When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica Wrist Time

Tagger

Hi

I was just curious how everyone used their reps. I wear a Rolex Yachtmaster rep close to 24/7 and it is fast becoming scratched up( the strap not crystal) . I have only had it 6 weeks and the other day the bezel insert fell off! Luckily no one else was around but my wife got a great laugh out of it! I get the feeling these reps are not really built to be daily wearers but occassional posing.

Please share your use and experience. I think a $200 watch should hold up to daily wear regardless of it being a rep. Not meaning to be prejudice ( my wife is Chinese) but is this down to the fact "made in China"?

PS My dealer (Josh) is sending me a new bezel insert to resore my watch to its former glory!! Thanks JOSH.

Hi

I was just curious how everyone used their reps. I wear a Rolex Yachtmaster rep close to 24/7 and it is fast becoming scratched up( the strap not crystal) . I have only had it 6 weeks and the other day the bezel insert fell off! Luckily no one else was around but my wife got a great laugh out of it! I get the feeling these reps are not really built to be daily wearers but occassional posing.

Please share your use and experience. I think a $200 watch should hold up to daily wear regardless of it being a rep. Not meaning to be prejudice ( my wife is Chinese) but is this down to the fact "made in China"?

PS My dealer (Josh) is sending me a new bezel insert to resore my watch to its former glory!! Thanks JOSH.

most of mine get worn once or twice a month and they are all like new still.

i wear mine reps all the time...i rotate the 10 of them...and they are still good looking and w/o scratches...some minor problems like bez markers falling off my 187...unscrewing bracelet on the Breit SW Chrono...falling off little pin that keeps the lever of the CG on my 196...that is pretty much all...

Hi

. I have only had it 6 weeks and the other day the bezel insert fell off! Luckily no one else was around but my wife got a great laugh out of it!

I've got a car and a motorcycle as well...Last summer i was riding my motorcycle and while running with a speed of about 120KM/h (~75 miles per hour) i suddenly realized that the bezel insert of my Omega SMP Pro has kissed me goodbye and prefered to fly up and high in the air....

LOL ? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I wear one of a dozen watches, gen and rep and find that even my oldest, my Noobmariner, is still in decent condition. I rotate daily and have a dozen straps on my PAMs that I change enough to have decided to get those springbars that look like screws.

My MBW sub was in the past a daily wearer (plus some Tag and rolex gens) but now my franken 15000 is the king and I think that when I finish my 16233 it will be also another wrint king... It's curious but Sub is time to time getting away from my preferences. No wrist time at all in the last months... Should I sell it? mmm...

It,s pot luck really. I have seven reps which i have had no problem with but three with problems, a bezel coming off a Rolex, pearl off the bezel of a Planrt Ocean and a screw coming off the winder guard of a Panerai. Yoy just have to accept that the quality control isn't going to be great with watches from China, that said I have had no problems with most of my reps and wear them regularly.

I wear reps most of the time. I don't get that same feeling of satisfaction when I stare down at my wrist with a gen on. The biggest issue I initially had was with pins coming out of metal bracelets. I solved it by adjusting and then immediately adding Loc-tite on the screws. My other safeguard is that any watch that I determine I will actually wear I do send off for service to Ziggy. He makes sure everything is properly sealed and attached.

I have 5 reps in my collection. I roatate them, but now I just bought my SMP chrono and that is getting worn non-stop for the 4-week break-in period. There have been no malfunctions on any of my old timepieces just because of wear. SUrprisingly, the SMP chrono's bracelet unscrewed itself but, miraculously, it got caught in my sleeve and I had time to catch it - otherwise it would have made love to the pavement below.

I tightened the screws and now do a inspection before putting it on. I am very careful with my possessions though, especially with these watches (I treat them like they are made of tissue paper) and operate the crown and set the time with gentleness compareable only to a brain surgeon performing an operation on a hemophilic nun.

I have been wearing my PAM 111 24/7 (Except in the shower) for a year. It has got some scratches to the case, but I think I wil have a go with some polish to get it shining again.

I really love this watch, but now I have got my Ultimate PO, so the PO gets the most wrist time nowdays.

I guess I will rotate the two, since the orange PO doen't go with every outfit. (almost though!)

My reps are my daily watches. For about 5 years, my TT Datejust was my every day watch. Lately, I've been alternating between my Paul's So Called Perfect LV and the SMP Chrono that I picked up from Flavor Flav as I've retired the Datejust to dress-up occasions.

I've got two Seiko 5's that I wear once in a while, a Bulova Millennia that I wear probably twice a year and a a Seiko Chrono that I might wear once a year.

My reps, thus far, have all been fantastic timepieces. They keep excellent time (especially my Paul's Sub - it runs about +1 a day!) and have held up, physically, as well as any watch I've ever owned.

I rotate after 3 days at the most, it is easy to get attached to each one and you enjoy gazing at your wrist and seeing it there which provides a certain satisfaction. I try to be careful with them, but sometimes they will get minor scratches. Most people have one good watch they wear always, and that increases the chance for damage, so on the whole, we who collect replicas and wear them on a rotating basis find that it will prolong the pristine condition of the watch.

most of mine get worn once or twice a month and they are all like new still.

I have 6 watches in my rotation, 5 reps 1 gen.. i wear them all equally... i also have 2 other gens i wear periodically. they are all in good condition, although I am kinda tuff on my stuff but the reps wear as well as the gens do.... no real scrathes or blemishes that cannot be polished out.

I used to wear a sub rep day in and day out, did work around the house with it and it lasted about 6 months, then everything started to fall off, bazel, dial markers, you name it, I would glue one market back, close the watch and then notice another one fall off, so I learned the hard way there is a difference btween that thing and a Seiko... These days I am careful with my 42 and 45 PO's I wear them only for special occassions (special == low impact, no sports, no working around the car and stuff), and I never got another Sub, got so frustrated with the one that fall apart :lol: However, there seem to be an exceptional model, the Seawolf rep, I have the brushed SS version from Josh, and tend to wear it for anything but deep-sea diving... this thing is built like a tank, nothing to fall off from the dial, bazel is strongly build and if it get scratched, just brush it with fine sand paper -- crystal is sappire hence scratch-proof and I normally wear it on a strap, this is one rep that can be taken to war :)