When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Very Disturbing News Re: Paypal...>>>>

frankt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this sucks! big time. i really hope josh and andrew are not in trouble and i pray they do not have alot of money frozen by paypal.... can get very expensive i'm sure! anyone still think these guys make $25000/month???? for thier sake.....i hope they do. really sorry to hear this and i hope they get back in gear shortly. paypal is my only means to buy watches without my wife knowing what i spend. these are very good people here.......if someone here filed paypal complaints on them, thanks for crushing someone's livelihood and taking money from thier families.....hope your happy :protest: :protest: :protest:

MB is great for UK members, sucks for US members... you will most likely have to load it up using wiretransfer (read: fee) because most US credit cards block transactions to gaming websites and MB can be used to fund gaming so they are blocked (at least on all of mine).

This is really gonna suck if they stop taking paypal...

Just read a thread over at the "darkside" about Paypal shutting off Andrew and Josh.....Major bummer!! :wounded1: :wounded1: :wounded1:

That isn't what bothers me - I can always find a way to get money to either of those guys, and if it came to it, I'd send them cash in an envelope. Nobody is higher placed on my "trust" scale.

What I would like to know is why. Is this some slimeball competitor jacking with them, or some snitch for Uncle Rollie perhaps?

I dunno, but we CAN figure it out.

First question - any other major players had their accounts shut down??

Bill

How does moneybookers work? Is there a fee involved and can you use visa/mc as a payment option with them? i went on their site but found it confusing.

There's a 50c transfer fee, or so to send money to a dealer. If you're loading it from your CC then there's a 1.9% charge (at least that's what they quote me in France) and it's instant. If I use my bank's online banking to do a direct bank transfer to MB, it's free, but takes 2-5 working days. You can mail them a cheque too, but that takes 10 working days to clear, but, once again, is free.

If you're pre-loading it like a savings account, you can also use it as a "Hide my watch money from the Missus" account and throw a few quid/bucks/yoyos in there from time to time. When it hits the right amount, drop your favourite dealer a mail. :D

TTK also now takes MoneyBookers, which is excellent news.

It's no drama - I don't think (or sincerely hope) that either are daft enough to keep large sums in their PayPal accounts.

As for payments, every dealer that has gone down before has been able to set up PayPal again if they so desire, takes all of a new gmail account. They may be pissed with PayPal though.

Worst case scenario - the online shop bit doesn't work, and you have to wait for an email. Silix do this.

Seeing as no-one else has done this, I'm going to post my MB referral link so I can make a few cents off anyone using it to sign up. :D

Join MoneyBookers

I don't know how it works, but if it helps me get cheaper watches to review, I'm all for it. :D

ps. Admin, if this is out-of-order, I recommend deleting this post and setting up an account in the name of the forum as a referrer and using any measly profits to help pay towards the hosting.

I have sent a Paypal transaction to Andrew today with no mention of this from him.

I think these issues come up becasue some people are so dumb when they fill out the description box without any thought for what they are doing!

I've had a PP account for 4 years or so and have never had an issue with them and touchwood never will if simple rules are followed when dealing with delicate subject matter!

I believe the dealers may still be offering Paypal to selected customers. It's how I'd do it in their place.

However, if I were buying from them and they offered me a paypal account in spite of the fact they were openly telling people they no longer accepted paypal, I'd not mention it. :D

It's no drama - I don't think (or sincerely hope) that either are daft enough to keep large sums in their PayPal accounts.

As for payments, every dealer that has gone down before has been able to set up PayPal again if they so desire, takes all of a new gmail account. They may be [censored] with PayPal though.

Worst case scenario - the online shop bit doesn't work, and you have to wait for an email. Silix do this.

Exactly.

...and they have multiple accounts already, all with (I assume) falsified private information. This does not scare me in the least.

Joshua had some paypal blockade on his site a few weeks ago, then it started back up... but during this time, all I had to do was transfer my funds to him manually. It was absolutely no problem.

It's not so simple anymore.......I've set up 2x new PP accounts....none of which have passed the verification stage yet......the first one I took a transaction from a member here....there was no mention of watches or sites......yet they limited the account...and have been asking for info ever since...!

It would not surprise me in the least if they were monitoring these sites.....and decided to check out anyone offering PP.....all it takes is an e-mail and a request for PP account to send the funds......no purchase need be made......and they have a PP addy to check....!

I had an email from pp (genuine) that they had to have extra verification of who I was just because i'd transferred more than some eu penpushers says i can, and it may be used for money laundering, I mean WTF? It was hardly in the tens of thousands ffs.