When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Parcelforce (uk) Are Rubbish !

Fireman_Fred

:thumbdown: I ordered a watch from Andrew before Christmas and it never arrived - Parcelforce "lost" it. Although the address was correct, they said the postcode was incorrect so they couldn't deliver it and then it just "went missing" (never to be seen again !). Their excuse was that they take on temporary drivers at Christmas time and some are not very good ! (one of them is probably wearing MY watch !!). Andrew replaced it (nice chap !!)

I ordered another watch from Andrew the other day and I tracked it on EMS from Shanghai to Coventry in 4 days (including a weekend !!). Again, part of the address was missing so it took a further 2 days for me to get it from Parcelforce. Surely, if they have an address it doesn't matter if the postcode is slightly wrong - they can work it out ?? and surely, if they have an accurate postcode, it shouldn't matter if the address is slightly out - they can work it out ?? - Seems not - it's just too difficult !! A watch can travel thousands of miles from China to the UK with no problems but the good old UK postal service can't mannage the last few miles !! It is so frustrating when you have been tracking it all the way and then it doesn't arrive !!

[i'm not sure why Andrew's shippers keeping cocking up my address but that's anther story...!!]

Am I alone or has anyone else fallen foul of the crap UK postal delivery service ?? Do other countries share the same poor service ?? :g::angry:

Never used them for watches, but I did order some golf equpment once. They lost the first shipment, so the store sent a replacement. A couple of days after I received the good, the original shippment showed up at my door and I had 2 out of everything ;) Guess I would rate them as bad, but good ;)

Sound like its a problem with Trustys shippers more than Parcelforce, I've had only one problem and that was an empty watch box inside an EMS envelope, it was my first order from Eddielee, I'm not convinced whether it was Parcelforce or a chinese thief but someone stole my watch I've had lots since though, all with no problem .

I hand a shipment from josh get returned to CN due to addressing problems just before christmas, strange that the other package sent same day and place with same addrerss got here. Josh sorted me out and the resent package arrived today. Must get sme photos done and post them, A 2006 GMTII and a daydate (was suposed to be my mums xmas pressy but it will be delivered by the easter bunny now).

Never had any problems so far. They do tend to mess about a bit though, my last parcel went back and forth between depots a couple of times before finally landing... But it did arrive eventually. It spent more time in the UK on a van somewhere than it did getting all the way from China.

Am I alone or has anyone else fallen foul of the crap UK postal delivery service ?? Do other countries share the same poor service ?? :g::angry:

Ya not alone mate, though I was lucky with watch deliveries. Parcelforce hasn't lose anything yet for me, but Royalmail did, and the bugger in those cases is that it is up to the sender to complain. And yeah, if those guys could "work it out" they would not be working for Parcelforce...

I've had about 8 watch deliveries with ParcelForce over the last couple of months. All have been without any problems, and if it wasn't for the ParcelForce tracking system I'd have no idea about the location of the watch in transit because I have never had any success when tracking via the EMS website.

I think they provide a very good service - it's not as if yours was the only parcel they delivered that day. They use barcode readers to log stuff so if a postcode is out then it can be a problem for them. Sometimes the driver cannot see an address easily and cannot spend 30 mins trying to look for it. They have tight schedules and tight margins and must be delivering hundreds of thousands of parcels every day so for the odd thing to go astray is not bad. They have lost a couple of my things in the past but my bank has made mistakes, NHS made mistakes etc etc.

I had one problem with parcelforce last year,on delivery i was out,so they left the parcel<watch>at a neighbours house without posting a card in my letter box to let me know where he/she has dumped it.

some time later i bumped into my neighbour and she said "oh i think there is a parcel for you in my house" "its been there for 4 weeks""ive been waiting for you to collect it".

An accurately labelled parcel will get delivered without any problems.

Sorry but that's a bit of a generalisation based on your own experience. I've also had many problems with them DESPITE accurate adddressed items - lost, taken back to depot miles away, their delivery guys never ringing just chucking card through letterbox, misdelivery to neighbours, the list goes on....luckily recently I seem to be able to rely on them to leave items with neighbours, who are fortunately kind and friendly enough to let me know :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Never had a problem with them at all.

Perhaps I've just been particularly unlucky. I imagine it varies, depending on the part of the UK - some areas being better than others... :g: