When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mid week wrist check

Stephane

WOW, Stephane, what a first pic! To paraphrase Groucho Marx, if you got any closer, you'd be in back of it. :o

WEDNESDAY

The old lady over here will be sporting her new PAM 076 "Black Seal" with PAV 99 strap (<--correction!).

295300-2238.jpg

Got it in the member trade area from VDBroucke, and I love it. Check out that maiale detail!

295300-2239.jpg

THURSDAY

Since I'm getting the Davidsen Fiddy, I might as well get as much use out of TWP's lovely 217H as I can. Here it is chillaxin'.

295300-2240.jpg

My third favourite strap after V's Greek hide, and the PAV 91. Mario Paci's Special Edition cognac, byooteeful...

295300-2241.jpg

I realised I'd need a chronograph today and this one hasn't seen enough love recently so it was an easy choice. Oddly enough, it's been so long since I've worn it, I needed to shrink the bracelet a half-link down. Amazing what no longer having paid access to a French canteen at lunchtimes does to your weight. :D

295360-2195.jpg

295360-2196.jpg

295360-2197.jpg

Monsieur Stephane, enjoy your new acquisition!

But this addiction is getting very serious now. How many reps do you own??? :whistling:

I have a little secret ;)

Two years ago I cut my cigarette consumption by 50%

I was saving to get my self a genuine 16610...then I found reps on the net, worse, then I found RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So, the entire saving dedicated to the genuine 16610 is now converted into reps.

The other secret is that I have all the ones I trully desired now

As I am not into trendy/new watches, I will continue to collect vintage Rolexes and get some nice others of course.

But based on the saving from cigarettes only (I have a spreadsheet that indicates if I'm over or fine in the budget).

Cheers

Stephane

I have a little secret ;)

Two years ago I cut my cigarette consumption by 50%

I was saving to get my self a genuine 16610...then I found reps on the net, worse, then I found RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So, the entire saving dedicated to the genuine 16610 is now converted into reps.

The other secret is that I have all the ones I trully desired now

As I am not into trendy/new watches, I will continue to collect vintage Rolexes and get some nice others of course.

But based on the saving from cigarettes only (I have a spreadsheet that indicates if I'm over or fine in the budget).

Cheers

Stephane

That's inspiring. So if I'd cut my liquor expenses with 50% .... :whistling:

Nah, hahahaha

Happy saving and enjoy your collection :1a:

295579-2062.jpg

:serenade:

@Pix: Thank you! Not quite a French manicure, because the nails on my right hand are too small (guess why? Changing straps, and caring for my new watches!).

@Stephane: At least you quit by 50%. You'll do it in your own time. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@Everyone: Have you noticed how almost everyone today is wearing a little-used watch? Very nice guys!

This ol' hunk of steel...

Circa 1968 or 1969, caseback marked III 68 (if I recall correctly - it's been a long time since I've cracked her open).

One day I will update the Twinlock to Triplock due to an itty bitty breach (tube is worn). I'm lazy with this one, which is very very stupid.

I promise I will get around to it sooner than later.

In any event, she's all original aside from the insert, which NOS. I have the original insert and would never part with it.

Oh, and this is the 26J iteration of caliber 1520.

295737-1948.jpg

295737-1949.jpg

doesnt look like the beach to me :lol:

You've obviously never been to Scotland, Stephane! :lol:

Hey Euno, thanks for making a wonderful return to the Wristies. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And guys, come on now! This is a great thread idea, and used to have pages full of wrist-checks. We have only 2!! Even Repgeeks has double that!

Here is motivation for you, in honour of Puggy's beach shot, here is one of me in my new bikini!

296202-1629.jpg