When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A logo for the forum

docdoowop

"I think what the forum needs is more members with watchmaking knowledge/experience."

Agree. 

One reason for the slowdown in traffic might be the younger generation being more interested in modern watches that are widely available as 'super reps' and generally more reliable than what we are used to.  This may have erased much of the need for modifying/repairing tips from forums like this one.

Otoh, RWI has over 1450 posts on Rlx '1016' watches so there is still quite a bit of interest in do-it-yourself vintage projects.

Acquired knowledge takes time and commitment...

younger people may be in university and most of their time may be spent on their studies rather than how to fix a watch....there are people for that...

the watch hobby can time consuming...

my thread was about specifically a logo for the top left corner...

freddy , 

We were always the store of knowledge and expertise for modding , movements, vintage whatever for the rep world.  i doubt we are deficient in that area, what we lack/lacked was volume of members just to make the place fun to hang out at. I can not tell you how many times guys at RWG bz would call us the knitting circle, I replied " my guys are sitting in ivory towers thinking up builds your guys are buying whatever the latest thing factories try to sell them." That is not our problem even with some older guys no longer able to mod as they do not see so well! Yes this is true................

8 hours ago, Mike on a bike said:

We were always the store of knowledge and expertise for modding , movements, vintage whatever for the rep world.  i doubt we are deficient in that area

"Were" is the salient issue. We no longer are, nor have we been for several years. I think a simple perusal of RWI's daily postings will demonstrably illustrate the point.

You are correct Freddy past tense  but even with our modders at their height it was so tough to get the place alive /fun as automatico states tough in cheek and I tried everything photo contests, raffles with outrageous amounts of watches to take a chance on for a few bucks, chasing dealers around to post their new stuff here as they did elsewhere and other things but nothing took.  Now you tell me more modders on RWI (I do not go there much at all) well that is very bad news. Well I am not in hot seat anymore others are going to try their hand, let us wish them luck.