When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Boycott the Asian7750

2sweetau

The bottom line of this discussion, like so many similiar threads, is we all want better reps for our hard earned money we spend.

We want better movements.

We want better dial fonts.

We want better crown guards.

We want better date wheels.

I want my Pam's to arrive without striped out lugs !!! ARGH !!!

I want my Pam's to have the correct color lume !!! ARGH !!! ARGH !!!

I like to believe, true or not, that our forums helps to drive the manufacturers to produce better reps.

The demand for high quality reps; i.e. the money; has given us better products today compared to just a few years ago.

Manufacturers will not produce better reps without significant financial incentive.

I am sure more reliable Asian 7750's are in our future.

I am eagerly awaitng their arrival, (with cash in hand).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just assume that if I buy an Asian 7750 there is a real possibility that I will be swapping it out for Swiss.

Who can tell me how to do this? Can my local watchsmith help out or do I need to send the watch to The Zigmeister?

And what are expected costs (movement, replacement, etc)

All arguments present by members which believe that the A7750 is acceptable for sale are indeed selfish reasons and approches to the an obvious problem. its big.. no mistake about it... look at the responses and view on this subject, this topic opens wounds. Honesty in this biz is getting better as well as the watches but more could be done with this... but it take both sides to work together to getting a working product out for sale.

Members this movement is getting better but its not even close to acceptable for sale. we have had years of this crap and a stopage within the community would have got us over the final hurdel. i do not want my fellow new commers to get a false sense of hope with this movement as many of us recieved with all the advancements in various versions of the movement. i'll be honest in saying a "sit back" approch will be employed and will not touch any watch with this movement (after all chrono's are useless and hey i do not want to be a one of thoese members that are scared to use use it even after a service.. lol). Its my recommendation new commers should do the same ..... avoid the problem let others that are aware of the risks to continue to prop this problem and fund this movement and wait for it to be solved eventually... thus my boycott will continue but hope maybe the words of some memeber that are hurt by this movment have reached the dealers and maybe some good has come from this.

P.S much discussion has been made here by all and no more is needed as the people have spoken... lets enjoy the rest of the our "obsession" which is replica watches and get into other forums. there is far more sunshine then cloudy days :)

and thats my 2 cents

Kind regards

2sweetau

The bottom line of this discussion, like so many similiar threads, is we all want better reps for our hard earned money we spend.

We want better movements.

We want better dial fonts.

We want better crown guards.

We want better date wheels.

I want my Pam's to arrive without striped out lugs !!! ARGH !!!

I want my Pam's to have the correct color lume !!! ARGH !!! ARGH !!!

I like to believe, true or not, that our forums helps to drive the manufacturers to produce better reps.

The demand for high quality reps; i.e. the money; has given us better products today compared to just a few years ago.

Manufacturers will not produce better reps without significant financial incentive.

I am sure more reliable Asian 7750's are in our future.

I am eagerly awaitng their arrival, (with cash in hand).

Sounds to me like someone needs to start saving his "hard earnd money" so he can start buying Gen's....

@2sweetau.......you claim that the members have spoken.....that isn't the case......only a certain number of the members have spoken.......according to the numbers.....I've sold more 7750 chronos in a month.....than respondents either positive or negative in this topic.......if I were to count the number of 196 / Seamaster / PO / IWC / TAG / 187 / Breitling Navitimers / Super Avengers / .........etc etc..........not to mention myriad others.....and I can state quite categorically that of the hundreds I've sold....I've had only 1 maybe 2 that have shown fault......that may be down to customers not complaining...or rectifying the problem themselves......or just not complaining in general.......unless someone comes back to me and advises of a problem,.....I can only work on the assumption that there isn't one......!

If we take your side of the argument.......and we could organise a total.....we would find in that total....as I've said before....a number of people who are mechanically unsympathetic towards watches.....setting the date at the wrong time......pushing chrono buttons out of sequence........dropping watches.....knocking them against door frames......ad infinitum.......but I would certainly dispute on the basis of personal knowledge....having sold hundreds of them....not just somebody who owned a few......which I also do......that if there is a problem....it lies with the owner....not the factories.....nor suppliers.

As for your good self.....I have no idea of how your behaviour may affect your watches.....but it would seem that perhaps you are better restricting your purchases to a simpler mechanism......!

• 4 weeks later...
"Im sticking with chronoless auto movements or good hand wind moments and the replica fraternity need to do the same."

That's why I bought the non-chrono Link with the ETA 28XX movement. Better odds. Not as stunning as the chrono, but very nice, none-the-less.

Hi,

sorry for purists...don't forget quartz as an alternative. I have a TAG SLR Quartz (that does not exist as a gen), but what a nice watch, and no worry about servicing (look at my review in my siggy).

Why don't manufacturer think more about quartz when it comes to Chrono ?

Accuracy in replication ? Well... If the movement is hidden, I think it's worth investigating.

(...) what do you think will happen? Will they just stop making chronograph replicas altogether or will they start putting Quartz in the next gen of SuperReps?

Would you be against that ?

I know I'm still a noob, but I do love watches (more and more since I am wandering here)... And I would be ready to spend a bit more money (200-400 dollars) if I wasn't scared by the movement dying before it should. Maybe that's the reason why I only owe "cheap" reps...(except maybe the Overseas and the PP chrono with ST-19)

I would love to buy all these recent unaffordable beauties : but hell, something prevents me to do so, it's called 7750 :black_eye:

I've got 2 Daytonas, one with seconds at 6 (can't wind it and setting time is wierd, but it keeps good time and the chronos are really smooth) that has been bad from day 1. Probably send it to The Zigmeister when I get around to it. The other Daytona has seconds at 9, but seconds sub-dial at 6, works fine, just replaced crown with gen crown and tube (thanks again, The Zigmeister) Both watches are about a year and a half old. I figure I'm just lucky that they're still working at all. Nice looking future paperweights, I guess. I would probably buy another 7750, but with seconds at 9, and it oughta be a real good lookin' rep or have some other can't do without it quaility.

Watches I've owned with the Asian 7750 that had problems:

PAM188

PAM253 (more than one)

PAM212 (more than one)

Bentley GT

IWC Portuguese

New Chronomat Evolution "Perfect 1:1"

Breitling 44mm Avenger Titanium (older 7750)

PAM092 Arktos

PAM154

The most common problem is frozen subdials, second most common problem is frozen everything.

Watches I have with the Asian 7750, that have worked perfectly for over 1 year:

Bentley 49mm

PAM196

Breitling 44mm SS Avenger

Other watches with supposedly reliable movements that have died rather quick deaths:

Panerai 063 GMT with ETA movement

Breguet Classique 2824 ETA

Unfortunately I am a chrono-guy, but not only that...a lot of the very best reps are chrono watches. The HBB and BCE are probably two of the best available, and they require the 7750 movement. The Tag Link Chrono was one of the best watches of last year. The Omega SMP chrono, etc...

I've tried to focus more on non-chronos, even though I prefer chronos...just because of the movement issue. I've got the Ingy, which is a non-chrono that is very good, as well as the steelfish (don't have) and PO.

My understanding is that the 7750 is alright after servicing, and that's why for my favourite and most expensive watch, the HBB, I bought it serviced. Otherwise, I wouldn't invest in a 7750 watch I wasn't prepared to write off after a year.