When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 insert question...

automatico

I wonder why the underside is faded like the top?  I have a mid 1970s 1675 with the original faded bezel and it is a richer color on the back side.

Maybe the sun shined under this one.    :pimp:       $3000!! 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207673/message/1471402613/FS+PART-+Rolex+GMT+1675+Gorgeous+Fuchsia+Bezel+Insert

The flare from the burning swamp gas caused a reaction and bent the sun's rays so they went in through the cyclops and ricocheted all under the bezel and turned everything a whiter shade of pale.

:pimp:

"Inserts can fade for a number of reasons. Even the back side. It's not just from sun/UV exposure."

You are probably right, I never paid much attention until ratty insert prices went nuts and by then I had sold/gave away most of my old case parts.  Since the front and back of the insert for sale was the same color it looked fishy to me.  I just now looked in my rolexjunk and have another GMT 1675 bezel insert that has almost no blue left on it and the red is light pink...the watch was all original and made in 1968.  The underside is a lot darker than the front although not nearly as dark as the insert on the 1675 mentioned above that is faded quite a bit on the front side but not too much on the back.  I get a kick out of the insane prices on VRM for parts I gave away or threw away because no one wanted them a few years ago...wish I still had them.  I paid $325 for the 1968 model GMT and $825 for the mid 1970s model.  Times have changed.

Edit:  The 1675 mentioned in the first post was made in 1979, not mid 1970s.  Amnesia.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2016 at 0:34 PM, dbane883 said:

Inserts cans fade for a number of reasons. Even the back side. It's not just from sun/UV exposure.

Not saying it wasnt bleached, but I'd like to see a known bleached example (rep or gen) where one gets that shade of fuchsia. It's a pretty rare colour.

Agree - go saltwater fishing in the Florida sun year round and see what happens to your inserts ;)

On August 18, 2016 at 0:34 PM, dbane883 said:

Inserts cans fade for a number of reasons. Even the back side. It's not just from sun/UV exposure.

Not saying it wasnt bleached, but I'd like to see a known bleached example (rep or gen) where one gets that shade of fuchsia. It's a pretty rare colour.

Like this?

674A1126-1BA6-4701-A960-8F8E513FECE0.jpg

According to lowes color chart ... Haha the insert game is just as fickle as the rest of it :) 

DD9D3B31-24BD-4F38-BBEA-498D15ADCD77.jpg