When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Happy accident?

rails

About a week ago I misplaced my 1016 build, and naturally I was quite panicked, until it showed up in my wife’s hands with a whoops on her face. The watch had fallen into the hamper and made it’s way through both wash and dry cycles. I wouldn’t expect the case to be air tight, but was delighted that it was ticking strong and keeping good time.

There was however, some damage to the dial, some of the matte finish faded away... I kind of like the look and simply appreciate just having it back. a410b235fe3727a2a5105aa23dbd354e.heic

I guess it’s wabi sabi, or so as they say... what do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ha you all are a trip. She wanted me to let you know she will take requests, with scented upgrades available but will not do your laundry. As far as the temps used, I think cold wash and med-hi heat to dry for 40 or so minutes. Unsure of the detergent or fabric softener used, though some trade secrets must remain close lol.

I’m not sure the specific model, but they’re those computerized gizmo front loading ones by Samsung... I suspect they might have a custom dial aging setting ? programmed in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hot dog!! How long is your waiting list? Is it possible to have her add some gravel during the spin cycle to soften the case edges a little?
@Sogeha, I like your idea... I'd like to nominate this Maestro for Modder of the Year! I bet her kids call her the same thing....

So your wife has gone to all that trouble of ageing your watch and you have the audacity to dismantle it! I suggest you give it back to her to rebuild it for you. Some people just don't know when to stop. 

So your wife has gone to all that trouble of ageing your watch and you have the audacity to dismantle it! I suggest you give it back to her to rebuild it for you. Some people just don't know when to stop. 

good point, haha ...

“story of my life” she says