When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner bracelets review

Stephane

yep you can also carve out the holes in the SEL... whatever you wanna do. both will work. Good info guys!

Just dont try bending the 2mm gen springbars.. they dont bend to easily LOL

Lonnie

I have a solid midlink bracelet on my 16610 rep. It came from Josh so it in neither a noob or a MBW. I favor the feel MUCH better over the hollow. Who cares anyway, is anyone goiong to get close enough to your wrist to tell whether or not it is a holow or solid?

Peace

Part of the reason is accuracy. I have a GEN vintage 1996 Sub and the mid-links are hollow. Maybe I'm just accustomed to the hollow links and the extra small link by the lugs, but I prefer it over the newer solid mid links. So if your Sub has lugholes, it should also have a hollow mid-link bracelet.

about fitting the bracelet to the TTK MBW: the lug holes are uneven on the TTK MBW (I hope the next batch will improve), you have to bend the spring bars like bananas and file the holes on the SELs larger in the direction of the lug holes that are drilled too close to the case. It's very !@#$@#$% annoying and difficult to get them fitted. My old MBW doesn't have this problem. Neither did my TW Best.

-bk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Steph, what a great review...especially for a new member who has recently made a decision on which sub to buy. One thing to point out is that the 1st generation genuine subs actually came with hollow mid-links. Many people end up going for the solid links because they like the weight, but if you have a genuine sub, there is a good chance that the mid-links are hollow (unless you ordered it with the solid mid links).

Guest watchbuff
you just need to take a file and take a little off the end of the SEL where it goes up against the watch case... this allows the SEL to suck itself in closer to the watch and the springbars will snap in place

Depends on which "batch" you get. I did the above and a perfect fit. I used the sanding drums and took ever so little off the profile to the the perfect fit. Elongating the springbar holes was too dicey for me I thought it would wobble.

Great review!

:lol:

Even though this is an older post, it is still an EXCELLENT review! I recently acquired a TT MBK sub and verified it by taking the bracelet off and sure enough, "POLEX" design. I was dismayed to find that the bracelet was the "single" end wrapped one, not a good bracelet at all. I was left to wonder did the original owner change it or did it slip through the cracks? Working with one of the best dealers we have, he sourced me the TT bracelet that is fully wrapped at the endlinks. I went through the hassle because the watch will be visiting Canada for a full service and to get a gen dial and insert installed. I could not perform these mods then have a sub par bracelet. That is like having a great sports car with bad tires on it...

Hi Stephane nice review of the bracelets...

The MBW/MBK solid midlink band use a other sort of steell,I've heard about 440...

The Endlinks on the MBW are solid and not the3 piece construction of the Noob one....

I think the Endlinks are better on the MBW.....

For your problem to fit the Noob on your 16610 you must drill out the hole in the SEL a little bit to become more space than it will work for You my friend ;)

Hope this helps...