When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wristcheck ------ Ready, Steady, Go

rolli

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one, my brothers Tag Heuer Link:

289292-6416.jpg

but only on its way to watchsmith. This beauty assian 7750 arrived from Silix yesterday DOA. It runs few minutes then stopps, the date window cannot be adjusted and set, also the 6 subdial doesnt work at all. And on the other hand chrono funs nice and resets perfectly. I quess it can be fixed cheaper than sending the watch back to silix :evil: anyway its still a pain in a ass that 280usd shipped watch comes in this condition.

Then i will usuall come with one of my pams as i landed my PO to a friend of mine

289292-6417.jpg

Cheers,

No Fresh wrist shot, but I've got the 2220.80 on, with no plans to taking it off till my other Omegas get back from the watchsmiths. I had my sordid 'encounter' with the VC Overseas, but saw the error of my ways, and went back to the Old Faithfull :happy:

Right now, wearing this UPO, but I should put it back in the travel pouch as the crown doesn't screws down anymore.

Did I read threads about this bloody crowns ? :angry:

I need to fix that asap.

But still a wonderful sensation when on the wrist :1a::D

289322-6382.jpg

289322-6383.jpg

Cheers

Stephane

Great UPO shots Stephane. Looks like you were unlucky with the crown... it's very typical problem with the UPO. :(

I wound up this for today:

289326-6379.jpg

289326-6380.jpg

FRIDAY

My new fantasy HBB in yellow gold/black, with non-working chronos, and faux subdials, minus the 6-o'clock 24-hour dial. I got it from Paul in the same order as the crapola PAM 199 (he's ignoring my emails asking for redress, so if you want this, do it at your own risk -- I mean, more than usual).

289365-6342.jpg

HBB in YG/black Close-up:

Let me tell you, it looks great. It doesn't have real ceramic, and the gold may look a bit dodgy very up-close, but within hours of putting it on, I've had two compliments at Starbucks and from one of my neighbours. I'm still a Pannie girl, though!

289365-6343.jpg

SATURDAY

Going to watch The Simpsons wearing my beloved PAM 111h (Andrew) with brand-new custom-made croc strap, bought from Rolli. DOH!

289365-6344.jpg

SUNDAY

Have a formal do on Sunday, so might as well go with the authentic-looking Cartier Tankissime from Josh.

289365-6345.jpg

P.S.: One more week of red nails, then I'll switch to French, Pix. :kissing:

FRIDAY

My new fantasy HBB in yellow gold/black, with non-working chronos, and faux subdials, minus the 6-o'clock 24-hour dial. I got it from Paul in the same order as the crapola PAM 199 (he's ignoring my emails asking for redress, so if you want this, do it at your own risk -- I mean, more than usual).

Let me tell you, it looks great. It doesn't have real ceramic, and the gold may look a bit dodgy very up-close, but within hours of putting it on, I've had two compliments at Starbucks and from one of my neighbours. I'm still a Pannie girl, though!

that's the Big Bang effect, it's entirely enthralling and people just can't help themselves! ^^

LOL@non-working chronos and faux subdials... DAMN , total tell! :p

still... HBB :thumbsupsmileyanim:

-gettins jealous and impatient cuz his HBB ain't here yet- :wounded1:

that's the Big Bang effect, it's entirely enthralling and people just can't help themselves! ^^

The Panerai marque watch grows on you. I've never seen a watch which people SO dislike in the beginning, and tell themselves, never never for me -- and then slowly, like a lover, they cave in and buy one.

The Hublot is different. It's the kind of hootchie mama watch you know going in, is attractive and will call attention to you because it's so BIG, so dramatic.

The effect is similar: suddenly, you MUST have an Hublot Big Bang!!

But once you do, then what? No straps, nothing. One day, I'm going to buy a real Panerai. Maybe two. I don't think I'll be buying a Big Bang. That's the difference.

LOL@non-working chronos and faux subdials... DAMN , total tell! :p

CAVEAT EMPTOR! ;)

Besides, most people can't tell anyway, as most people know. One thing though. I would wear even my worst Panerai watch with head held high in Worth Avenue. I would NEVER wear this even to the loo, there. Even using my mother's "trick".

still... HBB :thumbsupsmileyanim:

-gettins jealous and impatient cuz his HBB ain't here yet- :wounded1:

From Paul?? Good luck...

Seriously, though, it's the best version I could find (did you see the correctly-placed date, and Hublot-type screws?), and was a steal at $119, no shipping.

But at this moment, mes amis, I cannot recommend Paul anymore. He's a more than usually bad drop-shipper, than the rest.

(EDIT 6 AM EDT 28 July: 4 days later after emailing him with the problem, asking for some kind of action/response, he emails back a vague statement of "let me check, will reply later too". Sigh. Okay, at least it's progress and better than the silent treatment. I never want to be unfair to anyone, but really, I was at my wit's end with him. Sorry about that)

The Panerai marque watch grows on you. I've never seen a watch which people SO dislike in the beginning, and tell themselves, never never for me -- and then slowly, like a lover, they cave in and buy one.

I've got to disagree there... Even before I shipped my 111 back for having virtually no power reserve, I just couldn't get to grips with it. I'd certainly come to appreciate the Panerai line more than I used to, and that was why I thought I'd get one for myself. However, like with the VC Overseas, it didn't really 'touch me'. I think ultimately, the kind of watches I most like the look of, and most enjoy wearing, are Diver's Style watches, and am just too much a creature of habit to go with something too different...

Still awesome watches, just not my cup of tea...

From Paul?? Good luck...

Seriously, though, it's the best version I could find (did you see the correctly-placed date, and Hublot-type screws?), and was a steal at $119, no shipping.

But at this moment, mes amis, I cannot recommend Paul anymore. He's a more than usually bad drop-shipper, than the rest.

nah, from one of the best dealers around although lately he's been pretty silent.. (probably because he has so many projects going on)

but I'll post it once I get it which should be hopefully soon :bicycle:

nah, from one of the best dealers around although lately he's been pretty silent.. (probably because he has so many projects going on)

but I'll post it once I get it which should be hopefully soon :bicycle:

who would that dealer be? how long have you been waiting tom? im starting to get anxious to see when you get it. :whistling:

I'm a little put out with reps at the moment. Two unresolved problems with rep dealers that have been going on for way too long. I'll be wearing my first "big" watch. A Chase Durer Bomber Command Chronograph with the green carbon fiber dial. It's as big and heavy as a 4th gen PO.

289548-6211.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

Then for sunday I'l go with the 005

289666-6160.jpg

I've seen many PAM/strap combos in wrist-check threads so far, but this was THE BEST.

An 005, and a strap the colour of light buttercup yellow mixed with chantilly creme. Just perfect. May I ask you, b16a2, where you got either item? PM if you'd like. :)

Other faves pictured today:

@m4rcus: If that's Trusty's Repgeek special one, it's a bargain. Looks awesome.

@robertk: All 3 watches pictured. You're fast becoming one of those members I mentioned in that thread, whose taste I admire.

@evildee: That Fiddy looks great on you, not ridiculous! Lose your nerdy chums though.

@TeeJay: Ahh well, there's always an exception. ;) P.S.: Been trying to PM you, but your Inbox is full. Psst, check out my Pens in Pics post all the way down. You may be amused.