When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw, Wm, Wbm, Etc.

Pugwash

If I were to get a watch from the same place as Maria et al, and I wanted to offload this watch, hypothetically speaking of course, then what should I call it? I would be lying if I were to call it a MBW, as it would imply I got it from Maria or Luckyyy, where in fact it came from Maria's supplier, or a parallel buyer.

Should I call it a MBK, after the shopping centre that hosts the stall that sells them? Or a Bangkok Best? Or should I do a TTK and call it a new MBW-anagram or even go for a silly word like WoMBat or MistBoW or similar?

Or should I call it a Vintage Rolex replica that can accept genuine parts, if you know what I mean, like from that German geezer that's not here any more?

Overweb?

I'm not getting it over the web though ... um, not that I'm getting one, obviously.

How about "The Watch formerly known as MBW"

Or "What can we do with a watch not from Maria". :D

I think MBW-quality will have to do, but I think we as a community can stop mystifying Maria as I'm not sure he deserves the immortality we've bestowed upon him.

Just post the pics and be done with it. Assuming you are not thinking of some kind of mass marketing scheme a few of your good pics and description will do.

If you are planning some kind of mass marketing scheme, then come up with some original name. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet......................

If you are planning some kind of mass marketing scheme, then come up with some original name. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet......................

A Mass-marketing scheme would be a mental thing to do. I have no intention of setting myself up as a dealer just yet and MBWesque reps attract trouble.

Oh, just that sort of random thought that wanders into your head. You know ... :whistling:

Yeah, yeah.

So if your brother could obtain them hypothetically speaking of course, would you hypothetically speaking feel like sharing the good news and maybe even.....................................only hypothetically speaking of course? :lol:

So if your brother could obtain them hypothetically speaking of course, would you hypothetically speaking feel like sharing the good news and maybe even.....................................only hypothetically speaking of course? :lol:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want to offend any other dealers, so if a proper legit dealer, like when TTK was selling them, were to lose business or in any way be undermined, I'd be doing the community a disservice by unleashing the info. If it all turns out to be merely a wild goose chase, then I don't mind being the only victim.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want to offend any other dealers, so if a proper legit dealer, like when TTK was selling them, were to lose business or in any way be undermined, I'd be doing the community a disservice by unleashing the info. If it all turns out to be merely a wild goose chase, then I don't mind being the only victim.

Fair enough. Effort much appreciated.

Is he your younger brother being so helpful and all?

I think we should just call all of them "MBW" . I'm not a big fan of Maria (based on my chats with him/her)... but since "MBW" is such an estabilished term we should stick to that to avoid confusing the newbies.

I mean...we already have enough "What's the MBW?" questions. We don't need "who's BKK?" on top of that. :lol:

I will be offering the full range of fully tested WBM...( Watches By Me )....from DRSD / SRSD / EXPLORER / MILGAUSS / and everything in between......very shortly....I'm just putting some finishing touches to my T&C's for 2007......plus the addition of new payment services.....and some video of testing services.....plus a series on how to photograph watches....all on streaming video....after I've sorted out some small logistical problems.

I've had a lot of mail asking if I can provide WBM / MBW's on a regular basis........I put some up for sale last year and made a conscious decision not to put anymore up for sale......( mainly because of a lot of controversy....allied to increased risk of seizure / loss / etc etc...)......whilst I was on holiday and was sick.....I re-considered it and have decided to try to provide a stable supply source.....I will also be considering offering these with a full service...as I will also be doing with all other stock.....except the less expensive ones.

I'm considering at this point ....the provision of a TGA......but will confirm this later.....!

I will also be revamping that postal methods that I use.......currently there are a number of countries that don't provide any means of tracking inwards......plus additional risk of seizure or theft......FRANCE......for one......CANADA...for two.....the UK doesn't allow me to track anything sent by RAM......so EMS will be the only options for these countries.....allied to forwarding items to the UK for distribution within the EU.....!

There's a lot more that I will be presenting this year......so watch out for my post regarding these .....!

2007 is going to be a good year....:D

Edited by TTK

I will be offering the full range of fully tested WBM...( Watches By Me )....from DRSD / SRSD / EXPLORER / MILGAUSS / and everything in between......very shortly....I'm just putting some finishing touches to my T&C's for 2007......plus the addition of new payment services.....and some video of testing services.....plus a series on how to photograph watches....all on streaming video....after I've sorted out some small logistical problems.

Okay... that's it. When a noob PM's me and asks about the "best Sub" I'll always tell him to ask Neil. :lol:

I've had a lot of mail asking if I can provide WBM / MBW's on a regular basis........I put some up for sale last year and made a conscious decision not to put anymore up for sale......( mainly because of a lot of controversy....allied to increased risk of seizure / loss / etc etc...)......whilst I was on holiday and was sick.....I re-considered it and have decided to try to provide a stable supply source.....I will also be considering offering these with a full service...as I will also be doing with all other stock.....except the less expensive ones.

There you go, folks! This is great news.

Neil, good luck and I now know where to point people that are after them. :D

I'm considering at this point ....the provision of a TGA......but will confirm this later.....!

I will also be revamping that postal methods that I use.......currently there are a number of countries that don't provide any means of tracking inwards......plus additional risk of seizure or theft......FRANCE......for one......CANADA...for two.....the UK doesn't allow me to track anything sent by RAM......so EMS will be the only options for these countries.....allied to forwarding items to the UK for distribution within the EU.....!

There's a lot more that I will be presenting this year......so watch out for my post regarding these .....!

Great Neil... Are you going to carry the AP ROOs that George has? :rolleyes: