When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A very special day

KB

It's still very early here in Oz (before 6am) but today is Fathers Day here and in NZ

Up until now I have never really appreciated these kind of occasions and have simply played along more for my Daughter than myself, however what makes this one so special is that just a few short weeks ago there was a very strong possibility that I would never get to see it.

This coupled with the fact that I spent my recent Birthday in hospital has made my wife and daughter determined to make this Fathers Day one that I will never forget.

I would just like to say to all the Fathers in OZ and NZ celebrating today (in fact all Fathers worldwide) to enjoy it to the fullest as you never know what is around the corner.

God Bless

Ken

This coupled with the fact that I spent my recent Birthday in hospital has made my wife and daughter determined to make this Fathers Day one that I will never forget.

I would just like to say to all the Fathers in OZ and NZ celebrating today (in fact all Fathers worldwide) to enjoy it to the fullest as you never know what is around the corner.

Ken, I have never said this publicly, but my dad is in a bad way: has been for years. Every day I spend with him is a gift I feel I have received directly from God. We don't count Christmasses anymore, or birthdays, or Father's Days, because no matter what the calender says, it's a red-letter day for our family -- together and happy, just as you are now with yours.

May you, your wife, and daughter savour each second as I do with my parents. May this Father's Day give you incredible joy.

And should you need us for anything, you let us know -- because it's an added blessing to have friends as well as family.

Happy Father's Day, Ken and all out there in Oz/New Zealand!

Very sorry to hear of your Fathers health Victoria, something like this puts my own situation in perspective, at least I am expected to completely recover.

I wish you and your family strength and hope, and thank you for your kind words.

Ken

Ken, Thank you for the reminder of the things that are most important in life.

I spent yesterday with my own father, who is in his 80s and widowed. We talked about this recent travels, his finances, his living arrangements both present and future, and some of the challenges facing our family.

Family is precious and even though we think of family as permanent, they can change suddenly, such as the dynamics of my family changed after my mother passed away. We need to appreciate and nurture our family relationships because they, too, can be fleeting.

All the best to the fathers in our group, and to those who have fathers ... and mothers.

Kenberg,

I truly believe the most precious moments in life are the ordinary times we spend with our family and friends. From sitting together on the front porch on a sunny day to eating together, it is these things which I remember and treasure most. You are very lucky to have been blessed with a family that must love you very much indeed, and it is I'm sure the greatest miracle for them to have you back in their presence. I know that we, here, at the forums, felt a concern for your health but it is not us you should be worried about - it is of course, them.

Having said that, I know you may be facing a long road to recovery, and I hope you take your time with it and use your energy to get better. I'm sure nobody will mind if you postpone the re-opening of your business for the next little while only until you feel ready.

Life is a journey spent with others that occurs but once in the history of time. Get well soon, and continue to enjoy every fleeting moment before it disappears forever.

God bless,

Corgi

Actually Corgi the re-opening of my business is very important to my financial recovery but it seems although I have had very many requests my sales have been few and far between.

Still I didn't start this thread with the intent to be all about me, but more a get out and smell the roses message to all, as none of us knows what lies around the corner.

Ken