When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stage 1: Production Of Submariner Cases: Would Anyone Be Intrested?

FlipLockBuckle

I continue, and will keep believing, that Flip is having a good laugh at each and everyone of us with these posts that he dreams up...

From the person who brought you the $750 in crystals (for the want of a $50 press) that he tried to install with a hockey puck and block of wood, to finally getting it installed correctly with a Hammer and some epoxy and bathroom silicone (and of course encourageing everyone to try this), who a few weeks earlier took crystal clear pictures for us all, but for some reason couldn't get his camera to work this time around...

To the same individual who last week had a buddy who was going to replicated the genuine rolex movement, and now this week, were into 1:1 Rolex cases...

I for one, don't buy one minute of this BS, but maybe that's just the cynic in me...or not...

I can't wait for next weeks installement, should be interesting.

RG

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't pay attention to this topic when it was first posted (assuming this guy was up to more bullshitting), and now that i checked it out i'm surprised to see so many legitimate responses to this thread (by experienced members no less).

i'm also on team ziggy/pugwash/tjgladeraider on this one... :yawn:

If the final product really is an exact match with the gen Rolex Sub case, I would definitely purchase (at least) one. And if you can produce a second (larger) case to match a vintage Sea-Dweller, I would definitely purchase one of those as well.

Edit: I posted this before reading the entire thread (including Ziggy's background info on the original poster's history).

Edited by freddy333

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if anyone would be intrested in genuine-looking submariner aftermarket cases.

They have correct crownguards, they fit 29,5mm Crystals (295C), they have the correct rehaut,

the bezelcassembly is not the one you know from cheap aftermarket pieces, its just like the gen one.

The case fits gen rolex movements, as well as eta movements (with a special movement ring).

The tolerace is 0.0055 mm, that's a 1/200 of a milimeter ... so you can be sure that every case's gonna be absolutely perfect.

As i would have to pay the production costs on my own, i wanted to ask if there would be any intrest in those cases.

I think i would start with 50-100 pieces for the beginning, and i would give them away for something around 60-100 bucks.

(Note: This project is still in planning and did not start yet, so im not taking any orders...im just intrested in who'd be intrested :) )

Thank you

Danny

That sounds fantastic, but aren't you the guy who installs crystals with a hammer?

Edited by The Technician

HAHAAHAHHhhahhaa

when i first read the original post...i was like...I hope no one replies with interest considering this guy's previous posts.

But to have almost 3 pages of members interested.... do you all think its that easy to replicate one-to-one cases? you think that people who specialized in Replica goods won't be ALREADY doing this?

Please..next time you see FLIPLOCKBUCKLE post anything....just ignore it and move on to the next post. He hasn't posted anything contributive apart from his notorious guides on how to F*** up your watch.

I have now already placed him on ignore mode....no more seeing his post...ever again.

btw...good luck with the machining(lol)