When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Diver Watches

dadog13

Yep I love that orange Doxa - its such a classic, and a perfect summer watch...

Me too, but to expensive for me, so I bought the zeno army divers sel 300 instead:

comparisation: http://www.doxa300t.com/zeno/zeno.htm

89258-28666.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, but to expensive for me, so I bought the zeno army divers sel 300 instead:

comparisation: http://www.doxa300t.com/zeno/zeno.htm

89263-28664.jpg

The Zeno is very nice.

The Doxa is also too expensive for me to justify especially as just a casual watch.

I like the Seiko Orange Monster, but the shade of orange isnt close enough to the Doxa for me, so I prefer the black. But Id get the Orange Monster (super value) if it was just a bit darker and richer orange like the Doxa...

89263-28665.jpg

That Seiko is one watch that I can SEE when I'm diving... and it glows like a blowtorch for a long time after the lights go out.

The seiko monster is a common watch among divers.....and seiko quality.

My oldest seiko is 27 years old now and going strong on it's second battery.... :yeah:

That said, I know some folk do wear expensive watches for scuba diving - it's just a bit risky for my tastes. (I just wouldn't want to be worrying about it the whole time).

This is precisely the reason to wear an expensive diver's watch for some people. They don't want to be worrying about it. :D

This is precisely the reason to wear an expensive diver's watch for some people. They don't want to be worrying about it. :D

...worrying about cracking / scratching it on something, or it falling off..... :bangin:

Still, if you can afford it or it's insured, then no worries.

BTW the Seiko Orange Monster = :thumbsupsmileyanim:

...worrying about cracking / scratching it on something, or it falling off..... :bangin:

That's my point. If you could afford a genuine Seadweller/Sub, you'd not be worrying about that as much as the fact that your watch isn't a cheap bit of tat that'll implode in a swimming pool while us not-so-rich people would be worried about damaging it.

I suppose this says more about us than the watches. If you'd worry about damaging a gen, maybe expensive reps look less convincing on you. :D

That's my point. If you could afford a genuine Seadweller/Sub, you'd not be worrying about that as much as the fact that your watch isn't a cheap bit of tat that'll implode in a swimming pool while us not-so-rich people would be worried about damaging it.

I suppose this says more about us than the watches. If you'd worry about damaging a gen, maybe expensive reps look less convincing on you. :D

That is true to a point - but I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'afford'. Afford to buy a Rolex, or afford to lose one?

Frequent dive trips can punish a watch - if the band or pin breaks, it's gone. And the band and crystal can get scratched quite badly.

Of course, if you love your watch enough, you don't want to hurt your baby! :wub:

:lol:

Edited by cornerstone

That is true to a point - but I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'afford'. Afford to buy a Rolex, or afford to lose one?

Frequent dive trips can punish a watch - if the band or pin breaks, it's gone. And the band and crystal can get scratched quite badly.

Of course, if you love your watch enough, you don't want to hurt your baby! :wub:

The old style diving watches will become obsolete for diving purposes, watches like the mares nemo and the suunto stinger have lots and lots more to offer to a diver & are becoming cheaper every year....

It's possible to buy in germany a mares nemo titanium for 375 euro's ( a year ago is was 600 + in euros)

Whoa...... that thing is huge. How much is it?

I don't mean to blow your skirt up, but it sure looks like some of the Sector chronos. How does the price compare? Some of the high end Sectors use vj7750 movements, and my DT1000 is rated to 1,000 meters, also having hexagonal pushers/crown.

I think the MSRP is around $3800 USD. Nice to know you can drop it overboard in the middle of the Atlantic and probably pick it up on a sonar scan of the bottom!!!!

Here's a link to the official website

http://www.swiss-military.info/smvereng.html

pick it up on a sonar scan of the bottom!!!!

:lol::lol:

I should add to the above: I heartily encourage those that can afford to lose very expensive watches to dive with them....they make fantastic salvage for the next diver! :evil2:

(And of course, there are many that like their watch to 'earn its scrapes' and work it - fair play to them)

:o That aquadive is very nice......

I never dive with a watch nor a dive timer of any sorts. Heck, I don't even take them on the boat. I have a Uwatec Air Z O2 dive computer for that... and even at a original price of $1250 I don't want to loose it either! I asked a guy on the last dive why he had a watch on and his computer..... He said that in case his computer failed, he could continue diving for the rest of the day off his tables.... a fool looking for a DCS hit.

well, like in the post is already said...i love diver watches...they are sooo nice... :wub:

so let's make this post...the official post for diver watches...

i'll post the first link of one beautiful diver watch...and if you have the right money get it! it costs 3400$...but i think it is very nice...

so c'mon guys...post some link of a really nice diver watch!

UTS watches

Nice looking fat bastards...! I want one, but for $400 (the ETA 2824-2 is a movement that sells for less than $100) But almost the price of a Rolex Submariner?...Thanks, but no thanks...

cheers :drunk:

Alex

Nice looking fat bastards...! I want one, but for $400 (the ETA 2824-2 is a movement that sells for less than $100) But almost the price of a Rolex Submariner?...Thanks, but no thanks...

cheers :drunk:

Alex

I have the same feelings about the doxa.....

Gerco