When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rambo Panerai

TeeJay

I agree.. the watch in THIS photo looks like the PVD 127. Domed crystal and polished gold hands.

The watch in THIS photo is almost definately a 202/A ;)

With regards the watch in the top photo, it does not appear to have the second sweep at 9, although I would agree with your comement about the crystal and hands... That said, I still think the lettering on the lower half of the dial, looks too wide to just read "1950". Perhaps Sly had the good folks at OP put together something new for him :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With regards the watch in the top photo, it does not appear to have the second sweep at 9, although I would agree with your comement about the crystal and hands... That said, I still think the lettering on the lower half of the dial, looks too wide to just read "1950". Perhaps Sly had the good folks at OP put together something new for him :)

I think it is impossible to see if there is a second sweep at the 9 since the fat hour hand goes over it and the quality of the photo is bad. The text could read 1950 because it is smaller than the text on the top which is probably the Luminor Panerai.

Personally I believe that 99% it is Bonati's 127 used for the promotional photos and then he wore the 202 to the shooting.

Anyway.. it really doesn't matter the first watch since he wore a 202/A in the movie anyway..

I think it is impossible to see if there is a second sweep at the 9 since the fat hour hand goes over it and the quality of the photo is bad. The text could read 1950 because it is smaller than the text on the top which is probably the Luminor Panerai.

Personally I believe that 99% it is Bonati's 127 used for the promotional photos and then he wore the 202 to the shooting.

Anyway.. it really doesn't matter the first watch since he wore a 202/A in the movie anyway..

That's true about the hour hand, but I think there would still be some sign of the second sweep (the markings, even if not the hand itself)

The text is to the width of the '5' and '7' markers, but "1950" is only half-way to those points.

Something which could suggest the same case as a 127, is that on the large photo, the crown guards have a light point on the side, which to me, looks more like light catching in the screw-hole, rather than light catching on the lever.

Given they build the Daylight for Sly, I'm wondering if this might indeed be a similar scenario, where it could be including things like the 127 case and hands, but with a 'base' dial. It could even have 'luminor' on the top half of the dial and 'Panerai' on the lower half of the dial. That could at least explain the width of the text.

Come on guys. There is no way that he s wearing a 147 on the first pic. He arms would have to be humungus to make the watch look that small.

Its the same watch, and the reflection looking like the crystal on the first pic, is just the bezel. Remember that the pvd coating on the gens is not as matte as on the davidsen reps we are used to.

id definetly say pam base pvd of some sort.

Vic, have you seen Cloverfield, yet? If so, what were your thoughts?

Snuck in my opinion in the Lord Rasta thread.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=390630

Didn't like it. And I WANTED to.

To make this less OT, I saw a man wearing a PAM in the cinema! I was in the concessions stand, and he was milling in the lobby. But clear as day, there was a Luminor PAM on possibly the famous Xa-Mas Vintage strap.

277674682_58066aab09_o.jpg

My heart raced so fast when I saw it. If I ever see a Fiddy, I think I'd faint. :)

saw the movie last night, i agree with V it is definitely a pan 202 a or a 44mm PVD pam with sweeping secs at nine. Saw some other cool watches the other mercs had, i think i also saw a traser or sth like a tritium military watch. I loved the scene when they synced them :)

My girl caught me staring at these guys wrists, she like sly's watch more though ! i got to buy a pvd pam now..

came to Hawaii years ago and worked out one day at World gym .... he is actually like 5 ft. 3 or 4 inches ... amazing what camera angles will do

You must really be tall because he is 5'9.

And, believe me, he is not 5'9" tall... Wide maybe, but not tall... I have been hitting golf balls at Wentworth by his side and he is relatively short. Nice guy, though.

He may have a thick arm but he is only 5 foot 4 inches. :lol:

LOL at the above posts. :lol:

So according to the above posts, in this picture either he's wearing 6-8 inch lifts or they are all around 5'4. Or perhaps confused69u is closest to the truth (which would mean Sly's wearing 2-3 inch lifts).

e94stalloneparty1fw5.jpg

OK Gentlemen,

From an inside source at Panerai. Stalone used 2 PAMs on the set. The prototype PVD 1950 (AKA Bonti's prototype PVD 1950). Of-course a 47mm. Sly wore this watch mostly for the promo shots and while directing and it also made it in a couple of scenes. However the PAM mostly worn during the shootings of the scenes was the Pre-V 5218 202-A (AKA the base PVD Marina Militare) which is of course a 44 mm.

By the way polished PVD does reflect. It is DSN's matte PVD that is the ultimitate stealth machine ;)

Carpe Diem

OK Gentlemen,

From an inside source at Panerai. Stalone used 2 PAMs on the set. The prototype PVD 1950 (AKA Bonti's prototype PVD 1950). Of-course a 47mm. Sly wore this watch mostly for the promo shots and while directing and it also made it in a couple of scenes. However the PAM mostly worn during the shootings of the scenes was the Pre-V 5218 202-A (AKA the base PVD Marina Militare) which is of course a 44 mm.

By the way polished PVD does reflect. It is DSN's matte PVD that is the ultimitate stealth machine ;)

Carpe Diem

See? V is always right on Panerai subject matters :p

• 2 weeks later...