When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stage 1: Production Of Submariner Cases: Would Anyone Be Intrested?

FlipLockBuckle

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if anyone would be intrested in genuine-looking submariner aftermarket cases.

They have correct crownguards, they fit 29,5mm Crystals (295C), they have the correct rehaut,

the bezelcassembly is not the one you know from cheap aftermarket pieces, its just like the gen one.

The case fits gen rolex movements, as well as eta movements (with a special movement ring).

The tolerace is 0.0055 mm, that's a 1/200 of a milimeter ... so you can be sure that every case's gonna be absolutely perfect.

As i would have to pay the production costs on my own, i wanted to ask if there would be any intrest in those cases.

I think i would start with 50-100 pieces for the beginning, and i would give them away for something around 60-100 bucks.

(Note: This project is still in planning and did not start yet, so im not taking any orders...im just intrested in who'd be intrested :) )

Thank you

Danny

Edited by FlipLockBuckle

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if anyone would be intrested in genuine-looking submariner aftermarket cases.

They have correct crownguards, they fit 29,5mm Crystals (295C), they have the correct rehaut,

the bezelcassembly is not the one you know from cheap aftermarket pieces, its just like the gen one.

The case fits gen rolex movements, as well as eta movements (with a special movement ring).

The tolerace is 0.0055 mm, that's a 1/200 of a milimeter ... so you can be sure that every case's gonna be absolutely perfect.

As i would have to pay the production costs on my own, i wanted to ask if there would be any intrest in those cases.

I think i would start with 50-100 pieces for the beginning, and i would give them away for something around 60-100 bucks.

(Note: This project is still in planning and did not start yet, so im not taking any orders...im just intrested in who'd be intrested :) )

Thank you

Danny

I'd be in for at least 2......if they are as you say.

I'm certainly in for something like this. You'd be able to fit a bevy of gen parts, dial, crown and tube, bezel insert, and w/ an ETA movt, it would be the next best thing to a gen Rolex. Since we can't find TW cases anymore, this would be the cat's meow! Keep us posted. I hope it works out.

Must be the new math...I hope the person doing the actual machining has better math skills...

Considering that a human hair is only 0.08 mm in diameter, I can't help but wonder where that figure came from. I would love to see the CNC machine that is going to do the work...especially when you consider that Rolex uses specialized CNC machines and needs 160 separate machining steps to make one case... producing an identical case, on your own, in a machine shop capable of incredible tolerances, and being able to sell them for under $100 each, wow, I am impressed...

Something smells fishy, if you start asking for deposits, I would be really worried at that point.

RG

The tolerace is 0.0055 mm, that's a 1/200 of a milimeter

1/200 = 0.005 ... where do you obtain a result of 0.0055? 0.055*200 = 1.1.

Something smells fishy, if you start asking for deposits, I would be really worried at that point.

Maybe he did a mistake when calculating, The Zigmeister?

Just curious, before taking orders, couldn't you get a sample or to of this soon-to-be create case? This way, members have a better idea if it fact this case is a true mirrro image of a sub case (also, you don't have the burden of refunding several deposits if this fails through)....

My 2 cents....

Must be the new math...I hope the person doing the actual machining has better math skills...

Considering that a human hair is only 0.08 mm in diameter, I can't help but wonder where that figure came from. I would love to see the CNC machine that is going to do the work...especially when you consider that Rolex uses specialized CNC machines and needs 160 separate machining steps to make one case... producing an identical case, on your own, in a machine shop capable of incredible tolerances, and being able to sell them for under $100 each, wow, I am impressed...

RG

vmena and I have discussed this issue before...

Aint that uh? ;)

When placing an order for a cnc job, you should specify a lot of issues, of course tolerances...

The more exact, the more expensive the project is...and at 0.01m...be ready to pay a kings ransom...well, no need such tolerance..

Think about how you are planning to duplicate that case..Are you going to digitalize your case?

Are you going to provide 2d technical drawings? the second option is more cheap bytheway..., but you need to have drawing skills, or have someone to do it.

I think that if you come to a cnc shop with the case in your hands they may get very [censored], and they will ask you a fortune to fund the design study and the process study....

Just curious, before taking orders, couldn't you get a sample or to of this soon-to-be create case? This way, members have a better idea if it fact this case is a true mirrro image of a sub case (also, you don't have the burden of refunding several deposits if this fails through)....

My 2 cents....

Hey,

Of course i will first take orders once I have all the cases finished, means i will pay the case production myself.

Means, once I will start taking orders the cases will be available so you can get a side by side comparison with the gen one (picture, video, whatever).

I'm surprized that there are that many who would want such a case.

That's nice to hear, I will try to start the production within one or two weeks, so we can soon move on to Stage 2.

Regards