When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Price Of Hublot Big Bang?

elprimerozen

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chronomat123

Andrew & Josh,

Does the watch have antireflective coating just like Angus's? From what you know, as there any difference whatsoever in the quality between his and yours?

Thanks.

Im not sure..but if you surf in the site(Hublot) there is no gold dials silver hands.. :g::g:

Please would you just read the original thread? this has been discussed already, those pictures on the website do not represent the FINAL watch, they were most likely take off a prototype!

the watch at the AD's has silver hands.

Please would you just read the original thread? this has been discussed already, those pictures on the website do not represent the FINAL watch, they were most likely take off a prototype!

Please im talking about the official web site of Hublot...there is no gold dials with silver hands.If there are gold dials with silver hands on an original watch...that original watch its not in the official Hublot website.Thanks.

Please im talking about the official web site of Hublot...there is no gold dials with silver hands.If there are gold dials with silver hands on an original watch...that original watch its not in the official Hublot website.Thanks.

please read my post again....!

on the OFFICIAL WEBSITE are pictures of a PROTOTYPE!!!!

Guest overboosted
Andrew & Josh,

Does the watch have antireflective coating just like Angus's? From what you know, as there any difference whatsoever in the quality between his and yours?

Thanks.

i think the answer is yes to the AR, but i am curious too...........

I think the confusion may be between solid gold (or gold and whatever exotic material they use to hook geeks) and the TT version--My local AD has 2 BB's, one of which is mostly gold and has gold hands.

God help us all if we run into one of the 13 members of the BB engineering team, but guess what? I bet they're the only people on earth that are 100% sure what colors the BB hands are supposed to be on specific models.

And slay...are you aware that you're getting all worked up over the color of hands on a watch?

Was at AD dealer today and I can confirm that without any doubt the gold bezel STAINLESS hand version exists. I held it and had it on my wirst 3 hours ago.

Also, I was mazed at the variety of other combos they had, they had atleast SIX different versions of the watch in stock, several of which I had not seen before on the site.

What kind of carbon fiber is that on Josh and Trusty's version, flat satin black hyper stealth carbon? :whistling:

I haven't seen this watch, but as a general matter carbon fiber doesn't photograph very well. You have to put it on an angle to the light source to see it. Trusty confirmed that his version does have the carbon fiber, and I believe him.

Thinking of buying this, but darn, it's expensive... although I spent some time comparing Trusty's pics to the detailed pics of the gens on the Hublot web site, and it's not perfect, but a darn good rep. Very close to the gen judging by the pictures, although I could spot some differences.

It's sad to see this whole BB project has turned into a little war while in fact we should be all happy to have another great rep. Concerning the prices: The dealers give us the price, we either accept or dont buy. Its just like a market. If competition will drive down the price, so be it. If not, then accept it. Guys, i hope you realise that we are buying reps here. So we ARE in position where we should not start negotiating. At least that is how i feel.

Having followed most of the posts with respect to the development of the BB,

I have no idea to what extent you other dealers have been active in giving feedback and helping develop the this perfect piece of rep, but it was a pleasure for us members to be involved in this project and the man who provided us with updates and worked hard for our corrections and suggestions to be implemented was Angus.

So as i said, if you did also put in work, thanks a lot, your work is highly appreciated bc the outcome is a fine piece! But just from reading the forum the members are not able to see that you are working on this project.

The only thing I know is that Angus has done an extremely outstanding job in trying to get thing really 1:1 (and please repsect that this has never been done before).

One live example: The prototype we have seen had the wrong Hublot logo, but after some ambitious member has pointed out to him, it was changed!

(see tha PO coming in the xth generation still with the wrong logo) I know that if the contact between dealer and us members would have been as close in the production of the ultimate PO as it was in the planning of the BB, there would be zero flaws in the PO today.

To judge the quality of the current BB reps one has to know the exact product line of the BBs. The fact is, that this is a little bit different from most other projects bc Hublot has made relatively many different versions and so called limited editions of the same watch just swapping parts around. And this is good news for us! WHY? Bc those of us that put a big weight on the accuracy of the watch do not really have to be afraid being called out. YES, the original F1 istanbul has steel hands. BUT I have personally seen a RG model with steel bezel that had gold hands, so there is at least one out there (and presumably more than one).

Secondly, the Hublot gen community is relatively accessible to everyone. So if you are a BB fan you could contact the CEO per mail and expect an answer.

If additionally, you have some foot in the industry chances are high you could negotiate for a BB version of your preference (lets say you prefer silver hands on the regular RG version).

And finally, if you ever meet anyone that is going to call you out bc he thinks that the particular version does not exist, he is either someone who only studied the catalogue and you can politely explain to him about all the limited eds that that are out there and tell him yours is one of them. Or its someone who knows about all special editions bc he has handed them all out personally (so you are likely be facing the CEO JC. B.) in which case you are in trouble anyway...haha

So what i am trying to say here is that as long as the individual parts of the rep are sooo close (and they even seem to be identical since they are interchangable with the gen's) swapping some parts will not hurt its accuracy !!! The only concern is taste here, so if you prefer one model over another you should take that one, but accuracy does not matter!

This rep has the ultimate potential to fool ANYONE, if you are smart and your ultimate goal IS to fool ppl. bc you can [censored] about some special request

And yes, these special requests do exist. Trust me, I know what I am talking about.

The same story holds concerning the datewheel. YES it does exist in white and black on the gen and might soon exist directly per request !!! So dont worry too much, enjoy your BB instead

I hope this makes things a bit more clear and resolves some misconceptions !

Have a nice day (or: just my 2...),

uziuzi

It's sad to see this whole BB project has turned into a little war while in fact we should be all happy to have another great rep. Concerning the prices: The dealers give us the price, we either accept or dont buy. Its just like a market. If competition will drive down the price, so be it. If not, then accept it. Guys, i hope you realise that we are buying reps here. So we ARE in position where we should not start negotiating. At least that is how i feel.

Having followed most of the posts with respect to the development of the BB,

I have no idea to what extent you other dealers have been active in giving feedback and helping develop the this perfect piece of rep, but it was a pleasure for us members to be involved in this project and the man who provided us with updates and worked hard for our corrections and suggestions to be implemented was Angus.

So as i said, if you did also put in work, thanks a lot, your work is highly appreciated bc the outcome is a fine piece! But just from reading the forum the members are not able to see that you are working on this project.

The only thing I know is that Angus has done an extremely outstanding job in trying to get thing really 1:1 (and please repsect that this has never been done before).

One live example: The prototype we have seen had the wrong Hublot logo, but after some ambitious member has pointed out to him, it was changed!

(see tha PO coming in the xth generation still with the wrong logo) I know that if the contact between dealer and us members would have been as close in the production of the ultimate PO as it was in the planning of the BB, there would be zero flaws in the PO today.

To judge the quality of the current BB reps one has to know the exact product line of the BBs. The fact is, that this is a little bit different from most other projects bc Hublot has made relatively many different versions and so called limited editions of the same watch just swapping parts around. And this is good news for us! WHY? Bc those of us that put a big weight on the accuracy of the watch do not really have to be afraid being called out. YES, the original F1 istanbul has steel hands. BUT I have personally seen a RG model with steel bezel that had gold hands, so there is at least one out there (and presumably more than one).

Secondly, the Hublot gen community is relatively accessible to everyone. So if you are a BB fan you could contact the CEO per mail and expect an answer.

If additionally, you have some foot in the industry chances are high you could negotiate for a BB version of your preference (lets say you prefer silver hands on the regular RG version).

And finally, if you ever meet anyone that is going to call you out bc he thinks that the particular version does not exist, he is either someone who only studied the catalogue and you can politely explain to him about all the limited eds that that are out there and tell him yours is one of them. Or its someone who knows about all special editions bc he has handed them all out personally (so you are likely be facing the CEO JC. B.) in which case you are in trouble anyway...haha

So what i am trying to say here is that as long as the individual parts of the rep are sooo close (and they even seem to be identical since they are interchangable with the gen's) swapping some parts will not hurt its accuracy !!! The only concern is taste here, so if you prefer one model over another you should take that one, but accuracy does not matter!

This rep has the ultimate potential to fool ANYONE, if you are smart and your ultimate goal IS to fool ppl. bc you can [censored] about some special request

And yes, these special requests do exist. Trust me, I know what I am talking about.

The same story holds concerning the datewheel. YES it does exist in white and black on the gen and might soon exist directly per request !!! So dont worry too much, enjoy your BB instead

I hope this makes things a bit more clear and resolves some misconceptions !

Have a nice day (or: just my 2...),

uziuzi

:clap3:

Yes we all can make peace...and slay wach your f.... mouth! And stop running around saying things that not exist(NO CARBON dials).Yes there are Bbs with gold/silver design,and yes the 2 watches are accurate!But slay i can not understand why you are so negative on Josh and Andrew? And as for the watch my opinion is that it will get better and better,but its still expensive,no matter if it is 1/1 rep,some people i try to fool the all see that the movement was not an original 7750 so this is sad,other also saw that there are stickers on the movement,so for me its still a rep that can do better that that!Peace to all! :)

Yes we all can make peace...and slay wach your f.... mouth! And stop running around saying things that not exist(NO CARBON dials).Yes there are Bbs with gold/silver design,and yes the 2 watches are accurate!But slay i can not understand why you are so negative on Josh and Andrew? And as for the watch my opinion is that it will get better and better,but its still expensive,no matter if it is 1/1 rep,some people i try to fool the all see that the movement was not an original 7750 so this is sad,other also saw that there are stickers on the movement,so for me its still a rep that can do better that that!Peace to all! :)

I'm not watching my mouth, member nr. 4.000, if you dont start paying attention to what we tell you. Hublot Big Bang Istanbul F1 does not have GOLD hands, it has SILVER hands.

I'm not negative about josh&andrew, I'm just stating TWO facts:

1. On their pictures, the Big Bang Istanbul does NOT have a carbon fibre dial (do you even know what carbon fibre is? probably not!)

2. On their pictures, the Big Bang Istanbul has GOLD hands which are INACCURATE; this has been confirmed by the CEO (do you know what a CEO is?) of HUBLOT

That's what I'm saying. And yet you start running around saying what we all say is wrong because you found some photo of a PROTOTYPE. Just pay attention to what we tell you and its all good! Not just me, but also others have told you this at least a dozen times know and you STILL do not get it and wonder why I get angry

I'm not watching my mouth, member nr. 4.000, if you dont start paying attention to what we tell you. Hublot Big Bang Istanbul F1 does not have GOLD hands, it has SILVER hands.

I'm not negative about josh&andrew, I'm just stating TWO facts:

1. On their pictures, the Big Bang Istanbul does NOT have a carbon fibre dial (do you even know what carbon fibre is? probably not!)

2. On their pictures, the Big Bang Istanbul has GOLD hands which are INACCURATE; this has been confirmed by the CEO (do you know what a CEO is?) of HUBLOT

That's what I'm saying. And yet you start running around saying what we all say is wrong because you found some photo of a PROTOTYPE. Just pay attention to what we tell you and its all good! Not just me, but also others have told you this at least a dozen times know and you STILL do not get it and wonder why I get angry

I see no carbon fibre...Just something like carbon fibre on the reps..and yes i have at least one original watch with carbon fibre(tissot V8 GP limited)!And if you think that you are an expert you are fooling your self.And if you are an expert go and work for Hublot or an other maker...they need you!And give me a break!Its Just a forum...

I see no carbon fibre...Just something like carbon fibre on the reps..and yes i have at least one original watch with carbon fibre(tissot V8 GP limited)!And if you think that you are an expert you are fooling your self.And if you are an expert go and work for Hublot or an other maker...they need you!And give me a break!Its Just a forum...

lmao, you are telling me to take a break? you are the one who keeps isnsisting that the genuine watch only comes with gold hands and that there is a carbon fibre dial on andrews pics. The I tell you, ppl here have spoken to the CEO of Hublot and he confirmed that gold hands where only on the prototype and not on the peice that will be sold to the dealers and you still dont believe it and act like we are all lying here. And then you post a picture of a watch which isnt even the watch in question and now you are telling ME to take a break?

I dont really give a crap with what color hands the watch comes, but I do give a crap when ppl start misguiding others by bringing rumors into the forum which are not true

This was discussed to death. Silver hands are accurate and were confirmed by the Hublot CEO I think.

believe it or not, not all the watch co's put all the variations on their site

very annoying actually

please read my post again....!

on the OFFICIAL WEBSITE are pictures of a PROTOTYPE!!!!

hey guys

already talk with jean-claude biver and i can confirm you the f1 turkish model have ss hand

:)

eric

but he said if a want gold hands he can do it for me free

:whistling:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...ev=&reveal=

Was at AD dealer today and I can confirm that without any doubt the gold bezel STAINLESS hand version exists. I held it and had it on my wirst 3 hours ago.

Also, I was mazed at the variety of other combos they had, they had atleast SIX different versions of the watch in stock, several of which I had not seen before on the site.

That is 6 (SIX) times telling you, you are wrong and even explaining you why you are wrong (and 6 times only in THIS thread, I dont know how many times we told you in the other thread). But still you act like we never said anything and continue misguiding others.