When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eddie Lee- My Replica Rolex Wont Keep Time, Do You Think I Need A New Battery?

runninhorn

I take it off on Thursdays and when I go to get it on Mondays, it is always about 6 hours behind. Could it be the battery? Had it now for 1 month. Also, if it is, will any jewelry shop put a new battery in or should I ship it back to you?

Am I missing something, but what rep Rollie to you have that's a quartz? Battery? :mellow:

all eddie lee sells is automatic rolex reps. there is no battery dude.... that's pretty much what we are obsessed with here..... mechanical marvels. look up "watch winders" on ebay and get one for yourself. your watch is mechanical and runs off a spring which is wound by a spinning rotor moved by your wrist movement. they will run 1-3 days once you take it off then stop as there is no wrist movement to keep the rotor spinning winding the spring. the watch winder will keep the watch in motion so it will have a full wind when you go to wear it. remember.......batteries=quartz or electric(old) and quartz=junk. automatic is what real rolex uses.

I take it off on Thursdays and when I go to get it on Mondays, it is always about 6 hours behind. Could it be the battery? Had it now for 1 month. Also, if it is, will any jewelry shop put a new battery in or should I ship it back to you?

oh ok thanks, was unaware they didnt have batteries

yea im serious? you think im kidding? Id let you know if i was kidding.

Rotflol 10 times :lol::lol::lol: I`m wetting my panties over here :lol:

Please admin make this a sticky.

This is almost funnier than the trl thread.

"Could it be the battery?", he said.

Just f#$king hilarious.

Thank you runninhorn you made my day.

Noob initiation runninghorn. Don't get all bent out of shape about it. Even some current sages have made the same mistake............unless of course your initials are jf and your just trying to build a new unidentifiable persona............in which case............f off!

JTB

Edited to say..........then again your in the UK so I take the second bit back.

Then again we can't forget that jtb himself once asked the same (or very close) question :lol:

On March 1, 2005 Jonthebhoy wrote on RWG1 the following:

cpaman, you are a star!

It had occured to me to do this but it seemed quite tight and I didn't want to force it in case I broke the stem.

But hey presto a little extra force and it came. All seems well now. Thanks pal.

By the way.........are these watches battery powered? And require no winding?

jonthebhoy

:)

Noob...

LMAO

TT

Edit: Love ya Jon

runninhorn is a classic. below are quotes of his infamous "taking his tt sub to an AD for mods".

runninhorn, since september, have you learned anything about reps? Do you know what a mechanical watch is? Automatic doesn't mean battery-powered nor chipmunk powered. Read more. Else you're providing comic relief and don't know the joke is on you.

-bm

Just bought a tt rep rolex sub from Eddie Lee. Love the watch, looks great, but would like a few small mods done to the watch. Does anyone here recommend anyone to do the mods? Just wondering, thanks. Took it to my local rolex dealer but he wanted an arm and a leg.

Yes, my local dealer I took it to, he was adjusting the band for me and said to bring it back anytime to get the band changed out and if i wanted any mods done to it, it would void the warranty but he would still do it if I wanted it done.

You smell something fishy here? What the heck kind of reply is that? I posted a question with the facts, and you draw that kind of conclusion? That comment by you was just plain stupid.

dude your such an idiot. STFU. I took it to a dealer and know what he said. Quit spouting BS.
Edited by bklm1234