When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got me one of them Omegas today...

ubiquitous

Since I'm not certain if a good rep of the vintage Sea-Master will ever materialize, I gave in today and bought a genuine 165.024 vintage circa 1967. I've been looking off and on for the past month and a half or so, and happened to locate one that was local. After negotiating a bit, the seller and I came to an agreement on price, and made plans to meet today to swap cash for merchandise.

The watch is all original except for the bracelet. It's got some wabi to it, but it just adds to the character. The bezel is split in two locations- '15' and '35', and the tritium on the bezel is spent, but that's to be expected I suppose. The bracelet is genuine Omega; it's just not original to this watch. I've been timing it against my MBW 1665 (Omega on my left wrist, MBW on the right), and it's been keeping excellent time!

Between this watch and my new davidsen PVD, my MBW is going to have some competition in getting some wrist time!

39084-38484.jpg

Look closely there at the crystal- Can you spot the signed Omega horseshoe in the center?

39084-38485.jpg

39084-38486.jpg

39084-38487.jpg

39084-38488.jpg

39084-38489.jpg

39084-38490.jpg

Thanks for looking!

WOW! Terrific vintage Seamaster, Randy! :wub: One of my faves!

I have looked at these for many months but finding an all original example in excellent shape is not an easy thing to do. There are way too many frankens (or at least redials) out there to purchase online with confidence. You were fortunate to locate an excellent piece locally that you could comfortably check out.

Congratulations on a beautiful new addition to the collection plus a darn good investment. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I'm sure the MBW will get its wrist time but probably not for the next several weeks.

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

Very very nice find Randy, would you mind giving us a ballpark figure on what one of these would set us back...........I've been looking at little brother Sieko :wounded1:

Ken

Thanks, everyone for the kind words! I've been admiring this beauty throughout the day, and I'm glad I picked it up!

I have looked at these for many months but finding an all original example in excellent shape is not an easy thing to do. There are way too many frankens (or at least redials) out there to purchase online with confidence. You were fortunate to locate an excellent piece locally that you could comfortably check out.

Indeed- I had been finding a lot of frankens with most of the tell-tale signs (stubbies, hands, pointy 'A's, CERTIFED, etc). When this one came up, I couldn't believe it. When I discovered that the watch was an hour and a half away from me, it became a no-brainer :lol:

Very very nice find Randy, would you mind giving us a ballpark figure on what one of these would set us back.

Hmmmm... My observed ball park figues seem to be $900.00 to $3000.00 US, depending on condition, originality, etc. The frankensteins seem to fetch around $500 to $700 (from what I've seen)...

could you post a wristshot?

Wrist shots and a couple of comparison shots-

39126-38477.jpg

39126-38478.jpg

39126-38479.jpg

39126-38480.jpg

39126-38481.jpg

39126-38482.jpg

Cheers!

R

That's a killer watch Randy... and probably a great investment. The prices of the SM 300 have skyrocketed.

Congratulations, it's a beauty.

Thanks, gang! Much appreciated!

:lol:

I'm currently considering giving the watch a little clean up with a new dial, hands and bezel. I'd keep the original parts, tucked away nice and safe, but I'm a bit on the fence with this one since the watch is currently all original (except the bracelet). Guess I have some time to think about it...

it is a beauty!

vintage watches are really great looking, especially knowing all the history that is behind them!

i have a PATEK PHILIPPE from 1930 cca. not sure because i have no papers of it since it was my grandfathers watch...but it is one great watch!

wear it well!

Congrats on a spectacular watch!

I'm currently considering giving the watch a little clean up with a new dial, hands and bezel.

That would be a shame imho. It`s original as you say, i would keep it that way.

Thanks, gang. I would really prefer to keep the watch as is, but I'm concerned a bit about the tritium on the hands; I don't want any of the material to crumble and fall into the movement (the hour hand's tritium has a crack in it). So, that would be the reason why I'd change the hands out; the dial and bezel would be exchanged to match. None the less, I'd keep the original parts stashed away to keep the package complete. I've no intention on ever parting with my new Omega, but it's always nice to know that the watch has it's original parts :)

Anyhow... A quick pic of my diving trio- Soon to be changed any day now...

42364-37906.jpg

;)

Thanks, gang. I would really prefer to keep the watch as is, but I'm concerned a bit about the tritium on the hands; I don't want any of the material to crumble and fall into the movement (the hour hand's tritium has a crack in it). So, that would be the reason why I'd change the hands out; the dial and bezel would be exchanged to match. None the less, I'd keep the original parts stashed away to keep the package complete. I've no intention on ever parting with my new Omega, but it's always nice to know that the watch has it's original parts :)

Anyhow... A quick pic of my diving trio- Soon to be changed any day now...

42369-37905.jpg

;)

this is a beautiful trio...compliments again on the omega...it is a beauty!