When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Bb>>>> Who's Idea?

flavor flav

something seems fishy the way angus shows up with a new model and calling it his own project when i remember josh and andrew talking about it amonths ago. i believe either josh or andrew were saying they even bought a gen for a sample. now angus shows up out of the blue, everyone who bought watches from him a year ago or whenever he dissapeared and recieved nothing somehow forgot that they recieved nothing. i remember the posts! and he starts taking pre-orders and selling these at a much higher price than josh and andrew who, if you remember a few months back, seemed to be the ones commissioning this project......

i don't mean to stir the bee's nest here but why not get it cheaper from josh and andrew and you will always recieve what you paid for. after all.....don't they deserve credit for this one? i imagine how exited josh and andrew were to give this to us and angus seemed to undercut them and sell it sooner for a way higher price too....

anyone feel the same way?

:thumbdown:

something seems fishy the way angus shows up with a new model and calling it his own project when i remember josh and andrew talking about it amonths ago. i believe either josh or andrew were saying they even bought a gen for a sample. now angus shows up out of the blue, everyone who bought watches from him a year ago or whenever he dissapeared and recieved nothing somehow forgot that they recieved nothing. i remember the posts! and he starts taking pre-orders and selling these at a much higher price than josh and andrew who, if you remember a few months back, seemed to be the ones commissioning this project......

i don't mean to stir the bee's nest here but why not get it cheaper from josh and andrew and you will always recieve what you paid for. after all.....don't they deserve credit for this one? i imagine how exited josh and andrew were to give this to us and angus seemed to undercut them and sell it sooner for a way higher price too....

This has been discussed before, and I think unless a dealer buys a gen and commissions it, having an idea doesn't warrent getting credit. If that was the case, I should get credit for agreeing and posting on the old RWG a long time ago that I would buy a HBB.

Angus claimed he inadvertantly saw a prototype and then showed us the pics. He then asked for feedback and claims to have taken our info to the watchmaker for changes.

I don't know how true the second part is, but so what? He kept members informed about a highly anticipated project and then promoted presales. He is a salesman, just like all the other dealers. In fact, Eddie often posts new watches a week before anyone else for a higher price and nobody has ever given him any grief.

Bottom line, unless Angus has not delivered on what he promised in a timely fashion, he gets a :thumbsupsmileyanim: from me for doing what no other dealers have done- caring about ( or pretending to care about) flaws as much as we do.

Angus' pre-order price was lower than Josh's & Andrew's Current prices as far as I know.

And I have never heared of Joshua buying the watch, he only showed the maker pictures and so on.

Angus is stealing nothing from noone, in fact me (& other members here) found it not very nice from Andrew&Josh to act like Angus has done nothing and deserves no credit.

Angus has done a great Job with this watch. period.

Angus' pre-order price was lower than Josh's & Andrew's Current prices as far as I know.

And I have never heared of Joshua buying the watch, he only showed the maker pictures and so on.

Angus is stealing nothing from noone, in fact me (& other members here) found it not very nice from Andrew&Josh to act like Angus has done nothing and deserves no credit.

Angus has done a great Job with this watch. period.

I agree 100%. Angus was great to deal with, and him keeping us all in the loop when it came to finishing touches on the watch was great. And I think all the comments, from the other dealers ie/ Andrew and Josh was uncalled for.

i think we all should just stop all this accusing thing ...if you want to buy any watch from any dealer..its up to you..its your money ..and its your choice..like everybody here too...the same with dealers ...if they want to buy 10 gen watches too..its up to them..whoe ever get it first or wat....

just go and buy the big bang if you like it..otherwise..just buy any other watches sswiss movement at that price tag ..or seiko

i think we all should just stop all this accusing thing ...if you want to buy any watch from any dealer..its up to you..its your money ..and its your choice..like everybody here too...the same with dealers ...if they want to buy 10 gen watches too..its up to them..whoe ever get it first or wat....

just go and buy the big bang if you like it..otherwise..just buy any other watches sswiss movement at that price tag ..or seiko

agreed

check the threads again guys... ANGUS CLEARLY said and wrote in the threads that he would not have it first-that JoshandTrusty were the big dealers in this.. and that he was a small time trader/collector but could convey our Ideas and suggestions to the factory as a courtesy.. and that hopefully his involvement would gain favor with the factory and perhaps he could get us some pre samples or first run pieces.

He never said it was his project.

Only that he had access to get us prepics and could convey our suggestions

And also remember having the PREPICS were more than 1/2 the fun! or at least until the product got into our steamy hands.. :-)

Its obvious people have their favorite dealers so have some cheese with the whine. My proof of the pudding was in the nature of the posts. I never read any helpful posts regarding the BB from Andrew or Josh, only an offensive/defensive turf war and sour grapes. All I got from them was inference on how gullible us buyers were and all the things we didn't know, it was kinda insulting. Nothing from them constructive to made me feel good about the discussion on the watch, no positive feedback, no participation except know-it-all statements. Its obvious they will be the main sellers of this watch first out until Paul gets ahold of it, not Angus. So sit back and wait, the accolades will come their way as they deliver the BB to their customers with glowing watch reviews and then they can take all the glory, deserved or not. Who knows, maybe Angus is a great marketeer of hype in how he presented it to us, who cares, it was fun and constructive.

We should not be surprised that in a business where replicas are being made and sold there will be a smell of "fish" in the air......

176054-8436.jpg

That being said I give my hand to what OMNI has stated so well and accurately in his post above and I conclude that as long as improved replicas keep being offered to us all I will stay happy :)

Its obvious they will be the main sellers of this watch first out until Paul gets ahold of it, not Angus. So sit back and wait, the accolades will come their way as they deliver the BB to their customers with glowing watch reviews and then they can take all the glory, deserved or not.

You've noticed that too?! :kicking:

My God...this thread is funny, but the price thing should be clarified for the noobs: Since there are a number of people who will pay a huge surcharge to recieve a rep first, for various reasons, whichever dealer "gets" those buyers makes a lot of extra money. PT came came up w/ a better schtick this time. That's why the high blood pressure, not anyone getting credit.

My reccomnendation is never to buy a rep until Paul does his volume buy and drives prices down...IMO the BB is going to settle at about $249-$289 depending on the dealer.

I think Archi is correct. This watch will settle down

between $250 and $300.

Just give it time! ;)

-MM

right now i'm wishing you are correct sir :D they appear to be all sold out at the moment.........hopefully they will come back in with a cheaper price and better QC. i spoke with josh and he seems to be hand picking them and sending the ones with issues back to the factory. sounds like there is quite a few. i am anxious to get this one but i'm tired of overpaying to get the first batch.....heck, i paid eddie 329 for the first ingy! then i sold it for i think $220 :black_eye:

I am also having issues with preorder HBB rose gold version...I preorder with Angus at the inflated price before Josh/Andrew decided to low ball him by selling below retail.

I received it with many major problems...none cosmetic...my watch had a missing second hand on the subdial,

and a faulty minute hand...and when i say faulty i mean it was just flopping around like not on properly...

I contacted Angus and he immediately apologized and told me to send it back for a full refund...

During transit we were in good communication, but the watch was delivered to his watchsmith

Wang Do Ba and signed for on Jan. 4, at 9:53 AM. tracking no: EQ932729285US

Since then I have sent 3 emails to him and no response. So far I'm out $498...that is $478 for the watch $20 for shipping.

My last email informed him that if I got no response that I was opening up a dispute via Paypal.

Hopefully this prompts him to get back to me. I don't want to badmouth him at all and give him a chance

to make this right...but I wanted to put my situation out there.

Also I was told the first batch were faulty anyways...the maker of the watch has admitted that the chrono needles and

such were no good.

Any suggestions??