When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Biggest Flaws on Reps: Winding Rotor Sound. Any ideas how to Mod this?

FlipLockBuckle

Hello,

No matter how good a rep looks, when you take it in your Hand you immediately can tell it's a rep because the ETA winding rotor is so much louder than the one on genuine watches.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this loud rotor sound? Maybe by applying a gen rotor to the ETA?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Danny

Well in this particular case i compared my perfectly modded 16610 rep to a 16610 gen with 31XX movement.

They look almost the same (small flaws can only be identified by a magnifying glass), but the rotor sound immediately exposes it as the rep, as you can hear the rotor winding ... the 31XX Rotor is absolutely silent.

Hello,

No matter how good a rep looks, when you take it in your Hand you immediately can tell it's a rep because the ETA winding rotor is so much louder than the one on genuine watches.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this loud rotor sound? Maybe by applying a gen rotor to the ETA?

Danny

Rule Number 1:

If you take a rep off your wrist and hand it to someone who ACTUALLY can tell the difference, it won't matter how many mods you have. You can be comfortable in knowing that it is unlikely you will run into someone who CAN actually tell the difference, however.

-Pete

Edited by LAWatchFan

Couldn't you just remove the movment? Then all you would have to do is glue the hands to the dial (remember to do this first!), then glue the dial to the inside of the case, and then glue the datewheel to the backside of the dial.

Just be sure to pick a time and date that you're most likely to wear the watch. If you tend to wear it most often at, say, 3:10 PM on the 25th, but you accidentally glue the hands to 3:30 on the 12th, boy you'd have pie on your face then!

Hmm, now that I think of it, that might limit when you can wear the watch. Maybe just glue the rotor so it can't spin?

:whistling:

SR

Just be sure to pick a time and date that you're most likely to wear the watch. If you tend to wear it most often at, say, 3:10 PM on the 25th, but you accidentally glue the hands to 3:30 on the 12th, boy you'd have pie on your face then!

Hmm, now that I think of it, that might limit when you can wear the watch. Maybe just glue the rotor so it can't spin?

:whistling:

SR

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest aclaimsman

Actually there are squirrels in there. The whirring noise you hear is them running circles inside the watch, the more you shake, the faster they run. :rolleyes:

Actually there are squirrels in there. The whirring noise you hear is them running circles inside the watch, the more you shake, the faster they run. :rolleyes:

My god I love all your replies guys

I spent the most hilarious 5 minutes of my day.

Thank you so much.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hello,

Danny

Its because, dear Danny boy, Rolex choose to use real butter for lubrication while our reps have to make do with margarine...

Hello,

Danny

I would recommend singing or shouting at the top of your voice whenever you are required to hand your rep over to someone. Not only will you negate any sounds the rotor makes, your apparent mental instability will make it difficult for the other person to concentrate on detecting rotor noise.