When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does it get any better than this?

Nanuq

Sitting on the deck playing Heart Full of Soul by the Yardbirds at midnight with my crusty/trusty old Guild (one of 100 made) and a nice bottle of port, in the Land of the Midnight Sun. It just doesn't get better than this. :tu:

post-32-143461712028.jpg

• Like 5

Speaking of The Yardbirds, I just started reading Jimmy Page's new photo autobiography. The book is practically 5 inches thick and it is the length and width of a coffee table book, but it is like a scrapbook covering his entire life. It has scans of playbills from all of his shows, session notes from when he was the most amazing session guitarist in England, passport photos and visas, tour schedules, reviews and articles, countless other stuff, and nonstop pictures to accompany all of this. Candid shots, behind the scenes shots, personal camera shots, you name it. It is so cool.

I checked it out from the local library and I already know I'm going to have to renew it!

Edited by Mendota Explorer

Love the construction on old Guild acoustics! And your Big Crown too, of course!

Yep that's a D70, one of just a handful made. Joining it next week is a Martin, time for more blues at midnight!

• Like 1