When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bergies, where did they go?

KB

Hi folks,

As many will know my father passed away 5 months ago but although I grieved like one would expect it was not the reason for why I went missing.

There is in fact a couple of reasons and the first was based on a fight for my fathers estate, unfortunately my dad fell prey to an evil and conniving woman who positioned herself firstly as a family friend and then his sole carer and finally, without an family knowledge, married him when he had less than a year left to live and of course she made sure to walk of with all of my fathers assets, approx 1/2 a million dollars.

The fight to try and get some of this money back has been long and basically pointless as my father was her 5th marriage so she already knew all the tricks and she also had a dodgy lawyer helping her. We have in Australia a law called Elder Abuse which on paper is supposed to stop this exact thing but in practice relies on the relatives being able to prove that my father was manipulated, an impossible task! It was also not a case of contesting the will because she made sure my father gifted everything to her except 6k in shares that I get to split with my brother.

Sorry for that rant but I had to get it out of my system...

The other reason I went missing is that I seriously had come to a point where I wanted to wind down Bergies as recent years the job had just become too hard, far too many minor complaints and buyers remorse with the constant threat of PP disputes meant that what I built up for a dozen years as a labour of love was being pulled down by unrealistic buyers who demanded more from soft goods than they do of our watches.

It is very hard to wind down a business like this without screwing someone over because there is usually always outstanding orders but more importantly issues that need to be fixed. As luck would have it I hit a happy medium where I actually had no outstanding work and decided to walk away.

So what's changed?

1. I miss this place but I know I could never just slot back in as a regular member, if I want to participate I need to open shop again.

2. My Chinese sales rep (Cathy) who has been by my side for over 12 years is struggling and I owe it to her to try and bring in some revenue.

3. I originally started the business 12 years ago because I saw our members getting screwed over by the very high mark up guys in the net and now they are happening on our forums, so I want to put the exact same products out there for a reasonable price and give our members a fair go again.

So starting now and continuing until at least after Christmas all Bergies goods, at the same old prices, will be offered with a 10% discount on orders over $300.

Please a couple of conditions....

1. Know what you are buying, look it up on the gen sites and make sure it is what you want because the moment you decide to make up a story to get it swapped I am losing money.

2. Unless you are willing to pay for 1:1, true 1:1 not other sellers claims that everything they have is 1:1, then remember there is bound to be some kind of flaws if you look hard enough, just the same as our watches.

I have very many PM's to look through but I will start at the top and work down through the last couple of weeks, in anyone still wants to connect that is older than that please send me a new message.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this.

Ken

Welcome back Ken, we missed you.  I'm sorry about your father and the aftermath.  We went through almost the same thing here and it leaves a foul taste in your mouth.  It's good to see you're better than that.  :tu:

• 2 weeks later...