When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what's happening with the new models?

yellomen

I forgot to add the IWC Big Pilot with real 8 days movement... they are working on such a movement! There is also word about a copy of the Panerai P2002 caliber based on the A7750... should also get a double barrel and serious 8 days power reserve!

Please do add your information... let's gather every possible new info on our X-mass 2007 present list ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm..... I can't wait to see how much some of this stuff will cost... I predict $500 entry-level prices for some of these watches with some climbing even higher... yeppers

At that point it gets ridiculous to carry on buying reps, a couple of reps buys a cracking genuine.

I know what I would rather have, there will come a point where the sales slow enough to rein in the prices, if not it will be over for me.

I used to keep the golden rule that a rep shouldn't be more expensive than 10% of the gen value... well, as prices of the watches being repped go up, the complexity of those watches goes up as well... and the rep price as well.

Years ago i could imagine a watch like the IWC cousteau divers being repped... and absolutely not in this quality! Personally i think they have come such along way that it has to show in the price... but when it comes to some of the cheaper reps like the asian steelfish i don't think a price of around $200,- is justified.

But in fact you are right about being able to buy a gen for the price of several reps... there are quite some genuine watches that are a lot cheaper than some reps! A Steinhart diver or big pilot look-a-like are for the same price as a decent rep with a swiss movement ;)

Can you change the "Next Month" to the name of the month? It looks silly seeing the August post date and no watches by the end of the month after you made that post. :whistling:

Pugs is getting cranky because he hasn't received his Aquatimer yet. :lol:

Can you change the "Next Month" to the name of the month? It looks silly seeing the August post date and no watches by the end of the month after you made that post. :whistling:

You're right Pug... otherwise it will be the same as in the Slevin post... "two weeks before it comes out...", but those two weeks have past on my calender and i suspect an asian calender-complot B)

• 3 months later...
Well... let me put it this way: After the Dweller I consider it finished... UNTIL something really irresistable comes out. :)

LOL! An expensive rep of a $3500 Rolex may be your ultimate, BT, but lot's of us are going to skip right over that one, and get the others!! :lol:

Boy, if all they do in 2008 is rep the reverso well and actually get the Big Pilot out 2008 will be a good year, but an auto black seal, P2002 powered anything, and maybe the new fifty fathoms (word I hear is that it's on some kind of "list" whatever that means) it will be the best era for reps since the golden three months of 2005 when the 27,28, 63, 29, 50, 51, 186, 188, etc came out.

I'm not too psyched about much that's slated to be released, with the exception of the Zenith Defy Extreme and the Breitling Skyland.

I don't know if this list encompasses the potential releases from MBK, does it?

Because I think there might be some cool watches coming from Thailand. Maybe some cool new AP's, who knows....

LOL! An expensive rep of a $3500 Rolex may be your ultimate, BT, but lot's of us are going to skip right over that one, and get the others!! :lol:

Never said it was my "Ultimate", and I never even bought it. I wrote the text you quoted back in September.

SSD was a huge disappointment for me.

PS: I tend to buy reps that are somewhat believeable (in 1K - 5K range). I'm just an average guy, not a Sultan of Brunei. :)

I wrote the text you quoted back in September.

My bad...I thought you were gunning for a Ultimate Ultimate version. I was just poking fun anyway.

I hear you on only wearing watches you can afford gens of. I try to do the same thing, more or less. I just don't see the point buying reps that cost 30-40% of used gens by the time you mod them close to 1:1 (breits, lower-end Rolexes, etc) when there are just-as-easily reppable watches that can be bought and modded for 15%-20% the cost of a gen.

I'm not too psyched about much that's slated to be released, with the exception of the Zenith Defy Extreme and the Breitling Skyland.

So you heard the Zenith Defy Extreme is being repped? That's good news! Hope they will also make it from aluminium like the real one as it doens't weight that much... probably the lightest watch i had ever on my wrist.

@Archibald... was the Fifty Fathoms verified? My personal wish for 2008 is to get a good copy of that watch as i think it is sooooo much cooler than a Sea-Dweller :)

@All... is someone has timetable or expected release dates or maybe new watches to be released, please let us know. I was amazed by the number of watches that came out without any notice before... like the B&M Riviera.

@Archibald... was the Fifty Fathoms verified? My personal wish for 2008 is to get a good copy of that watch as i think it is sooooo much cooler than a Sea-Dweller :)

Sadly, not verified. My impression (I think we all have the same source for the new models info, BTW...LOL!!) is that they would like to do it but don't really feel like paying 10k for a gen. It's my dream watch as well, so lets send some prayers, positive vibes, luckenergy or whatever we personally send for in these situations over to China.

How good is the new breguet typeXX?

Nobody seemed to put much attention to this watch.

It sucks.

That's the short answer... longer answer is that they mixed up the dial layout and functions of the smaller 39mm version and put it in this larger case... and the larger version dial & functions where not used... so a complete mix-up... drama, money thrown away IMHO... what a shame.

@Archibald... yep.. i'm gonna sent some wishes in that direction tonight at midnight :pray:

Hi Guys,

While not the real thing or a replica, a couple of people have made hommages to the Fifty Fathoms recently. Check out http://www.timefactors.com/precista.htm and http://www.mkiiwatches.com/WSWrapper.jsp?m...e=cd02ch_50.htm

RD.