When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Have Send A Package To China?

bokkiebeh

Hi guys,

I have send a package with 4 watches back to one of the dealers.

I see online that there is a unknown delay in Guangzhou costums.

My question is if this happens more often or does it seems like they took my package?

Anybody hear has some experiences with the China costums and delays?

Thx, martijn

Edited by bokkiebeh

Hi guys,

I have send a package with 4 watches back to one of the dealers.

I see online that there is a unknown delay in Guangzhou costums.

My question is if this happens more often or does it seems like they took my package?

Anybody hear has some experiences with the China costums and delays?

Thx, martijn

Nobody have experience with Chinese costum delay?

There is something that I dont understand here.

If you have received defective watches on the first place and therefore you have send them back to the dealer for replacement , customs is not your issue. As long as you can provide a proove (sort of post office receipt) that you have send the watches , is the dealer that should worry about customs and not you.

.... of course if you have send the watches back simply because you didn't like them or you have changed your mind..... in this case, customs is your problem.

Dealers should pay more attendion when they send the watches out to the client.

Either they or their distributors should check carefully the watches before sending them (some dealers are playing a bit deaf on this).

A defective watch returned is a loose-loose situation for everybody.

I am personally fed up of getting (1 out of 3 or 4) defective watches and by no means I will assume custom risks when I send back a defective watch.

PS: very few dealers check their watches personally before they send them out.

There is something that I dont understand here.

If you have received defective watches on the first place and therefore you have send them back to the dealer for replacement , customs is not your issue. As long as you can provide a proove (sort of post office receipt) that you have send the watches , is the dealer that should worry about customs and not you.

.... of course if you have send the watches back simply because you didn't like them or you have changed your mind..... in this case, customs is your problem.

Dealers should pay more attendion when they send the watches out to the client.

Either they or their distributors should check carefully the watches before sending them (some dealers are playing a bit deaf on this).

A defective watch returned is a loose-loose situation for everybody.

I am personally fed up of getting (1 out of 3 or 4) defective watches and by no means I will assume custom risks when I send back a defective watch.

PS: very few dealers check their watches personally before they send them out.

I get your point. But I didn't receive defective watches, but they got problems after a few days. It's still in the garantee time and should not be my problem, but first of all it costs me 90 euro's to send the package out (f** rip off) and second, how long am I going to wait?? When am I going to tell my dealer i want new watches? I just would like to know what normal in China and what's not!!!

but they got problems after a few days.

It's the same. Watches are not meant to start malfunctioning (unless if mistreated) after few days ... not even after months.

Did you pay them with money that they fade away after few days ???

No !!!.    So why watches should start malfunctioning after few days. ???

I think we soon should start asking for refund for all posting expenses or isolate the dealers that start hav

ing tracking record of sending out defective watches.

They should learn one day or another.

PS: There are many members that suffer silently from the "defective watch send back syndrom"  and they do not post anything in to the dealers review section in order not to upset the dealers (a sad situation).

I am one of them   .... but not any more.

My watch not only had a defective movement but had gold coming off of the bracelet and blemishes and inconsistensies. It was just a decrepid piece of garbage to begin with. I sent pictures to my dealer, he said send it back...

What I cannot understand, and probably never will, is how somebody can have the nerve to put something clearly broken, both visually and mechanically, into an envelope alongside two other expensive watches for a repeat customer and find it ethical to send said package half way across the world. It's unnacceptable, and what's worse is that my dealer wants me to wait before he sends out a replacement. It's frustrating, condescending to myself as a regular buyer who constantly promotes his name on this and other message boards, and absolutely unfair.

Now I have lost not only my $228 watch, but shipping, as well...

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I think the Chinese customs are more likely to look into goods that is coming into China than going out (except illegal stuff, of course). Why? cuz Chinese Govt post heavy tax on almost all import goods. Especially luxury items like watches, wine, tobacco, high tech electronic...........So when a customs agent see your pkg and know there's a Rolex, Omega inside........you got the picture.

Yeah we all know they are damaged or defective but I'm sure the customs will hold on the pkg and inspect it carefully until they believe the conditions of the watches is exactly like you said. ( a replica, damaged & defective)

I don't know how often people need to send their watches back to China but I think if it is possible the seller should give us some customs friendly tips on how to send it back. After all they should know the customs better than us.

Anyway, I agree with some of you that the seller should inspect the products more carefully before they spend them oversea. Return any product half way around the world is not fun especially it is a replica.

Btw, I don't think the customs will take away the watches simply because it is a rep as they probably know they are "made in China" :p

good luck

I think the Chinese customs are more likely to look into goods that is coming into China than going out (except illegal stuff, of course). Why? cuz Chinese Govt post heavy tax on almost all import goods. Especially luxury items like watches, wine, tobacco, high tech electronic...........So when a customs agent see your pkg and know there's a Rolex, Omega inside........you got the picture.

Yeah we all know they are damaged or defective but I'm sure the customs will hold on the pkg and inspect it carefully until they believe the conditions of the watches is exactly like you said. ( a replica, damaged & defective)

I don't know how often people need to send their watches back to China but I think if it is possible the seller should give us some customs friendly tips on how to send it back. After all they should know the customs better than us.

Anyway, I agree with some of you that the seller should inspect the products more carefully before they spend them oversea. Return any product half way around the world is not fun especially it is a replica.

Btw, I don't think the customs will take away the watches simply because it is a rep as they probably know they are "made in China" :p

good luck

One thing I know for sure and that is that I will never send a watch back! :)

I will give it a bit more time to see how's it turn out....... I understand the frustration you have. Few years ago, a friend of mine send me a set of used wheels from Canada and they got hold by the US customs for few days. I believe they either just pick it up from random or they want to find a reason to tax me, anyway after lots of phone call, 3 trips to the airport and a few days later they release my wheels of no tax charge. I know they can't post any tax on it cuz they are USED.

Funny thing is I knew they only open one box to inspect and give it a go, why ? cuz I saw a hand print on one of the wheel which is full of brake dust :cc_detective:

btw, did u try to contact the vendor about the customs issue?

Just MHO

but I dont believe there is any such thing as Normal for Chinese customs

my experience has been that it depends a lot more on where in China something is coming from or going to that peaks the interests of Customs....my guess is that they are just really surprised that one of their fuggley Reps is coming back

more than likely they will record who its being sent to and send it on.....no hassles

Good Luck

I have a similar problem with my brand new 45mm PO, from day one the crown did not screw back. I could not wear the watch. At the end I sent it back to Andrew it cost me 28.00 dollars

I specifically asked Andrew before ordering the watch, make sure that everything is O.K. with the watch and that it has not problems. I guess they did not check the watch.

The watch got fixed and is on is way back to me.

I will not be buying anymore watches for a while I already have 5

Cheers

I have a watch at Guangzhou right now. It was posted on the 5th (tracking showed this quickly) but no movement in 4 days. I figure its either bad tracking or something to do with the Chinese New Year. I always hear about guys getting watches in less than a week, yet mine are always closer to a month! GRRRRRRRR

Last I heard of the watches I had to send back to china is that the had arrived in China. Im not sure if that is the same as delivered in USPS parlance though. Probably just sitting in customs. I hope they get back soon though. My fossil I had before I order these decided to break, so Im currently completely watchless. :( (Its been a bad watch month for me. Lost one, had the fossil run out of batteries AND break, another break, and one watch arrive the wrong model, and the other with a shattered crystal. )

I have a similar problem with my brand new 45mm PO, from day one the crown did not screw back. I could not wear the watch. At the end I sent it back to Andrew it cost me 28.00 dollars

Cheers

What's going on here ...... all the ultimate 2824 POs have crown problems ???

Got excatly the same problem, same story, watch went back.

What's going on here ...... all the ultimate 2824 POs have crown problems ???

Got excatly the same problem, same story, watch went back.

WHAT A BIG F** JOKE IS THIS!!!!

My package was finally given free, but the dealer had to pay 25$ tax for the package.

THE DEALER REFUSED!!!! I am not sure what's going to happen next!!!

If there is not going to be a good sollution I will tell on this forum who is the dealer.

But for now I will wait again.....

Maybe (and only maybe) had the dealer accepted the charge and package, he may have got himself into a whole lot of bother and therefore took the “safe” option.

You need to continue discussions with your dealer to try to resolve this.

Also 4 watches with faults is pretty bad luck. Was it 4 from 4 ordered?

JTB

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe (and only maybe) had the dealer accepted the charge and package, he may have got himself into a whole lot of bother and therefore took the “safe” option.

You need to continue discussions with your dealer to try to resolve this.

Also 4 watches with faults is pretty bad luck. Was it 4 from 4 ordered?

JTB

Well, I just lost all my watches!! 800$ down the drain!!!! ( It wasn't 4 from 4, but 2 from 2 chrono's though)

DHL wanted me to pay 125 euro to sent the package back to me, ppffff. No way, for broken watches!!

The chance that costums take it here in Holland is big, because on the package it says "broken watch" ( like my dealer requested).

I didn't want to pay another 125 euro's for broken watches so now I got an email that they will destroy the package!!!!

For sure some Chinese guy will take the watches home :)

I still can't make a solution that makes me a litlle bit happy with the dealer.

So it looks like I made my last order with HER!!

DHL wanted me to pay 125 euro to sent the package back to me, ppffff. No way, for broken watches!!

DHL???!!!???

You used a courier instead of the post? Sorry to hear about the seizure but if you use a courier, it's inevitable. They are empowered to open them up and tax them accordingly.

DHL???!!!???

You used a courier instead of the post? Sorry to hear about the seizure but if you use a courier, it's inevitable. They are empowered to open them up and tax them accordingly.

My dealer asked me to send with DHL !!!!!!!!!!! It was the best for her!!!!!

As a rookie you should be getting some good advise from the dealer.

But I'm starting to think she wanted the watches to be taken by costums so she didn't have to repear the 4 watches.