When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fricken Bears

Nanuq

I had a nice quiet day at home and this afternoon things were winding down, and a big ole bear showed up and started tearing my garbage can off the side of my house. I had straps over the top and he still got it open and took a bag of trash out over the side of the mountain.

Fricken bears

So my dogs started going apesh!t and I ran out there and caught him making a mess. He was headed down over the side and I shouted him down and threw a big old rock at him and the stinker turned around and came back, drooling and huffing at me. He was maybe 25' away.

Fricken bears

So I threw another rock and banged it off his chest and he was drooling and started to "cowboy" me with his elbows out looking all bad and big. I put my hands up to get bigger than him and RAHRRRRed at him and he turned around, then I chucked a couple more rocks to hurry him along his way.

Fricken bears

I swept up and picked up the mess he made and put the garbage can inside my garage for the summer. Now it stinks and they've been up on my deck twice looking for food in the sliding door.

Fricken bears

Now I've got the shotgun out and some bear spray canisters. I sure hope I don't have to shoot one of those meatheads off my deck.

Fricken bears.

Wow.. I wish I'm able to encounter adventures like this occasionally.

That was very brave of you Big B. (But physically you are quite a bear of a man yourself.)

Where I live, the greatest wildlife threats to us are mosquitoes and houseflies... :lol:

How does bear meat taste? Does it keep well in the freezer?

;)

Black bears are absolutely delicious.  Especially spring bears that aren't into the salmon yet.  Like the finest beef.

And on the plus side, .375" isn't a very big hole to work around.  ;)

• 1 month later...

I had a nice quiet day at home and this afternoon things were winding down, and a big ole bear showed up and started tearing my garbage can off the side of my house. I had straps over the top and he still got it open and took a bag of trash out over the side of the mountain.

Fricken bears

So my dogs started going apesh!t and I ran out there and caught him making a mess. He was headed down over the side and I shouted him down and threw a big old rock at him and the stinker turned around and came back, drooling and huffing at me. He was maybe 25' away.

Fricken bears

So I threw another rock and banged it off his chest and he was drooling and started to "cowboy" me with his elbows out looking all bad and big. I put my hands up to get bigger than him and RAHRRRRed at him and he turned around, then I chucked a couple more rocks to hurry him along his way.

Fricken bears

I swept up and picked up the mess he made and put the garbage can inside my garage for the summer. Now it stinks and they've been up on my deck twice looking for food in the sliding door.

Fricken bears

Now I've got the shotgun out and some bear spray canisters. I sure hope I don't have to shoot one of those meatheads off my deck.

Fricken bears.

Same thing happened when the garbage man tried to do this at my house.  Rocks and a bit of RAHRRRR did the trick.... 

• Like 1