When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist Check

By-Tor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nanuq, whenever I see your James Bond Sub I'm the guy sitting in dentist chair with the suction tube hanging on the side of my mouth -drooool drooool :lol: It's a lovely piece!

SWEEEEEEEEEEET! I love how that model has come along. I've given away 3 of them, the ones I received just didn't "do it" for me. But that one is nice. That is a magnificent GMT hand! :tu:

Me? I'm wearing my baby:

252974-7113.jpg

Really nice 024 Rolli. Do tell where it came from ^_^

the basic 24 from andrew (trustytime) with the correct a-serie caseback,

modification by my watchsmith: gen swiss made valjoux 7750,

palp crown,

new thick brushed version crown-guard with polished finish,

brushed bezel with polished finish,

result: pam24A-serie submersible,

here more pics.

cheers

rolli

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=25266

and the fraternal twins this weekend, boy all my reps are either in pieces or on a The Zigmeister vacation :lol:

253014-7088.jpg

TMG - I've got a Steel Marathon Navigator that I frankened 7+ years ago into a Type 1 with Bill's parts.

Is that watch I see a Marathon? It does not look like an MMT.

Here's a pic of my Homage Type 1:

253014-7089.jpg

Euno, you've got great taste my friend!

Yes it's a franken Marathon Type 1 that Bill put together for me a good 5-6 years ago, long before I discovered reps. -One of these days I'll see about having an ETA dropped in it and a taller domed crystal.

I guess I would be one of the 3 people that you mentioned in the 60's that would have opted for the Tropic strap on a sub :lol:

BTW, great strap on the Nautilus.

TMG - I've got a Steel Marathon Navigator that I frankened 7+ years ago into a Type 1 with Bill's parts.

Is that watch I see a Marathon? It does not look like an MMT.

Here's a pic of my Homage Type 1:

253044-7078.jpg

Nice Avitt! I'm not that much of a modern Panerai fan but I'm feeling the need for titanium and love the tobacco dial.

I only know that the weekend is starting out with this:

253045-7077.jpg

...who knows where it will go from there?

Guest avitt
Nice Avitt! I'm not that much of a modern Panerai fan but I'm feeling the need for titanium and love the tobacco dial.

I recommend that you give one a try, tmg. This is among my favorite casual watches, and is very comfortable to wear.

Euno, you've got great taste my friend!

Yes it's a franken Marathon Type 1 that Bill put together for me a good 5-6 years ago, long before I discovered reps. -One of these days I'll see about having an ETA dropped in it and a taller domed crystal.

I guess I would be one of the 3 people that you mentioned in the 60's that would have opted for the Tropic strap on a sub :lol:

BTW, great strap on the Nautilus.

TMG - I'd love to put in a mechanical ETA into the Marathon. I think that it might not be possible, somewhere I read about this (but I can't recall where). You never know though. I've wanted to do this for a long time (this includes a Benrus Type I+II styled crystal). I should've bought a Type I or II when they were still $400-$500. Those days are long over.

I've always wanted to make a Type 1 out of an old Black Navigator that I have, but now my composite Nav had turned into a collector's item (2000 issue).

Similar tastes, my friend!

PS. Glad that you are part of our very small Tropic 60s Sub club :)

Euno,

I haven't even asked around to see if an ETA can even be fitted in the Marathon, so that could indeed be the case.

Curiously what to you think about this, I've eyeballed it for a long time. Type 1 It's powered by an ETA and has the correct shaped case back.

Funny, I had a black Navigator as well but sold it a few years ago.

TMG - I'd love to put in a mechanical ETA into the Marathon. I think that it might not be possible, somewhere I read about this (but I can't recall where). You never know though. I've wanted to do this for a long time (this includes a Benrus Type I+II styled crystal). I should've bought a Type I or II when they were still $400-$500. Those days are long over.

I've always wanted to make a Type 1 out of an old Black Navigator that I have, but now my composite Nav had turned into a collector's item (2000 issue).

Similar tastes, my friend!

PS. Glad that you are part of our very small Tropic 60s Sub club :)

The "Rayrus" is a good watch (at least I have heard this). Ray makes some interesting items. I like the Ruhla and some of the inexpensive divers he has available. They make for nice beaters. His lume is of poor quality though.

I think that the mineral crystal was used because making an acrylic dome like the Type 1+2 was very difficult. I am not a fan of mineral, especially if it's on a so-called vintage military piece.

However, perhaps it could be modded ;)

Is it alright for ladies to play in this game? :winkiss: On the week-end I'll sport my favorite, a Gubelin "bras en air" platinum wonder. This delightful watch shows the Colossus of Rhodes in a relaxed, nee flaccid state until the button is held, when he raises his arms to show the time. It is most marvelous to watch. And when the hour reaches morning, other portions of the dial are likewise animated to demonstrate the (ahem) rising of the sun. I do so love that part.

253257-7028.jpg

Edited by Miss Understood

Something different today.

Seiko Kinetic is the first quartz watch powered by human movement. The process uses an oscillating weight that is rotated by the movement of your wrist: this movement is transformed into a magnetic charge, then into electricity, which is stored in a tiny capacitor or a rechargeable battery. A Power Reserve Indicator shows exactly how much energy you