When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Crown Rolex Homage

mjmj

• 2 weeks later...

I do like this one. If I were able to buy one, this one would be it., but in actuality, I'm very happy with this one, which is about 8% of the cost if this one is 10K, it's a limited addition of 300 and serves my purposes quite well.

attachicon.gifAAkingston.jpg

attachicon.gifWristie2a.jpg

I am happy with mines as well...

57_zps60690957.jpg

but this Tempus Machina is a BEAUT!!!

• Like 1

Hi Gents,

Actually I contacted them by e-mail as I was wondering about availability and price, here is their answer:

"

Thank you for your interest.

While pricing is not finalized, we are expecting to announce pricing and order availability within the next 2 weeks.

You will be alerted, via email, with introductory pricing (expected to be in the mid $20k USD range) as well as procedures to place online orders as availability will be limited.

Because each watch is hand crafted, including the dial refinishing, bezel, case shaping etc., production will be limited to 100 or less.

"

Didn't the HR 6538 design originally call for a domed sapphire? I'm willing to bet HR can source these parts. Add the case and custom dial and you have a winner

The 6538 HR that I got in the raffle had a domed sapphire. It was pretty damn nice, the dial on this one is nicer... but not like $24,000 nicer. Even with a genuine Rolex movement you can pick up for $2,000.00 - 

• Like 1

I'd want to know what kind of markers or designations are on the case that let you know it's a "Tempus Machina" (pretentious name) and that you just dropped 25 grand on the watch, instead of it being something cobbled together by one of the resident geniuses here for $3,500 to $5,500 depending.

The 6538 HR that I got in the raffle had a domed sapphire. It was pretty damn nice, the dial on this one is nicer... but not like $24,000 nicer. Even with a genuine Rolex movement you can pick up for $2,000.00 - 

Or, instead of going gen movement, get the Helenarou parts but then get a Yuki 3135 and have Misiekped service the movement so it's running like a top. If Helenarou has a red depth dial, that would be a great overall combination of parts and the Yuki 3135 would be purring like a kitten under the hood.  I wonder what hands you could use with it?

Or, instead of going gen movement, get the Helenarou parts but then get a Yuki 3135 and have Misiekped service the movement so it's running like a top. If Helenarou has a red depth dial, that would be a great overall combination of parts and the Yuki 3135 would be purring like a kitten under the hood.  I wonder what hands you could use with it?

Agreed - my watchmaker could do nice things with the Y3135 as well. 

The only thing I will readily admit is kinda cool is the cerachrom coin-edge bezel... but that said, it's also not even remotely period...but then again it's a homage... maybe I'll get use to the idea.

I absolutely love it, I think they finally nailed the modern with the vintage essence. Would be totally doable by teaming up some of our modders here. IMHO, odd as it is, it seems that getting the bezel right, specifically that red triangle perfect,is one of the hardest parts, at that size and color anything but flawless is very obvious. Curious how the case/chamfers would compare spec wise to what PbDad is doing with his HS.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If I remember right, the Project X HS01 was also limited (60 units) and cost was 15,000 GBP, not that I would be willing to pay but when you compare with gen ones, you're looking at a 45,000€ wristwatch, and for one with serviced dial and hands (at least the one I saw in Paris) when the watch authenticity is secured.

I even saw a 4 liner 6538, sold in geneva for more than 100,000...

I absolutely love it, I think they finally nailed the modern with the vintage essence. Would be totally doable by teaming up some of our modders here. IMHO, odd as it is, it seems that getting the bezel right, specifically that red triangle perfect,is one of the hardest parts, at that size and color anything but flawless is very obvious. Curious how the case/chamfers would compare spec wise to what PbDad is doing with his HS.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

One step ahead of you my friend...  Looks VERY similar to the HS01 (I have one) from PBDad in terms of the case itself.  I'm in the process already and will start a thread once I confirm more.