When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Last day of August Weekend Wristcheck

hambone

Today, it is my new baby..... B) Took this photo while driving around 210 MPH ;)

I have been reading that negotiations with Hublot and Paris Hilton on the new "Big Gang Bang " watch are nearing completion.. :o

Have a great weekend everyone! :D

dsc04415pl1.jpg

FRIDAY

NARIKAA STRIKES AGAIN! Following Hambone's lead here is the Hublot Big Bang Aspen in faux white-ceramic against a sea of Bay of Biscayne blue. TeeJay will see this and freak!

mummeguccihbbaspenlk7.jpg

A closeup of the rather nice dial. Mmm. Perfect for tanned arms! P.S.: I realised one thing when I took this photo yesterday. That my mother is the only other person on earth I know who doesn't think I'm crazy taking snapshots of my wrists at every opportunity.

hbbaspensglareimperfectmr0.jpg

SATURDAY

Here is my newly arrived Walter PVD strap on my DSN 112. Not too shabby! Plus you get a sneak peak of what I'll be wearing Sunday. ;)

walter112ok9.jpg

But first -- my trademarked cut-out shot of the strap, with Strap Culture PVD buckle.

walteryarrpw9.jpg

SUNDAY

Sunday being bling-bling day, I'll trot out yet another new watch: the Chopard Happy Sport XL series, with rare yellow band.

chopardhappysportvi3.jpg

Pretty as a picture! And that's because it is. ;)

chopardflowersqt2.jpg

@Puggy: THE FLIEGER! That or the Steelfish yes. They'll both knock the socks off those cold-weather baskets up there.

@Star: HEY! Doral. :) ...went to play the Blue Monster there, but the green fees prevented a return. I made a 10 on that hole too...

Well at my local airport I go and help out a company who fly vintage aircraft. There has just been a local airshow, along a seafront, and they therefore use the airport I help out at as a place to land and re-fuel before flying along the coast to do the display. Anyway, this Hurricane had it's propellor damaged on a taxi light, and the company I help out agreed to give it some hangar space. Il be going down there tomorrow again to help out (and take some decent pics too) so I'l be wearing the Aerospace for the occassion....

Photo-0048.jpg

26072007198.jpg

Then on sunday Il opt for the GMT again...

22082007306.jpg

For me, it's a bright and Breitling day. The difference between what I'm wearing and what I've posted is that I'm wearing it on a steel bracelet.

Tomorrow, I'm off to a concert in Inveraray, and I don't know what to wear then. Ideas?

chrono-avenger-02-640.jpg

20070605.jpg

ps. I want a GMT Chrono of some kind.

Thanks for the gold star Victoria, i thought it was time to show another pair of nails.

Pug, a german watch mag did a comparison of the navitimer GMT chrono the other week, i put some shots of the pages in a post somewhere, in essence it was a great review for the rep!

FRIDAY

NARIKAA STRIKES AGAIN! Following Hambone's lead here is the Hublot Big Bang Aspen in faux white-ceramic against a sea of Bay of Biscayne blue. TeeJay will see this and freak!

A closeup of the rather nice dial. Mmm. Perfect for tanned arms! P.S.: I realised one thing when I took this photo yesterday. That my mother is the only other person on earth I know who doesn't think I'm crazy taking snapshots of my wrists at every opportunity.

SATURDAY

Here is my newly arrived Walter PVD strap on my DSN 112. Not too shabby! Plus you get a sneak peak of what I'll be wearing Sunday. ;)

walter112ok9.jpg

But first -- my trademarked cut-out shot of the strap, with Strap Culture PVD buckle.

walteryarrpw9.jpg

SUNDAY

Sunday being bling-bling day, I'll trot out yet another new watch: the Chopard Happy Sport XL series, with rare yellow band.

chopardhappysportvi3.jpg

Pretty as a picture! And that's because it is. ;)

chopardflowersqt2.jpg

@Puggy: THE FLIEGER! That or the Steelfish yes. They'll both knock the socks off those cold-weather baskets up there.

@Star: HEY! Doral. :) ...went to play the Blue Monster there, but the green fees prevented a return. I made a 10 on that hole too...

Hello there! Miss.V

Nice & beautiful White Bang! Sometime I think: U're a dealer rather than a member, u got a huge collections! When will u take a family photo of all your collection? I'm looking forward to it!

Best Regards,

Raymond

FRIDAY

Awesome :lol::thumbsupsmileyanim::lol:

What do the subdials measure? On Emily's, the '3' dial is a 31 day count, the '6' dial is a 24 hour sweep, and the '9' dial does a 7 day count (she's wearing hers right now as well :D )

As for myself,

I'm wearing the Planet Ocean 45mm, and, thanks to a visit to Emily's scumbag dad (who has access to watch tools) I was able to loosen the case back enough to then strip the watch, blow out the lint, and re-assembling it, using my own tools to tighten the case back. I've used the same method to tighten the case of my 2531.80 (after replacing the bezel insert) and it was still water resistant, so chances are the Planet Ocean is still water resistant too :)

Hello there! Miss.V

Nice & beautiful White Bang!

Thanks! It has really gotten a lot of nice commentaries today, on all 3 boards. This is what a WIS or watch fancier lives for. :)

Sometime I think: U're a dealer rather than a member, u got a huge collections!

Yes, I do, Raymond. :)

Guys, when I told you I bought 50 watches in 2 months, I wasn't kidding. I know it seems crazy...but as Kollektor says, OCD collecting and watches are a fatal mix. ;)

When will u take a family photo of all your collection? I'm looking forward to it!

I have one ready to go!

But as my mother mentioned, look at all the negative energy the last collection of PAMs and straps got you. Maybe she's right. Some people take "showing" as "showing off"...

So, I don't know if I'll ever post it. Besides, I'm always adding to it, so it'll never be a complete collection photo! Perhaps I too will do a "How can you tell a Newb Collection from a Senior Member's Collection" post in 1 years time. :D

Awesome :lol::thumbsupsmileyanim::lol:

YAY!! Thanks, TeeJay.

Another Big Thanks to you for motivating me to buy this lovely, "flirty" watch as my mum calls it (second mum reference of the day! But then she's the only person around me who shares my passion...).

What do the subdials measure? On Emily's, the '3' dial is a 31 day count, the '6' dial is a 24 hour sweep, and the '9' dial does a 7 day count (she's wearing hers right now as well :D )

I saw that Narikaa had Emily's smaller HBB Aspen equivalent, and it did seem that the subdials did as you say above. Please note that my big 45mm version also has the datewheel, which the smaller version Emily has doesn't. That was another consideration.

But yeah, my subdials are completely faux. Neither 3 nor 9 are up to much, and the 6 is redundant as it's the seconds. ;)

I'm wearing the Planet Ocean 45mm, and, thanks to a visit to Emily's scumbag dad (who has access to watch tools)

I remember him. The chap who never paid a farthing's worth of child support, but has a watch stall or similar? Yuck. Sorry for that, TeeJay.

I was able to loosen the case back enough to then strip the watch, blow out the lint, and re-assembling it, using my own tools to tighten the case back. I've used the same method to tighten the case of my 2531.80 (after replacing the bezel insert) and it was still water resistant, so chances are the Planet Ocean is still water resistant too :)

Sounds fantastic. Due to RWG being down, I haven't read your funny entitled "Patient didn't make it" thread, but I'll follow its progress with interest.

I love when members say they service their own watches. Goes to show, rep watch collectors are just as savvy, if perhaps not more, than gen watch owners out of dint of circumstance. But more than that, because we are at heart tinkerers. They're just geeks. :)

And I say this as a gen owner who never so much as changed a strap or adjusted my own links before I owned a rep!

YAY!! Thanks, TeeJay.

Another Big Thanks to you for motivating me to buy this lovely, "flirty" watch as my mum calls it (second mum reference of the day! But then she's the only person around me who shares my passion...).

I saw that Narikaa had Emily's smaller HBB Aspen equivalent, and it did seem that the subdials did as you say above. Please note that my big 45mm version also has the datewheel, which the smaller version Emily has doesn't. That was another consideration.

But yeah, my subdials are completely faux. Neither 3 nor 9 are up to much, and the 6 is redundant as it's the seconds. ;)

You're welcome :D It's funny, that although yours is a more 'visually accurate' watch, Emily's actually has more 'functionality' to it... As for the datewheel, indeed, hers doesn't have it, but, personally, I think that is actually an improvement on the design, as aesthetically, I feel the datewheels look like a 'design afterthought', and look 'jammed in at the last minute'. I don't know why I have that feeling, but that's how it strikes me :D

I remember him. The chap who never paid a farthing's worth of child support, but has a watch stall or similar? Yuck. Sorry for that, TeeJay.

That's the one. He is, to use a phrase used by the lovely Hayden Panettiere in Heroes, purely a 'bio parent', and has no right at all to call himself her 'father'. He's also a compulsive liar. One time, he said that he had quite a collection of Rolexes which had been left to him by some customer (why would a customer leave a collection worth tens of thousands of pounds to a market trader who swaps batteries and straps? I've also never seen this fabled collection) and yesterday, when I said about modifying the Aqua Terra for my dad, he made some comment about having built a watch once, but would never want to do it again. (Personally, I find that a somewhat addictive passtime) but at the end of the day, why would someone with (supposedly :lol: ) a collection of Rolexes, and who can build a watch from scratch, only ever wear a

Edited by TeeJay