When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little White Lies, No Harm Done If She Doesn't Know.

Markus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife simply cannot keep track anymore :animal_rooster: she signs the packagesthat come to the door......then i show her my new watches i "traded my old ones for" LOL!

Yeah right Flav....I have shown my wife the photo of your cabinet filled with watches as an example of

"See? I'm not so bad" so if your wife believes that you are trading new watches for old then I want to

be the first to sign up for your salesmanship course. :lol:

Yeah right Flav....I have shown my wife the photo of your cabinet filled with watches as an example of

"See? I'm not so bad" so if your wife believes that you are trading new watches for old then I want to

be the first to sign up for your salesmanship course. :lol:

Wives talk! You just dropped Flav in it. :rolleyes:

It'll end in tears.........trust me!

JTB

His or Hers?

:)

Its tricky - very tricky - i have tried to tie it to other things -selling a few buying a few. - You don't even want to see the face she made when she found out how much a "palp' crown cost :) let alone The Zigmeister's fees.

- she has her own habbits - for alot of it - i do'nt bother her, she doesn't bother me - unless money is tight

thank god... i thought i was the only one...

but i have had practice... when i was in my teens i was watch obsessed ... whenever i had holiday breaks from school ( i went to boarding school) i used to run over to canal street and pic up a watch or several. my Mum would always say is that another watch... So my mum thought that buying me a gen when turned 21 would put an end to my incessent watch buying... wishful thinking me thinks... so whenever i get a new watch i let it sit for a while and then wear it and see if anyone notices ... its normally when i think i am in the clear they spot it --- i have a ashamed feeling of guilt --- and then the question of how much i paid for it comes up... My girlfriend thinks its a form of madness... i normally buy the piece and then i find a way of breaking it to her ... she has a pseudo go at me with ' YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER WATCH!' but she is getting used to it ... i bought myself a new watch box over Christmas and now she insists that i fill up every slot ... she likes wearing my watches and is especially fond of my 183 and of pams in general --- she unfortunatly thinks that rolexes are tacky... which is cool with me since she won't pinch them ... but i feel the presure to buy another pam.

on another note you can always show your women Tanfos collection... i did that once and i am getting a whole lot less stick.

:lol:

I have everything sent to work...

I haven't told my wife about my rep GMT yet either. I've been wearing it around the house though and she hasn't noticed. We both "like" watches so I'm surprised she hasn't noticed... The $$$ won't be a big issue once she realizes it's a rep... This is close enough to my old swiss army that I can see how she might not notice. If/when I get my first Pam I give it a day tops before she spots it. I need to get a watch box before I get anymore though because sitting on top of my dresser is a bit obvious.

I also have this same issue with camera gear. I'm sure to send everything to work because she know what the B&H tape looks like and means. I'm always telling her that I'm selling something to pay for it. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not... But yeah, I'm trying to start making $$$ from my photography so she's backed off in that department... And I did sell all my old gear when I went digital...

Ben

Three (essentially) options in my house:

First, if my wife is home to sign for the package or sees the delivery attempt slip from China, the game is over. Just fess up.

If I am home to take delivery, I might not wear it around her (or at the very least not wave it around conspicuously) so that by the time a few weeks later she asks "Is that a new watch?" I can say with a straight face and in all honesty, "No, I've had it awhile."

Finally, when she asks how much a particular watch cost, I usually apply a significant discount to my answer for any watch over $200. Somehow I don't think I could explain to her the concept of a $300+ replica, let alone that I have so many (we have separate credit cards).

The net result, even though she complains of clutter and that we have too much "stuff," still she says she likes the fact that I enjoy collecting watches. She buys clothes and periodically visits a local spa. I (primarily) collect watches.

That's hilarious that so many of us have to lie to buy our watches. My wife luckily doesn't know one panny from another and probably thinks I have 2 or 3 of them when i have 8 or so. When I got the B&R 46 she of course picked up on that one right away.."you got another new watch!!!?? I've had to wear xtra long sleeves some days just so i didn't have to hear the nagging. They will never understand. I have an omega PO and could easily get a PO chrono and she'd never notice. hmmmm

If you buy a 45mm PO, it'll man you up. You can then use your steely hunter/gatherer stare to put her back in her place. I am man, PO is mine, woman!

ps. Don't try this when you're not wearing your PO as it'll get you put back in your place, hard. :black_eye:

Remember....."Make up" sex is always terrific...And you'll STILL have the watch!!! :rolleyes::victory::whistling:

Just buy her a purse/shoes or something else of equal value for each watch you buy. She will love for you to continue to buy as many watches as you like. That is the fair thing to do, right?

So it's all of you guys that give my hubby his ideas! Oh well, I love all my bags and my watches...but he knows better than to lie to me, he'd have hell to pay, and unless your wife is a moron she'll eventually figure it out.....

Me too! How many others have their watches mailed to the office?

Not a chance here, everything is signed by the kids in the mail room and things have a way of disappearing (just last month 5 items worth 3k a piece got "lost"). Plus I dont want to raise eyebrows receiving a new luxury watch every couple weeks.

How true,,,,,,,,,,,,,I usually just don't say anything. Then after a few drinks it's like. Hey,,,check out what I got a few days ago" However,,,in the bigger picture,,,there are far worse things one could get caught doing.

Give up drinking and she'll never know :whistling:

my wife is actually pretty cool with it! after all....i used to collect sports cars and motorcycles.....now just watches. so it's not so bad. whenever i sell any of mine i be sure to show here i'm selling these to buy different ones. or trading them. it works!

Tell her you're thinking of collecting yachts :D

I haven't laughed this much for a while.

This is why I'm not married... (or is it because I suck on picking up ladies?) :p

Keep this thread alive!!!

You and me both dude. :rolleyes:

That's hilarious that so many of us have to lie to buy our watches. My wife luckily doesn't know one panny from another and probably thinks I have 2 or 3 of them when i have 8 or so. When I got the B&R 46 she of course picked up on that one right away.."you got another new watch!!!?? I've had to wear xtra long sleeves some days just so i didn't have to hear the nagging. They will never understand. I have an omega PO and could easily get a PO chrono and she'd never notice. hmmmm

She'll notice the subdial spacing :animal_rooster:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...