When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ubi's birthday

offshore

Ubi, happy birthday!

Seems you have the same birthday as ms VBarrett :)

Happy Birthday, fellow Leo!! :stupid:

FAMOUS EVENTS WHICH OCCURED ON 7 AUGUST:

August 7, 1994 1st telephone link between Israel and Jordan

August 7, 1992 Cleveland Indians turn a triple play (whoa)

August 7, 1970 1st computer chess tournament

August 7, 1963 Jacqueline Kennedy becomes 1st, 1st lady to give birth since Mrs. Cleveland

August 7, 1961 Soviet premier Khrushchev predicts U.S.S.R. economy will surpass U.S. (LOL)

August 7, 1956 Boston Red Sox fine Ted Williams $5,000 for spitting at Boston fans (sue me, I still love him)

August 7, 1954 Charles Mahoney becomes 1st U.S. black to serve as a full United Nations delegate (not Ralph Bunche?)

August 7, 1948 1st Dutch government of Beel resigns (I remember it as if it were yesterday! We ate Edam for lunch)

August 7, 1942 1st American offensive in Pacific in WW2, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands

August 7, 1940 Churchill recognizes De Gaulle government in exile (heh)

August 7, 1940 Largest amount paid for a stamp ($45,000 for 1 cent 1856 British Guiana) (Pretty sure that was King Carol II of Romania, by the way)

August 7, 1914 Lord Kitchner says "Your country needs you," poster spreads over UK

August 7, 1820 1st potatoes planted in Hawaii (a russett-letter day)

August 7, 1802 Napoleon orders re-instatement of slavery on St. Domingue (Haiti) (Nice, Bonnie...)

August 7, 1782 George Washington creates Order of Purple Heart

August 7, 1620 Battle at Ponts-the-Ce, Poitou: French king Louis XIII beats his mother Marie de Medici (LOL!)

August 7, 1588 English assault on Spanish Armada (WOO!)

August 7, 936 Otto I the Great becomes King of Germany

...slow day.

Wow, oh wow... First, let me start by apologizing. Things here have been incredibly busy over the last few weeks, and I haven't had much time to log in and visit (last night was the first time I had logged in in quite a while, and I was having trouble accessing posts with the dreaded 'IPS Driver' errors).

Thank you all for the very warm wishes and kind words! As always, they are very much appreciated! Happy belated birthday to Miss Barrett as well :) I hope this special day has treated you well!

I would also like to say that I have missed my friends here very much... A day without RWG is like a day without sunshine. I hope to be visiting a little more frequently in the next few days...

All the best and thank you all once again!

Kindest regards,

R