When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

XX close the thread XX

flavor flav

if this is what you are so upset about, i can understand. the mods are all done. and more.

111h for relume and cannon flush

* upgrade dial installed at my cost with filled indices done by myself with tritec superlume (done)

* tall cannon pin is installed. asian version (done)

* upgrade davidsen hands at my cost because i thought they looked better quality than what it had. (done)

029 for relume, datewheel, gen crown install, and cg tighten mod

* dial and hands relumed (done)

* datewheel installed (done)

* cg tighten mod (done)

* gen crown install (done)

no claimed work was not done.

i do not want lanakai banned, i did not want to bring his name, i wanted to state why i am not doing mod work anymore. if he misunderstood the work that i did. he misunderstood. what's done is done and i hope the watch comes back from ziggy better than new. i am sure it will. the mods from me are as now, all at my expense. and i can deal with that.

i respect lanakai for bringing his view, and i can see that his view may be a misunderstanding. i will give him an apology if the work was not clear, or dissapointing. i am not here to bring anyone down, i am here because we are all a great group of family and we all have and enjoy the same hobby.

i am not doing mod work for others from this point, but i will continue to help our community by making mod parts such as upgrade 2.1mm crowns for a price that makes sense, a 1:1 H series CG, and other parts for unbranding, ect. things we can all use and enjoy. that is what our hobby is all about.

FF/913

I will no longer dispute what has happened with the 029, I have my view point and FF has his and I will respect that as ... it "was" what it was ... as in past tense.. it is now in my mind "history" .. in other words the past ... i was going to post pics tomorrow as proof .. but i do not kick anybody who is offering a flag of peace. ... and i will offer one of my own ..to FF

So in public, i will say enough is enough and it is time to move on .. No apology is needed as we are both are men who can live with our choices .. i believe FF to be ............ plus it's Monday Night ... and it's American Football time again..

So Flav... peace and love to you and your Ohana (family) .. and to everyone on the RWG .... PEACE..... Randall

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not doing mod work for others from this point, but i will continue to help our community by making mod parts such as upgrade 2.1mm crowns for a price that makes sense, a 1:1 H series CG, and other parts for unbranding, ect. things we can all use and enjoy. that is what our hobby is all about.

Great stuff, good ending, both members.

Your wife recently gave birth, didn't she, Flavor? Perhaps this situation has unwittingly provided you an escape to take care of more pressing issues at home, like seeing your child grow up, with time on your hands for a change.

Good luck to both!

Randall - Do you live in Hawaii?

CableGuy <- on Oahu

Yes I do ... give me a call 222-4353 ... i am in Kailua every morning ...if you are familiar with kailua.. lanikai ....

I can be found at Morning Brew after i pick up an Acai bowl from Lanikai Juice .. or Brent's around 7am ... i am 5'8 194 Llbs and have tats on both arms 8 % B.F. ..like I said i am not hiding ..... LOL .. I actually live off Monsarat Ave next to Diamond Head ... i can be found at Golds Gym mid day

come by my area for a cup of coffee and bring your collection ... looking forward to hearing from you Cable..

randall

I'm glad this worked out.

I for one can tell you what a miserable life it is to constantly have to seek out justice and the toll it can take on your life.

Searching hours and hours at the Nation Obits online. Going over night after night in search what must have been over a hundred people who have offended me in my lifetime. Every night I looked to see if God had brought me justice. From the girls who would not date me in my youth to the car sales people that ripped me off, to my Attorney, boss and co-workers who thought they were my boss.

Now I'm cool.

I'll just be satisfied if God call's home my Mother-in-Law.

And the Ex-Wife would be a nice kicker.

Thank's RWG for giving me something else to do!

It's heartening to see that potentially ugly situations can rapidly be de-fused with a little communication and good will on both sides - I'm happy to see what looks like a happy ending here.

Life is too short to waste in fighting and bitterness.

Sermon mode/off

Interesting to see that the situation has to some extent resolved.

Its good to read your point of view on this situation Lanikai.

Its a damn shame that this situation and disagrement had to be aired in such a public forum.

I would certainly hope that Lanikai and Flav have re-opened lines of communication and can resolve the issues fully.

All it would do would be give the conspiracy theorists something else to crucify him on RWI with.

Oh the irony...... hello kettle. :rolleyes:

Glad to see this work out. It surprises me that people send e-mails over picking up the phone when things are not going right....... sure seems direct realtime communication is the only route to follow when things start going off course of expectations.

Props to both of you for this ending.

Why on earth would The Zigmeister make a statement? It's not his fight.

All it would do would be give the conspiracy theorists something else to crucify him on RWI with. It's not as if The Zigmeister is an independent adjudicator paid for my the forum police, or someone with anything to gain by posting in this thread.

@Pug

sorry maybe i have m

Glad this is resolved. As flaky as Laniki has come off during his brief RWG tenure, I don't think anyone should be shocked--when you charge top dollar you will be expected, fairly or not, to produce perfect work 100% of the time. Laniki responded as a flake might tend to respond, but let's face it, we'd all be asking FF for a refund if it were our watch. We'd just do it more tactfully.

I guess what I'll be taking away from this is that this melodrama appears to be yet another example of the pitfalls of taking a hobby and turning it into a business. How many times has something like this happened over the years? Everyone means well, gives it a good try and things go south . One of the other old time members can do that math, maybe. I can't count that high.

I guess there are ways to make a tidy nut on the rep boards, especially if you have some skills or access to someone who has skills, but every time I think about it I figure that an illegal hobby combined with the anonymity inherent in doing business on the boards combined with the fact that we're all f'n freaks when it comes to our watches adds up to more potential trouble than the potential gen-funding profit is worth.

In closing .... and i hope this to be such..

one... tactful is a term that is used in the pre-tense as.... i was tactful until the end

two.. this is not Ziggy's concern.. nor should it be .. he never communicated with me except for what had to be done to the watch. again if you want to blame then i am your man... and just me

three....i have read the board for a little over a year now but just recently started joining in ..... it is addictive and everyones knowledge has been great. it has kept me from wasting time and money

Now EX.. in laws are dramatic... if not for everyone joining in this would not have been so dramatic. but i do appreciate the advice at the end .. Pug ... archi...tourby ... see you on campus

I hold no ill will towards FF and anyone else for that matter ... i guess this is an example of what it is to be Human.. from the latin Humus. .. earth bound..

and lastly i did not post the pics because it would not accomplish any thing ... what? to prove i was right or justified...i don't need "backing" for that... and i do not throw salt in the so called wound .. to show pics of what the watch looked like would only cause more grief... and that was not my intention... kind of like looking at an accident to satisfy the morbidity in us.

so with that said... we learn by our mistakes... the insanity would be to do the same thing and expect different results .. so i pray that i learn from this as well as us as a community.. thank you for reading this babble.

randall... aka Lanikai

It's nice that we can have someone with absolutely no experience dealing with modders and a virtual noob bring peace to the board :huh::rolleyes: Anyhow sorry to see Flav pull out I've had him do quite a bit of work for me and his service has always been top notch, but enjoy the extra time with the family.

It's nice that we can have someone with absolutely no experience dealing with modders and a virtual noob bring peace to the board :huh::rolleyes: Anyhow sorry to see Flav pull out I've had him do quite a bit of work for me and his service has always been top notch, but enjoy the extra time with the family.

I also agree wtih you. At no point since lanikai joined the discussion, has anyone mentioned the sad part about all of this being the main factor in Flav quitting his business. Although lanikai, has lamented and said that he doesn't want to involve anyone else.. it kind of involves everyone who has, or will have done mod work through Flav.... I've never gotten any mods, but flav was on the top of my list for the first one.... sniff sniff

Guest carlsbadrolex

First, from dealings on the board I would say Flav is a man of his word. I would trust him solely based on his previous performance.

I also don't see how The Zigmeister CANNOT make a statement... For it is his statements about work not done which are the basis for the watch owners accusations.

Its obvious that the watches owner has taken The Zigmeister's statement as fact... Yet Flav says the statements are incorrect... I'd say its simple. THE WORK WAS DONE OR IT WASN'T.

The Zigmeister says it wasn't... Flav says it was.

Lets see the pics and get a statement from The Zigmeister.

There is NO WAY any of us are justified in having an opinion until those things are done!

First, from dealings on the board I would say Flav is a man of his word. I would trust him solely based on his previous performance.

I also don't see how Ziggy CANNOT make a statement... For it is his statements about work not done which are the basis for the watch owners accusations.

Its obvious that the watches owner has taken Ziggy's statement as fact... Yet Flav says the statements are incorrect... I'd say its simple. THE WORK WAS DONE OR IT WASN'T.

Ziggy says it wasn't... Flav says it was.

Lets see the pics and get a statement from Ziggy.

There is NO WAY any of us are justified in having an opinion until those things are done!

Please, you have no right to speak or put words that are untrue in Ziggy's mouth...never happened .... again please, you are stirring the pot when Flav and I have settled this.

I'm sure he will return to modding ... so don't fret ... and you said it yourself.. "there is NO WAY any of us are justified in having an opinion .... etc., etc." ... so please let it go and contact Flav personally ...remember I did not post this topic to begin with ... so please PM the party you would like to communicate with or PM me personally .... but keep others ... (only Flav and myself)........ OUT.

respectfully,

lanikai

Guest carlsbadrolex

"Please, you have no right to speak or put words that are untrue in The Zigmeister's mouth...never happened .... again please, you are stirring the pot when Flav and I have settled this."

Look you fricken moron, YOU are the one acting like an ass... You are the one who made the accusations... If the two of you thought it was wise to "air this laundry" in a forum, thats on YOU... Not those of us who have commented! And I sure as hell hope Flav hasnt "settled this" you made some pretty serious accusations. If I were him, Id be all over your ass (if I were not guilty of course).

Secondly, unless I am mistaken... (And unless your previous post is a fabrication), The Zigmeister did inform you that the work wasnt done. In fact, you claimed that he told you a C.P. fix wasnt even possible for this watch. And just for clarification purposes... Your quote is below.

So before you say I dont have a right to speak, you better check yourself. It seems even more apparent to me now that you are a hot headed loud mouth. And I can tell you I have experience with hot headed loudmouths!

"At this time i got an appointment with The Zigmeister ... waited 2 or 3 months until there was an opening .. i sent my 029 and my 036 ... The Zigmeister at no point and time knew of the problems i was having with the work done on this 029 ... and until yesterday has not known who did the work on it.

well... the summary came back and I was asked what was done.. i stated cannon fix .. well, there is no high cannon fix for this watch .. my ineptness in not knowing that from the start ... the crown .. all that was done was an extender was attached, and o-ring was missing so dirt and moisture got in the opening caused by the missing o-ring..(genuine crown) the o-rings were on when i shipped it. and the lume was uneven and the hands and dial would have to be stripped and the hands repainted and everything redone... the datewheel kept changing at 3 pm ... probably due to all the dirt in the movement.... and the CG was no good .. it was cut too short ... the crown sat to far away from the case... again all that was done was a crown extender was attached to the crown 1 or 2 min. of work??? the CG was filled with silicone ..

Still The Zigmeister did not knbow who the modder was ... i was just going to move on .... but when i realized i was charged for work that was not even done... ie. crown extender ..... no high cannon needed ... date wheel etc .... if i had immerssed the watch it would have been worse."

Edited by carlsbadrolex

Damn, gotta hurry and run to RWI to start conspiracy.. it will be found in the "Who gives a [censored]" section under title..

"Stupid drama for today".

Indeed, communication is good.. not every customer happy, not every mod done well.. those are guaranteed! Such is life..

Look you fricken moron, YOU are the one acting like an ass...

No, he's not. At no time did he ever call you names like you just did him (don't worry, Carlsbadrolex, it happens to all of us).

But he is simply trying to make people understand that he's taking responsibility for what happened. Once that happens, it's game, set, match.

This thread is over. The matter is between the participants to solve.

Since the modder has hung up his tools, I daresay he wants this matter to go away too. We can revisit the situation privately with each person, should the need arise.

Mods, with my hand on my heart, I ask you to please close this thread. Thank you so much!