When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

sorry to ask so many ? but...

ken

Just a point to remember, we are an illegal hobby yet we have come to the point where, as Chief states above, losing a watch is rare, still the moto of these boards is simple..................never spend money you can't afford to lose.

Ken

Why be scared of customs? The dealer holds responsibility for customs seizure in most cases. Make sure whoever you order from will replace the shipment if it gets confiscated.

I have bought over 100 watches in the last four years. The only time I had something seized it was leaving Taiwan. It didn't even make it to the US.

Why be scared of customs? The dealer holds responsibility for customs seizure in most cases. Make sure whoever you order from will replace the shipment if it gets confiscated.

I have bought over 100 watches in the last four years. The only time I had something seized it was leaving Taiwan. It didn't even make it to the US.

don't assume that. but be real nice and work with the dealers and they will normally take care of you.

-bm

Edited by bklm1234

yeah but i'm worried about the bad effects on us, the consumers if a watch gets seized. doesn't our name and address get entered into a database and every time we get a package or we go international, we get searched?

They have bigger fish to fry B)

wow really? so all we get if the watch gets seized is a letter? no long-term damage?

I've received such a letter, only "they" were asking for proof that the watch I was receiving was actually being returned to me as a repaired item. I was lucky as all I needed was a letter verifying that the watch was being returned to me as repaired. It could have been worse. "They" could have asked me for an original bill of sale or asked me why I didn't send the watch out under bond. If I couldn't prove otherwise, I would have been subject to tax and duty on the full value of a genuine watch... which was a lot more than the rep was worth. In hind sight, I should have walked away and not bothered with the letter as I could have risked some serious problems with the man. For what the watch is worth, I don't see messing with the man is a safe game.

My experience says 95% of the time no problem. But if I were ever to run into that situation again... is a $200 watch worth it? [censored], my lawyer bills $250/hour.

so they won't search every package afterwards that is sent to you, and they won't search you at customs every time you go international?

Like I said on TRC, you're possibly too paranoid for this hobby.

No-one on this site has ever reported this level of problems. Ever.

Just to clarify, no-one is ever going to tell you exactly what customs will and will not do in detail as customs officers can use google. The last thing people want to do is give them ideas, and this is why you'll see people gently skirting around the issues, hinting instead of giving absolutes.

I just ordered a rep from China and I was suprised to get an e-mail saying that I would be receiving a set of mini speakers. Remove the screws from the speaker and the watch would be inside. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great idea, but magnets and watches are not the best of friends!

Geez pug you had me a little concerned about the magnets but I received the watch today and they had taken everything out of the speakers. It's actually a pretty slick way to ship the watch. I must say the watch doesn't satisfy me 100% though...I'll post why in the Omega section.

Ken, Assuming your for real, I'd recommend you immediately go by a timex. Stop messin' around in the fast lane. Doesn't sound like your style.

Everyone here loves to live on the edge....take risks........mess with authority.

This is a randy bunch.

Be careful who you want to hang around with.