When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6538

alterego

Hi: I'm posting this question on behalf of a friend who doesn't speak English, but has a consideraable buying power. I told him about a 6538 I had senn in Miami, in February during my vacation. This was on Flaggler St. its asking price being $ 35.000. The store owner did not allow to take pictures that I could use now to compare. Well, to make the story short, six months later, my friend sends me an e mail saying he found a 6538, and he can have it for ten grand. I told him it was a very good price, depending on a close inspection, so as to make sure it was the real thing and not rep or Franken. So as he has no plans to travel 1.500 mildes and visit me, he sent me these pics (por quality but still can give us some idea of the watch) which I share, hoping they generate some opinions that I can share with Sergio, my friend.

Here they are:

I know. no movement pics but ... I hope case, strap and dial should tell something ...

post-1234-0-83332600-1436356323_thumb.jp

post-1234-0-38477100-1436356337_thumb.jp

post-1234-0-87785500-1436356362_thumb.jp

post-1234-0-25563200-1436356384_thumb.jp

post-1234-0-82853600-1436356402_thumb.jp

post-1234-0-94838100-1436356417_thumb.jp

Thank you all for your honest opinions about this watch. I´ll let Sergio know your assessments and I don't know how to approach this, since he told me later he had already bought the watch before he sent the pics to me.

Thank you all for your honest opinions about this watch. I´ll let Sergio know your assessments and I don't know how to approach this, since he told me later he had already bought the watch before he sent the pics to me.

Here's how to approach it:  "Sergio, I love you like a brother, but I have to tell you that you just got taken.  Immediately head back to the seller and reclaim your money.  This might hurt, but you will thank me later."

• Like 1

Here's how to approach it:  "Sergio, I love you like a brother, but I have to tell you that you just got taken.  Immediately head back to the seller and reclaim your money.  This might hurt, but you will thank me later."

Good suggestrion. I'll post an update as soon as I hear from him.