cracked & badly glued together as most are!....Hurray for RWG.

Best, mcotter

• Like 1

I love this. RWG = Rolex online Watch forum.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/thread/1423942776/Help+needed+with+6542+project

More evidence of Frankens making it into the mainstream

Yes of course this is the Rolex online watch forum.

Didn't you know that RWG really stands for Rolex Watch Group?

I am liking JoeyB's 'ugly' inserts myself.

Been there done that with the snobs on VRF, I wouldn't be surprised if many of those purists own Frankins unknowingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually a lot of them do own frankens... And knowingly trade in them... And buy cobbled together, other-wise unobtainable rare ones from 'respected authorities.'

Been there done that with the snobs on VRF, I wouldn't be surprised if many of those purists own Frankins unknowingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This place has honestly ruined me for just accepting any Rolex as-is genuine... Knowing what I know now, having built a 5513 with a 1520 movement, owning 2 other gen's and seeing how easily replicated they are... I'm just totally over it. The idea of people being snobbish about a Rolex is silly. The idea that some of these great watches out there being purveyed, as POTR says, by revered authorities claiming that they are 110% original and genuine is foolish given Rolex's terrible service records and history of swapping parts around as well as "cobblers" getting at them over the years. 

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-VINTAGE-DAYTONA-6264-PAUL-NEWMAN-CHRONOGRAPH-1968-/151533742977?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item23481d6b81

Guest baleinedessable

Yes you are right..I have seen my self, on VRF, so many topics where tiny details were discussed during weeks about a part, a hairline brush longer than it should be.. And during the same time, really suspicous timepieces were sold on the marketplace without any words said about.. 

Let's say they have a great expertise, but this expertise is sometimes not focused on the right members over there..

And to be honest : way much more expertise and fun here around !