When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone talked to Joe Lately!

pennies

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this all make me a shill for Joe?
No, but it reveals you as another who is missing the whole point & intention of this intervention..

Confusing this as some sort of stoning, call for personal experience reviews... or threat to delivery of watches he

still maintains possession of..

I suspect however that you are in the minority, so won't waste any more of my time..

davethecat: On average 2 to 3 wks when he was healthy. Experienced the same delays as others when he was sick.

I should note that this is my first post here. I have used Joe as others have and my delays were minimal compaired to what others have had. When he was sick it took 6 wks or more. jasonb

No, but it reveals you as another who is missing the whole point & intention of this intervention..

Confusing this as some sort of stoning, call for personal experience reviews... or threat to delivery of watches he

still maintains possession of..

I suspect however that you are in the minority, so won't waste any more of my time..

TT: What am I missing here? Some have had bad dealings with Joe others (like myself) have not. At best this is a 50-50 rubbish shoot. You send your watch, pay your money and hope for the best. Isnt this like most of the dealings in the shadow world of reps? I have had other modders keep a watch longer than Joe ever did even when he was sick. What Im saying is that you might as well call up 1-800 wheres my watch when doing this kind of thing.

There are those who swear by Joe and others who swear at him. Just to clear this up. Would I ever send a watch to Joe or any other mod person to do work on again? NO NO NO. Once I done with it I will stay clear of reps in general. I went thru a phase where all the watches had to be as close to perfect as possible. Regret it but I did it. At the time Joe was about the only game in town.

Again my experience with Joe has been mostly good. Would I do it again? Not a chance. Postal problems, health issues, family matters, not to mention we are dealing in FAKES.

To the best on my knowledge I cant think of a mod guy that has not been taken to task somewhere along the line. Some find Joe to be abbrasive and uneducated. Dont know and dont care.

All my dealings with him be it on the phone or by email have been positive. The watches came when he said they would, the work was OK to my standards, and the price was what we settled on.

In the end in comes down to this. Send him your watch or dont. No matter who you send it to there is the potential for problems

no matter what. Be it Joe, Palp, or The Zigmeister they are all going to screw the pooch sometime. John.

Richard -- After our previous fracas I thought we had come to a gentleman's understanding and a degree of mutual respect -- I guess I was wrong :thumbdown:

I know your self-image as a "crusader of the rep watch world" provides much internal satisfaction and online bravado -- it is just too bad that your fervor at times outruns your goodsense and politeness. As I recall -- that was part of our earlier war of words.........

It seems to me that you and your cohorts on the ones offering blind assertations -- I simply provided my own impressions of my personal dealings with Joe. When a man's reputation is assailed by the mob mentality that prevails on this board at times -- sometimes people feel called to provide a counterpoint -- I knew I would be attacked for providing my personal experience ... oh well .... it is just an internet board :black_eye:

I enjoy the hobby but I am thinking my time here is also likey coming to a close -- I have sold all but a few of my reps (yes for all you conspiracy theorists I am still holding on to one MBW that Joe modded for me). My collection of genuines is keeping me more than occupied and the lack of personal drama and accusations on the purist boards is so refreshing.

I better get back to work -- one of my "supposed" clients is waiting. I think I will let him in on the "questionable" nature of my profession and see if he laughs :rolleyes:

I have used him, Palpatine and Ziggy. All of them have had wobbles of some sort.

The only wobble I can remember in our dealings was a delay in me receiving parts from Europe...a situation beyond my control.

No matter who you send it to there is the potential for problems no matter what. Be it Joe, Palp, or Ziggy they are all going to screw the pooch sometime. John.

Sorry, but I can't agree with that statement. I have never "screwed the pooch" on anyone, anytime. In fact, I have always gone beyond the required level of support with anyone who has delt with me. Sure I mess up just like we all do, but I always make the situation right to the satisfaction of the customer. Screwing the pooch would imply intentionally doing something wrong, or failing to correct a situation your aware of. That has never happened, and never will, everyone gets their watches sent back well before the apointed turn times, emails and PM's are answered within hours, I stand behind my work, and when things do go wrong, not once has a customer been out of pocket a dime for shipping to and from, or correcting a problem, I cover all the costs.

This is how I have been, and will continue to conduct myself. I have delt with many members here, and have made many friends, I have standards and adhear to them at all times, even with the work I did for you.

As for the rest of the conversations, I have no comment.

RG

Richard -- After our previous fracas I thought we had come to a gentleman's understanding and a degree of mutual respect -- I guess I was wrong :thumbdown:
Mutual respect would mean, to me, if not trust, at least an attempt at understanding,

when a subject that you know only as far as your wrist, was being revealed.

Regards to the rest of your post,.. I leave it up to your most exalted professional opinion to analyze your

own motivations for it, and your future in the game...

@azmindreader: If you and I did not have a problem with Joe "we dont get it". If we did have a problem with Joe "we are enlightened". You can cast your pearls or is it you can lead a horse to water? Oh well I dont get it.

@The Zigmeister: Please note the word POTENTIAL to make mistakes. Never had a problem with you either. Your work was always first rate and you kept me in the loop at all times. Now I know that you and Joe are not on the best of terms. Dont care either way. Joe did right by me and so did you. Never ment to imply that you ever ment to "screw the pooch" to anybody. But anyone can and will make a mistake over a given period of time. Remember if it moves it will hit something, if it runs it will stop in time. I know that you and Joe do not see eye to eye on much of anything. Again I dont care!!

I do know this. If I was to use you or any other person to do work on watches it would be only a matter of time until some part of it went off into a 8 ball corner pocket situation. The nature of the beast. Would I whine about it? Probably not. We would talk it over and it would be taken care of because that is the way you and I are.

As a side note: Am getting re-current on the B737 and B727. Now that they are going to raise the age to 65 old guys like myself are in demand again. Spain here I come. John.

@Ziggy: Please note the word POTENTIAL to make mistakes. Never had a problem with you either. Your work was always first rate and you kept me in the loop at all times. Now I know that you and Joe are not on the best of terms. Dont care either way. Joe did right by me and so did you. Never ment to imply that you ever ment to "screw the pooch" to anybody. But anyone can and will make a mistake over a given period of time. Remember if it moves it will hit something, if it runs it will stop in time. I know that you and Joe do not see eye to eye on much of anything. Again I dont care!!

I do know this. If I was to use you or any other person to do work on watches it would be only a matter of time until some part of it went off into a 8 ball corner pocket situation. The nature of the beast. Would I whine about it? Probably not. We would talk it over and it would be taken care of because that is the way you and I are.

As a side note: Am getting re-current on the B737 and B727. Now that they are going to raise the age to 65 old guys like myself are in demand again. Spain here I come. John.

The potential is always there, I agree, especially when it comes to reps. I have made lots of mistakes, and will make many more...as long as I learn from them, try and avoid repeating them, I'll consider it a success and a lesson.

Glad to hear your in the drivers seat again, wonderful news. I may also be moving on from the regulatory side of the fence to industry again, to do some training, in EU I believe...but that is a way down the road. Who knows, maybe our paths will cross sometime...

Stay well.

RG

I'm going to add my thoughts to this, as this is the 4th or 5th "Joe"-thread I've seen since the RWG2 started 1 year ago. You can all go ahead and post your personal experiences and there is no doubt that many members have had good experiences with Joe. But to be honest, I would not recommend anyone to send their watches to Joe, based on the many bad experiences posted, both of his work and the time it takes for him to finish his work and return watches. Even the time it takes for him to return watches without finishing work, when members request their watches back. What I find strange about this whole saga is that Joe seems to be communicating just fine with some members and not so good/not at all with others. His work varies from good to horrible and his return time seems to be anything from 1 week to a couple of years. Every time these threads appear, there is the same old "battle" between those who had good experiences and those who has bad experiences. It also seems that it is when these things surface in the public forums that Joe has the time to actually address these issues. Well, let me share something with you; the last time a "Joe"-thread appeared, I got contacted by several members who did not dare to post their experience with Joe. The reason was that he still had their watches. They had tried numerous times to e-mail him, PM him and even called him, but got nothing. Because of these reasons I would not recommend sending you watch to Joe. Even if he did wonderful work on all watches, it just no good when you don't get your watch back for several months.

@denisgold

I must say that I am a bit stubled about your activity in this thread and your defense of Joe, especially concidering what you wrote in a similar thread regarding another watch modifier, Finepics;

@ Markus-I agree that it is his right to do what he wishes. But when you fail to reply to emails from members who have sent both money and watches in good faith and then we see a solid history of purchases using the internet I have a problem. I believe he has had a bad run thus far in his personal life. But, to continue to ditch emails from members is wrong. Again, Mark please respond! We just ask to be treated fairly.

Interesting to see that the very same thing Joe did, is OK for Joe to do, but not for others. Joe has been "sick" many times, but in some way he managed to post ads to Ebay, but not reply to his clients. Bad form, if you ask me.

The point here is that if you send your watch to Joe is that you MIGHT risk not getting your watch back for several months and experience no communications at all. You might risk that Joe gets sick again! This has now happened several times and because of this I would not recommend any members to send their watches. But this is just my personal reflections on the threads I have read about this and the PM's/e-mails I have received from members. Any member is of course free to do their own research, read the threads about Joe and make up their own mind. I think we should maybe set up a new thread that members can post "anonymously" in about their experience, because there are so many members out there that won't post about it in the open forum. I think we might set up a thread where anybody can post, but the minute they post, the post is only visible for the admin staff here. Maybe this way we will finally be able to get a real picture of how big this problem really is.

@admin-I did not research the depth of problems that members had with Joe. I truly do not have the time to read through many posts. I value this forum for being able to offer personal views and experiences. This is what I thought I was doing when I mentioned my thoughts in this thread. I was and am unaware of any dealing that Joe has or had on ebay whilst he was sick. The only reason I mentioned Finepics was because it was brought to me by a member of this forum. Again, I wish no one ill feeling. I enjoy watches.

@admin-I did not research the depth of problems that members had with Joe. I truly do not have the time to read through many posts. I value this forum for being able to offer personal views and experiences. This is what I thought I was doing when I mentioned my thoughts in this thread. I was and am unaware of any dealing that Joe has or had on ebay whilst he was sick. The only reason I mentioned Finepics was because it was brought to me by a member of this forum. Again, I wish no one ill feeling. I enjoy watches.

No ill feelings here. I am just posting the facts as I see them ;)

Great suggestion,... from the boss !

What I did not want to happen in this thread was a muddying of the waters to where a busy person

would not be able to see the full potential risks of doing business with Joe.

I know the good,.. have seen his work posted and read the reviews for years, however whenever

the negative facts were revealed, a few, good intentioned though misdirected people, would take it

upon themselves to blur the lines..

That circle needed to be broken.. and I know that many understand why.

I think we might set up a thread where anybody can post, but the minute they post, the post is only visible for the admin staff here. Maybe this way we will finally be able to get a real picture of how big this problem really is.

YES

You are right Admin.

Many members do not want to post in public for several reasons.

So, the Admin team should at least be updated with what happens in the real life of the boards without getting tons of PMs.

There are so much nice persons here, but, unfortunately quite a few "strange people" too.

YES

Wow! If the Admin of this forum speaks out likes this it pretty much makes me convinced to stear way clear from him. JL

I'm going to add my thoughts to this, as this is the 4th or 5th "Joe"-thread I've seen since the RWG2 started 1 year ago. You can all go ahead and post your personal experiences and there is no doubt that many members have had good experiences with Joe. But to be honest, I would not recommend anyone to send their watches to Joe, based on the many bad experiences posted, both of his work and the time it takes for him to finish his work and return watches. Even the time it takes for him to return watches without finishing work, when members request their watches back. What I find strange about this whole saga is that Joe seems to be communicating just fine with some members and not so good/not at all with others. His work varies from good to horrible and his return time seems to be anything from 1 week to a couple of years. Every time these threads appear, there is the same old "battle" between those who had good experiences and those who has bad experiences. It also seems that it is when these things surface in the public forums that Joe has the time to actually address these issues. Well, let me share something with you; the last time a "Joe"-thread appeared, I got contacted by several members who did not dare to post their experience with Joe. The reason was that he still had their watches. They had tried numerous times to e-mail him, PM him and even called him, but got nothing. Because of these reasons I would not recommend sending you watch to Joe. Even if he did wonderful work on all watches, it just no good when you don't get your watch back for several months.

@denisgold

I must say that I am a bit stubled about your activity in this thread and your defense of Joe, especially concidering what you wrote in a similar thread regarding another watch modifier, Finepics;

Interesting to see that the very same thing Joe did, is OK for Joe to do, but not for others. Joe has been "sick" many times, but in some way he managed to post ads to Ebay, but not reply to his clients. Bad form, if you ask me.

The point here is that if you send your watch to Joe is that you MIGHT risk not getting your watch back for several months and experience no communications at all. You might risk that Joe gets sick again! This has now happened several times and because of this I would not recommend any members to send their watches. But this is just my personal reflections on the threads I have read about this and the PM's/e-mails I have received from members. Any member is of course free to do their own research, read the threads about Joe and make up their own mind. I think we should maybe set up a new thread that members can post "anonymously" in about their experience, because there are so many members out there that won't post about it in the open forum. I think we might set up a thread where anybody can post, but the minute they post, the post is only visible for the admin staff here. Maybe this way we will finally be able to get a real picture of how big this problem really is.

Edited by Guest

Wow! If the Admin of this forum speaks out likes this it pretty much makes me convinced to stear way clear from him. John Lemon

Ahh, young Grasshopper...

You have learned well...

Wax on - Wax off...

TT

No ill feelings here. I am just posting the facts as I see them ;)

this thread was about a guy that waited 45 days and u guys jump all over it everytime for no reason, but i see no facts , and u r basically saying your moderators r doing right by snide remarks to me and my customers, yet still no facts, i asked u to send me the people that have not gotten there watches back and or money , still no facts were given(yes i have been on a delay sometime because i was sick but mostly some were "SPECIAL PROJECT" i dont understand why u guys dont get it , some watches u cant just slap together and get them done over nite , so i dont understnad this whole forum, over at your other board and RWI we never see many threads other than The Zigmeister and i mixing it up from time to time (not in a while thank god) but for some strange reason over here only if u r on one side u r ok but if not u r powerless, so that is why and again i say i will not do any work for anyone over here ,so now there should be no more discussion and this thread is yet still going on with no facts

and to prove what? that this board is onesided once again

REAL FACTS: I have done nothing wrong and been proven guilty of being slow only when i get sick but yet get crucified over here for what facts "getting sick once or twice a year," oh well sry but if u had cancer like i did and your immune system was beat down like mine during treatments then maybe u all would not say so much for a couple of sick times a year , i have friends that get sicker longer than me , so i am pretty pleased with my health

AGAIN , I QUOTE all watches r not created equal, some r longer projects than most, yes if all i had to do is relume , or change a crown then life would be grand , but i actually create watches from other watches and make things work that most couldnt even comprehend, if u want facts, go see some pieces i have done , like pointy cgs gmt vintage , or 8mm brevet crown James bond vintage etc.. , none of u guys(watch modifiers ) couldnt touch that and i repeat u couldnt touch it , i would like to see u try if u want to take my challenge then see how much time and money it cost u

now u say i sold some stuff on ebay once again, what does that mean? ok i sold some stuff on ebay , yes while i was sick last year for a while, going back and forth trying to figure out what is wrong, i got bored and listed some things , whoopppeee, i dont know if u knew this but it is not hard or time consuming to punch on the key board and selll something on ebay , but it is a bit more tidious to work in depth on a time piece (beside the point i offered to send anyone that couldnt wait there watch back and they all said just get well first and then continue ) so your facts r not to factual imho

but beside the point , im done with the hypocrits with no substance on this board and one day u will see the truth , u say facts i say blind is what u all r

ive explained it all in my post under the off topic forum and again u still keep on at me , what kind of people r u?

to all my customers, thank u for your support over the years, and thanks for not buying into these so called facts, u know how to contact me if u need me, also keep i mind this thread has been going on for a week or more and look at the count of how many have read it , and see how many have existing problems with me , now ask yourself , if there were many dont u think u would be hearing from them and not from people , like [censored] trackey , andreww and people i have never done any work for , theres your facts (this is a bully forum and everyone but the clan knows it ) remember this over here if u ask a simple question, more than likely u will get laughed at and or talked down to , how many have that happened to , and more than likely it was one of these few guys that said it to u )

Later

joe