When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Finished 3b :)

V

Well it is finally finished the way I wanted it.. I was working today all morning for this beauty :thumbsupsmileyanim:

OEM Tritium Dial and OEM tritium hands

JimymFu case 1:1 to the OEM

JimmyFu crown guard 1:1 to the OEM

NON-AR saphire glass

Homer's crown

100% accurate caseback (including serials)

Now when i will get a palp crown it will be my destro time to be hmm hmm extremely accurate? :p

194934-3977.jpg

194934-3978.jpg

194934-3979.jpg

194934-3980.jpg

194934-3981.jpg

I have a problem though .. The rep screws seem to be smaller than the genuine ones and when they are screwed to their end they stick out of the case (in their end part)

I guess i have to buy as well genuine screws.

For now I had two semi-stripped ones that were screwing till the middle and they look perfect ;)

Thanks guys.. it is nice to se it finished :)

ABout the strap I guess.. this all black CK , the distressed MP and a nice tan will be the best for the white dial.

The only strap I don't like on this watch is the Metta.

Very nice work. Any chance of a greek-accented how-to like the Radiomir one? :D

ps. How about using those screw-alike springbars River sells?

I will try to do one when i will do the upgrate on my destro.. Having said that though i will be very scared and i don;t know if i can be so cool like on the radiomir... Because here I have parts costing 500-600 euros and since i am not an experienced watchmaker if i do something wrong... :black_eye::rolleyes::animal_rooster:

I thought about rivers springbars but it will be my last resort. I will have to buy the genuine screws first and then we'll see...

Thanks guys for your kind words...

When I will get tired of this watch it will only go to one of my friends in this forum because if it goes to wrong hands someone can easily be scammed and think this is a genuine. The last thing i want is to see the watch on ebay selling for 6000$ ;)

Very nice, V! Which crystal did you end up using?

I also recommend River's spring bars. I bought a couple of pairs recently, and I won't be going back to screws.

I already had a NON-AR saphire for this watch..

But yesterday morning I removed the AR coating from a rep saphire glass to use for my destro22...

I will try as well rivers spring bars but i would prefer to have screw in for more accurate.

I emailed Doxa and asked them if they still used tritium and they replied and said no, the reason being that studies have shown it can lead to male infertility.

I emailed Doxa and asked them if they still used tritium and they replied and said no, the reason being that studies have shown it can lead to male infertility.

Joking aside, if studies have PROVED that then why other manufacturers still use Tritium in their diving watches?

I guess a research like this with proved results would have lead to a ban of the tritium?