When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Seen This?

ajoesmith

I got the same head's up from josh today. I'm not sure this is an ETA copy. It looks like an asian 21j bumped up to 28,800 bph.

Which is A.O.K. with me. Asian 21J has proven to be reliable so far with great pricing, with 28k beat rate I am even more pleased.

I would like to hear some durability reviews though from teh elders.

Edited by pelotudo

An interesting yet at the same time worrying development. From the (one) picture of the movement it looks like a cheapened 2824 clone (microregulator has gone, for example) and NOT the Miyota clone or genuine Seagull movement we expect to see when someone says 'Asian'.

How many of us who have received Ultimate POs recently are now tempted to pop the caseback and anti-mag core to see what's under there??!!

A fake fake movement? Surely not?

Well, Klink said it would happen....!

I don't have a problem with it (and never have), as long as we don't get a repeat of the early days of the Asian 6497 when some of our dealers tried to pass them off as bargain Swiss....

If they upped the beatrate just for the PO, they overdid it. 28,800 is as wrong as 21,600.

Oh, and they really should stop using the term "Asian Copy Eta 2824-2". :D

Much like they claimed the Beginmariner was a "Asian Eta 2813, 21600bph movt", they caused a lot of confusion.

If they upped the beatrate just for the PO, they overdid it. 28,800 is as wrong as 21,600.

They haven't upped the rate. That is someone's interpretation of what the movement is ie. an 'uprated' version of the 21J Miyota copy, which it isn't.

The 2892 was cloned (ST-18) and the clone had the same beat as the original too.

This would be a great buy, only if the hand sizes are ETA fit. If that's the case then I would junk the Asian movement and replace it with a gen Swiss 2892A2. That really would be an 'Ultimate' PO.

We need to know more about the movement specs. If it turns out that it uses some odd-ball size of hands that really is a step backwards. For this reason I'd far rather have an old Asian 7750 (21,000) than the newer 28,800 7750 whch can't easily be swapped for the ETA version. One of my main gripes about reps.

when comes the copy of copy from copy of copy from swiss movement???

so much copy :yawn:

but why? eta 2824-2 nickel cost in switzerland 35euro factory price from ETA. How much will cost it in asia and if you order 10.000?

we need so much copy of copy from copy from copy from genuine????

Edited by tourbillon1801

I don't know if this makes sense or not so I will throw it out there and see what some of you guys think.

From what I am seeing this watch is exactly the same as the "Ultimate" with a cheaper movement and $110.00 cheaper.

Now lets say that the hands are the same and will fith the ETA 2824-2. If the "cheaper" movement lasts a year, then you replace it with a 2824 that you can get for around $70.00 you would still come out better in the end.

Even if the hands aren't the same, could'nt you always just put gen hands in when you replace the movement, if you even ever have to that is??

From what I am seeing this watch is exactly the same as the "Ultimate" with a cheaper movement and $110.00 cheaper.

Depends on who you buy your 'ultimate' from. I got mine with ETA marked 2824 (I checked - microregulator and everything!!) for $25 more than this fake of a fake. Admittedly that was a special price because mine had a damaged pearl and I negotiated a discount, but still.

This does seem like a good way to get hold of a uPO for a project, but if you just want a wearer I'd be waiting to find out more about the provenance of this movement as it is the first time I (and I am sure others) have seen it, especially when an already assembled ETA version can be had elsewhere for not much more.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I see this release as an attempt to divert attention from the fact that Trusty/Josh overpriced their ETA uPO.

He was quoting the price Cousins buys it at.

Cosuins aren't buying them at any price at the moment as they can't get stock! This is the second sign I have seen that supplies of these movements are starting to be restricted. It would appear though that some people still have stockpiles.

Cosuins aren't buying them at any price at the moment as they can't get stock! This is the second sign I have seen that supplies of these movements are starting to be restricted. It would appear though that some people still have stockpiles.

Ok, yes, I see what you mean. Ouch.

Oh, and they really should stop using the term "Asian Copy Eta 2824-2". :D

Much like they claimed the Beginmariner was a "Asian Eta 2813, 21600bph movt", they caused a lot of confusion.

I agree 100%. It is not an asian copy of an ETA but it has the same function, fit more or less into the same hole/case and looks similar but not more more than that. Its just hype.

I agree 100%. It is not an asian copy of an ETA but it has the same function, fit more or less into the same hole/case and looks similar but not more more than that. Its just hype.

btw Gran,

I remember you posted a whole bunch of seagull movements a while back, I recall seeing a similar movement to the 2836/2824. Maybe you can have another look at the seagull catalog and give us a heads up.

thanks buddy.