When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some of your opinions

jimmynugent

I was in the market for a seadweller but now i realize they are very noticeable flaws about it and now decided to go a sub. I have come to a decision of either Rivers Sub (tw made) or Josh sub (CN made?). It would be great to get input from owners of either or both watches to help me in making my decision.

Rivers - http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/riv...st%20Submarine/

Josh's - http://watchwindersworld.com/rlss10001-bla...362-p-1061.html

The prices diff is $70, josh's sub being cheaper.

Maybe Sash's Sub too?

Any input well be appreciated

Thank You

Welcome aboard!

River might be quitting, but who can say. The TW Best sub is great for the rehaut.

Josh's sub has good rehaut but the cyclops/date window are too far right.

Solution: Buy one TW Best from River

Buy Perfect Sub from Paul

Put Paul dial and movt in TW Best case

Install gen bezel insert

Install gen crown and tube

Put hollow link band on from Paul's watch

Trim crown guards to look like gen

Then you'll have a $600+ perfect rep!

Or you could buy Josh's Beginmariner for $108 and have a good time w/ the $500 you save. Hell, you might even get laid!

I was in the market for a seadweller but now i realize they are very noticeable flaws about it and now decided to go a sub. I have come to a decision of either Rivers Sub (tw made) or Josh sub (CN made?). It would be great to get input from owners of either or both watches to help me in making my decision.

Rivers - http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/riv...st%20Submarine/

Josh's - http://watchwindersworld.com/rlss10001-bla...362-p-1061.html

The prices diff is $70, josh's sub being cheaper.

Maybe Sash's Sub too?

Any input well be appreciated

Thank You

Hi there,

I can't see any difference from the photos so I can't see why one is more expensive than the other. Having said that, If you had them both in your hand, things might be very different. There is no possible right answer to your question. Sorry

Hi there,

I can't see any difference from the photos so I can't see why one is more expensive than the other. Having said that, If you had them both in your hand, things might be very different. There is no possible right answer to your question. Sorry

Sometimes photo don't do the justice.....I rather listen to the members who has experience with the actual products.

That's almost exactly what I did:

-bought River's TW Best which has a 2836 already, $250

-bought the Perfect sub dial from Paul for $8, no need to get the whole watch for the movement

-put Paul's dial in TW Best case

-installed gen bezel insert $105

-did not install gen crown and tube, the TW Best has a slightly oversized crown but it's a good looking crown

-put hollow link band from noobmariner (same watch as Paul's) which I bought new from a member for $30

-trimmed crown guards (do it myself)

additional mods:

- replace cyclop to a lower mag one

- superlume hands and dial

Total=$580+near-perfect rep

Welcome aboard!

River might be quitting, but who can say. The TW Best sub is great for the rehaut.

Install gen bezel insert

Or you could buy Josh's Beginmariner for $108 and have a good time w/ the $500 you save. Hell, you might even get laid!

Edited by bklm1234

Install gen bezel insert

I agree with Alligoat that the combo would be far greater than the sum of either set of parts.

And if you decide to go with the Beginmariner and want to get laid with the money you save, you might appreciate this--

This guy wants to get laid, so he goes to a brothel and knocks on the door. A small window in the door slides open to reveal a very sexy pair of female eyes. "Can I help you?" the woman asks. "Yes", the guy says, "I want to get [censored]ed". "Slide $20 under the door" the woman says. His libido already shifting into high gear, the guy takes out a $20 bill and slides it under the door. Nothing happens. So he knocks again and the little window opens to reveal the same pair of eyes. "Yes?" the woman asks. "Hi. I slid the $20 under the door like you asked, but nothing happened. I want to get [censored]ed" he responds. "Slide $20 under the door" the woman tells him. He takes out another $20 bill and slides it under the door. Nothing happens. Now, he is getting worried, but he is convinced that a world of unearthly delights awaits him behind the door and that his patience will be more than rewarded. "The woman must be preparing one of the girls......", he thinks to himself. A few minutes go by and still nothing. By now, he is mad, thinking that the woman must have forgotten about him. So he knocks again and the little window slides open to reveal the same sexy female eyes as the last two times. "Yes?" the woman asks. "I slipped two $20 bills under the door just like you asked. NOW I WANT TO GET [censored]ED!" he says. "What, again?"

Only comment I can make is that I bought River's latest TW SD and it bears no real resemblance the the TW's of old. I have dealt with River since the beginning and this is not a comment against him but more that the TW's are not the same grade they once were.