When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO - 42mm

Feta1

I have been reading so many great things about the UPO 45mm it made me wonder if anyone has heard if they are going to release a 42mm version. I have a smaller wrist and I'm afraid the 45 might be too big. I have a Tag Chrono from Trusty (great watch btw) and I think that is 42 or 42.5 and I feel any bigger than that would look rediculous.. tho I could be wrong...

Should I just go for the 4th Gen with a rubber strap (that's the strap I'll get regardless of watch size)?

Me only concern is that I have read that the way the bracelet secures to the watch on the 4th generation is not very good... is that true???

Edited by Feta1

I first had a 42mm Planet Ocean, and thought the 45mm would look too big, but, I went into an AD and tried one on. It was larger than the Daytona I'd worn in, but, did not dwarf my wrist. Personally, I'd suggest trying on a 45mm Planet Ocean before deciding 100% on the 42mm version :)

Me only concern is that I have read that the way the bracelet secures to the watch on the 4th generation is not very good... is that true???

Having just bought, finally, an orange bezel Planet Ocean (42.5mm) which will require a strap change, I am also interested in knowing about this. The seller said that some members suggest a little WD40 on the springbar, because it can be very tough.

P.S.: HAHA. Now I am going to post on this Omega board all the time. And those of you who were breathing a sigh of relief that "Whew, she's only into Panerais so far", will now have to be afraid, be very afraid! I'll probably be PMing By-Tor daily with tips. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The diver's extension on the bracelet on my 42 PO didn't close well and in general I find the bracelet a little uncomfortable. I switched to Hadley Roma with orange accents or rubber with orange accents or orange carbon (all through global watch band), which looks really cool. I think the watch just looks better on a strap. As someone else mentioned, on a strap the orange bezel just pops out contrasting the nice black dial. My PO gets 80% wrist time.

The bezel insert is now a bit scratched up so I'm considering ordering a new insert in both black and orange from trusty and switching out from time to time. Mine is waterproof as well.

and

I have been meaning to go to an AD and try the 45 to see if it's too big.

The diver's extension on the bracelet on my 42 PO didn't close well and in general I find the bracelet a little uncomfortable. I switched to Hadley Roma with orange accents or rubber with orange accents or orange carbon (all through global watch band), which looks really cool. I think the watch just looks better on a strap. As someone else mentioned, on a strap the orange bezel just pops out contrasting the nice black dial. My PO gets 80% wrist time.

The bezel insert is now a bit scratched up so I'm considering ordering a new insert in both black and orange from trusty and switching out from time to time. Mine is waterproof as well.

and

I have been meaning to go to an AD and try the 45 to see if it's too big.

No question about it---black leather band (calf-very soft) much more comfortable and looks a helluva lot better. Deployent clasp a good addition. Same can be said for the 45mm PO.

Get the 45. It wears smaller than you think.

Does anyone know if you can get this strap for a 4th Gen Orange PO (42mm) and if so where??? I have only seen it for the 45mm version... Thanks!!

Edited by Feta1

Does anyone know if you can get this strap for a 4th Gen Orange PO (42mm) and if so where??? I have only seen it for the 45mm version... Thanks!!

I'm hoping someone can answer this. I email Josh and asked him if I could get the strap I wanted (see above) for a 4th Gen PO and here was his response:

Hi,

The 42mm watch with leather is made in

1. bad quality leather strap

2. Wrong leather of strap .. It is very difficult to wear comfortably.. the clasp ends up on the side of the hand..

I also emailed Silix but he said he had one that would fit. I then circled back and looked at the UPO and noticed one of the features is "Correct Lug Width 22mm"

So my questions is... is the lung width on the 4th Gen PO messed up or something... or should it be able to take 20mm straps???

I really want the Orange 4th gen PO with the black strap and orange stiching!!!

I really want the Orange 4th gen PO with the black strap and orange stiching!!!

the 42mm PO takes a 20mm strap. the 45mm UPO takes a 22mm one.

you can get a 22 hadley roma one from the link i posted in the other thread.

i don't think any dealer does the UPO leather strap in 20mm width

i obviously meant you can get a 20mm one from the link i posted.

the 42mm PO takes a 20mm strap. the 45mm UPO takes a 22mm one.

you can get a 20 hadley roma one from the link i posted in the other thread.

i don't think any dealer does the UPO leather strap in 20mm width

Not a good match. Color of stitching clashes with orange insert. Check out Strappedfortime--I believe there is a black strap with orange stitching---better fit but not perfect. Good luck!

Having just bought, finally, an orange bezel Planet Ocean (42.5mm) which will require a strap change, I am also interested in knowing about this. The seller said that some members suggest a little WD40 on the springbar, because it can be very tough.

P.S.: HAHA. Now I am going to post on this Omega board all the time. And those of you who were breathing a sigh of relief that "Whew, she's only into Panerais so far", will now have to be afraid, be very afraid! I'll probably be PMing By-Tor daily with tips. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The bracelet attatches just like the Planet Ocean Big Size, or the SMPs or a Rolex... Spring pins which are accessable through notches in the end links. If you have the correct tool (a 1.5mm screwdriver will do) removing the bracelet is not at all difficult. As mentioned, the 42mm PO has 20mm lugs, and the 45mm PO should have 22mm lugs (although some earlier generations of the 45 did have 20mm lugs. I have one myself)

Hope that's of help :)

I have been reading so many great things about the UPO 45mm it made me wonder if anyone has heard if they are going to release a 42mm version. I have a smaller wrist and I'm afraid the 45 might be too big. I have a Tag Chrono from Trusty (great watch btw) and I think that is 42 or 42.5 and I feel any bigger than that would look rediculous.. tho I could be wrong...

Should I just go for the 4th Gen with a rubber strap (that's the strap I'll get regardless of watch size)?

Ended up going with a 4th Gen orange PO from Josh... LOVE IT... LOVE IT!!!! I will try and post some pics tomorrow. My only question is that I want to get it nice and shinny... will a cape cod cloth work??? Can all the links be polished with it or just the mid links??? Can the case (sides and back) be polished too???

Is the 42mm going to be too big for my wrist? I have a 6.25" wrist. I really love the look of it, but I'm worried that it would be just too big.

Let me know what you guys think.

It'll be fine - you'll like it. :D

Ended up going with a 4th Gen orange PO from Josh... LOVE IT... LOVE IT!!!! I will try and post some pics tomorrow. My only question is that I want to get it nice and shinny... will a cape cod cloth work??? Can all the links be polished with it or just the mid links??? Can the case (sides and back) be polished too???

Yikes! You want to polish up the whole watch?!?!?! Sounds like you'll ruin it trying that.

not rly a watch shot, but the UPO is on the background..

292578-4323.jpg

i gotta take more shots of my UPO now that my digicam is back working again .. haven't really taken any shots since my cam was decomissioned when i first got the watch :thumbdown:

UPO black bezel orange numerals on a sexy chocolate brown DeBeer Baby Crocodile strap :thumbsupsmileyanim:

(I originally ordered the UPO with the black calf leather with orange stitching but switched it replicating the genuine more.. black bez-orange number-chocolate brown croc strap = sexy

:bicycle: