When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian SFSO...why bother with ETA?

Spoooooonz

Am I right in assuming that the casework, bracelet and dial on the much cheaper asian version are the same as on the ETA? In essence a sapphire crystal with AR coating and ETA movement add $200 to the price. If that is the case the asian version seems like a much better deal.

I agree and have just ordered an Asian SFSO, some would strongly disagree saying that because the gen has such an obvious AR that the ETA version is worth the extra cost, I've went for a white dial one and if the lack of AR bothers me I will look in to having it coated. If the movement dies I will pick up another from cousins.

As ever, you pays your money and you takes your choice. B)

Having worn the gen in the Ad the other week one of these with out AR would be like ? well like something missing an important part. If the choise was just movement then i would be all over the asian as it is i will have to save a bit to get the ETA just because of that AR!

AR is an important feature to giving the watch a "genuine" feel and look. Without it, you must understand that anybody in the know will smell something suspicious. I personally believe the ETA movement is a much better choice than the Asian counterpart. Let's face it, quality control... you can't beat that.

i have an ETA 7750 chrono avenger black dial with zero AR and sometimes there is so much glare that you cant see the hands or the time LOL. It makes it really hard to read most of the time because the crystal is just so very shiney. My Breitling Bently has "light AR" and the difference is amazing! Its not that cool blue looking AR but it stops most all the glare and you can see the dial perfectly in any lighting. Its pretty impressive. I wonder when Rolex is gunna figure out what AR is? LOL

It drives me nuts, the price gap between the asian SFSO without AR and the ETA version that has it.

I keep asking myself- is it worth it to pay $200 for an AR coated crystal? I realize that the bulk of the cost is contained in the ETA, but there's still a significant margin difference, irrespective of the cost of the movement and AR. The premium is what bugs me, not the additional cost of the swiss movement and AR coating. When the swiss comes down to $300 shipped with the bracelet and leather strap, I might bite. Problem is, it might not ever come down that far....

The idea of spending near $400 for that watch is out of my range of acceptable value, being that the gen is worth $1300 used. I really think that the rep community is in trouble. I'm not saying that reps are in trouble...I'm saying that the community is in trouble. It's becoming increasingly difficult to moderate the acceptability of pricing on these watches. I think the market is going to get bigger, and I think that the relevance of these communities is going to suffer....

i agree that AR is an important aspect in a replica breitling. after receiving a couple watches with great AR it is now becoming mandatory for me. BUT for an extra $200 i think its crazy. yes i know about the mvmt difference, but i have heard complaints of people having troubles with the eta as well. my solution...buy a white dial asian version. a black dial will have MUCH more reflection as oppose to a white dial. i have had navitimers with black and white dials and the difference in the glare is huge. if you dont have or dont want to spend the extra cash on AR my suggestion would be to go with a white dial. cant beat it for $130 shipped.

Even a Asian SFSO with A/R and a new movement (done by western companies) will costs you less than the ETA version lol

Great siggy, Slay. I expect that single-handed, you will drive the cartel into the ground. Although I prefer to think of it as a consortium...

But that aside, now that you are on the Consortium blacklist, tell us, please... who is your favoured dealer?

I think we should be told.

Great siggy, Slay. I expect that single-handed, you will drive the cartel into the ground. Although I prefer to think of it as a consortium...

But that aside, now that you are on the Consortium blacklist, tell us, please... who is your favoured dealer?

What does it matter who Slay's facored dealer is? Whoever they are, they are no doubt more trustworthy than your beloved Cartel dealers. Just because you are happy to tollerate the lies of the Cartel, don't expect everyone else to feel the same way. Infact, given how 'over the road', you mentioned having influence over contructions in China (I forget how you phrased it) your own support of them could be considered rather biassed... Maybe if more people had sigs and attitudes like Slay's, then the Cartel would take their over-priced watches elsewhere, as people would realize that they are simply not honest to deal with.

Edited by TeeJay

I think I have been on the blacklist of Joshua for quite a while, after I told everybody how he was trying to scam people he thought were noobs and didnt know better.

I dont have a "favourite" dealer. If you like to know which dealer I enjoy communicating with, its eddielee, no doubt. Its been a very LONG time since I bought from him though. Everyone is free to make his own choice, I'm just trying to let people know who they are financing with their purchase. If you find out eddielee is running some sort of scam, feel free to let everyone know!

We have a bunch of great dealers. I dont think there is 'the best' dealer.

I think I have been on the blacklist of Joshua for quite a while, after I told everybody how he was trying to scam people he thought were noobs and didnt know better.

I dont have a "favourite" dealer. If you like to know which dealer I enjoy communicating with, its eddielee, no doubt. Its been a very LONG time since I bought from him though. Everyone is free to make his own choice, I'm just trying to let people know who they are financing with their purchase. If you find out eddielee is running some sort of scam, feel free to let everyone know!

We have a bunch of great dealers. I dont think there is 'the best' dealer.

I like your style. Any chance you could PM me the contents of the sig (with tags) so I can display it as well?

I wonder which of us Clive will start insulting first :D

I wonder when it comes to their attention and they try to use their "power" in pressuring me to remove this.

I remember a certain pugwash getting banned on another forum for starting a beef with them. ever since his ambitious effort vanished almost completely :)

i dont know how to send the plain code via pm. if i just paste it, it will be converted

I wonder when it comes to their attention and they try to use their "power" in pressuring me to remove this.

I remember a certain pugwash getting banned on another forum for starting a beef with them. ever since his ambitious effort vanished almost completely :)

i dont know how to send the plain code via pm. if i just paste it, it will be converted

Ahh, that's true, that's the problem with code... I'll see what I can do...

Indeed, they certainly like to throw their weight around, I'll put something up and see what happens :)

He who spells the worst. :lol:

In that case, I shall use my best spelling abilities :lol:

Out of curiousity, is Edge actually banned from the forum, or did he simply leave because of what happened when he revealed further details of the Cartel's lies?