When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Freebie Friday

Yes... You read that right. Today, I have a freebie for you guys (but just one)...

Here we have a 40mm 6265 Daytona powered by the Asian Venus handwind movement. The watch runs, winds and seems to keep good time (though I have not monitored it for very long). It's good for parts (the Venus is a workhorse), or if you are not bothered by inaccuracy details and flaws, simply install a 20mm strap or Oyster bracelet and simply wear it as is :)

I rec'd this watch in a box of parts some time ago; I never did anything (or thought of it for that matter) with it since I first saw it until the other day while doing some Spring cleaning. Having a near accurate DW 6263, this watch just doesn't do anything for me... But maybe it will be useful to someone here.

242274-9488.jpg

242274-9489.jpg

Now... Here is how I will pick the recipient...

Interested individuals should PM me. The last one to PM and make my in-box hit 100% will receive the watch. I may have 5% of my storage used up (95% free), or I may have 98% of my storage consumed (2% free). I won't say either way ;) But the last entry to hit 100% will be the lucky recipient... I'll follow up around this afternoon to check status.

ONLY ONE PM PER INDIVIDUAL, PLEASE. If I see multiple PMs from someone, I will take you out of consideration.

Again... The watch is completely, 100% free, no strings attached. Heck... I will even pay shipping...

:)

All the best!

R

Hey gang...

Yes indeed, we have a lucky winner!

GhostfaceZX, I will be contacting you for your shipping info shortly :)

To all who participated- Thank you for helping to make this a fun mini-event! Wish I had a watch to give to each of you...

Perhaps I will be offering more freebs in the next few weeks in the same manner (please keep an eye out for these)... Some may be watches... Some may be cases or parts... Some may be accessories (I need to see what all I have). And, perhaps this can help inspire some other generous gestures from other members as well. While it's great to receive something, it's also great to give something as well.

Have a great weekend everyone... All the best...

R

Hey gang...

Yes indeed, we have a lucky winner!

GhostfaceZX, I will be contacting you for your shipping info shortly :)

To all who participated- Thank you for helping to make this a fun mini-event! Wish I had a watch to give to each of you...

Perhaps I will be offering more freebs in the next few weeks in the same manner (please keep an eye out for these)... Some may be watches... Some may be cases or parts... Some may be accessories (I need to see what all I have). And, perhaps this can help inspire some other generous gestures from other members as well. While it's great to receive something, it's also great to give something as well.

Have a great weekend everyone... All the best...

R

I, for one, have certainly been inspired. In the upcoming months (any time between now and the end of the year, I am going to be ordering several Daytonas, as I want the straps for other watch projects, and the Daytonas themselves will be surplus to requirement, so these will be 'up for grabs' at a later date. I might do an auction, a raffle, or maybe even just give them away to anyone interested. I've gained a hell of a lot from this community so far, and when able, I plan on giving something back in return.

Congrats to GhostfaceZX, and thansk to Ubi for making the competition available :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Congratulations GhostfaceZX and thank you very much Ubi for posting such a generous contest. You are an assest to this forum and with all the stuff that's been going on around here in the past few months, it's nice to get back to the way this forum should be, light and fun with all of us helping each other out