When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Official Hublot site showing josh/andrews pics

P4GTR

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats interesting here is the fact that hublot to a certain level are scammers themselves.

We just established the fact, that they use chinese factories to make their bezels.

Also the movement is a modified eta.

Except for the use of gold and platinum, there is absolutely no difference between the reps and their gens.

So what justifies the mad prices they command?

Off course they have the intellectual rights of the design, but then again it does resemble the ap offshore a bit:-)

I suppose this goes for all high end brands. They are actually just exploiting thir costumers.

Just think about it. If an mbk nautilus rep is of the same high standarts as the original, with a differnet, equally solid movement, is sold for 450$.

How can the bloated price of the gen ever be justified?

I think hublot are dead scared, because someone is doing their job, much better and much cheaper.

Hmmm. I notice that Josh's site now has no Hublot items at all (not even any Hxxxxx items!)

I agree that the big problem here isn't the likes of us rep-collectors, it's entirely down to people passing off reps as genuine. Let's face it, none of us (OK, hardly any of us) is going to take a rep into an AD. But if you bought one for a few $000 believing it to be real, you might very well do just that. And that's how the manufacturer becomes aware of the problem.

There's no doubt that what they really want is to have no reps of their watches at all, but having them knocking around amongst the likes of us isn't much of a threat (anyone here bought a gen HBB? No-one?) As soon as they start finding their way into the hands of people who believe them to be gen then it's a BIG problem - they're losing (potential) sales to the sorts of people who can actually afford their watches in the first place. Plus when the oh-so-reliable Asian 7750 dies at some point in the future, or the famous stick-on letters on the rotor start dropping off, Joe Watchbuyer says to himself "Jeez, this Hublot is a piece of xxxx, I'm never buying another one, and what's more I'll tell all my buddies at the yacht club/golf club to steer clear too".

Hmmm. I notice that Josh's site now has no Hublot items at all (not even any Hxxxxx items!)

I agree that the big problem here isn't the likes of us rep-collectors, it's entirely down to people passing off reps as genuine. Let's face it, none of us (OK, hardly any of us) is going to take a rep into an AD. But if you bought one for a few $000 believing it to be real, you might very well do just that. And that's how the manufacturer becomes aware of the problem.

There's no doubt that what they really want is to have no reps of their watches at all, but having them knocking around amongst the likes of us isn't much of a threat (anyone here bought a gen HBB? No-one?) As soon as they start finding their way into the hands of people who believe them to be gen then it's a BIG problem - they're losing (potential) sales to the sorts of people who can actually afford their watches in the first place. Plus when the oh-so-reliable Asian 7750 dies at some point in the future, or the famous stick-on letters on the rotor start dropping off, Joe Watchbuyer says to himself "Jeez, this Hublot is a piece of xxxx, I'm never buying another one, and what's more I'll tell all my buddies at the yacht club/golf club to steer clear too".

The new generation of Hublot Reps are very good.. one of the reasons Hublot is chasing people... the ceramic bezel on the rep will fit on the genuine and is also made in China.. there is a connection there .. as was stated earlier .. collectors take down certain sites from time to time as a precautionalry measure ... I have one coming in from said site ...

ask some of the members who have purchased the HBB's

if you are new to the RWG.. check out the reviews ... ziggy's review on the 7750 (new version) .. ..

the verteran members... have a wealth of information .. so if you plan on making this an obssesion .. like I have, then please upgrade your membership..it's worth it..

check out the reviews ... BY-Tor.. i made good choices based on his reviews ... Ziggy is a better Horologist than I have seen in the retail or wholesale end.... Pugwash .. Sssurfer .... all these members have liteally years of experience with watches and I base a lot of what I do from their comments..

I don't buy reps to "fool"anyone but cause .... I am totally obssesed with them ... :wub: i love my reps .. as most all members do...

But ... this is just my opinion.. so take what you need and leave the rest..

Aloha,

Lanikai

Looks like someone got a little cease and desist action possibly. All in a days work i'm sure. B)

Joshua had an injunction action against him and he was forced to remove all Hublot items from his website. Sometimes I wonder if all the hoopla on the rep sitesabout Hublot is causing difficulty for the dealers. No doubt it is.

Joshua had an injunction action against him and he was forced to remove all Hublot items from his website. Sometimes I wonder if all the hoopla on the rep sitesabout Hublot is causing difficulty for the dealers. No doubt it is.

What I can't undertand about this is how the decent dealers like Josh, Andrew etc constantly have problems with their sites.. needing new domains, hosting etc.

How come the US based scammers we all despise, like bestswiss and the rest of the overpriced fools never have these problems. You would imagine with Josh and the rest being based in Asia would make it easier for them to operate than the forementioned US scammers.

Why do they have this problem, but the other have managed to operate their domain names and shill "review" sites, without any takedowns????

The mind boggles :o

What I can't undertand about this is how the decent dealers like Josh, Andrew etc constantly have problems with their sites.. needing new domains, hosting etc.

How come the US based scammers we all despise, like bestswiss and the rest of the overpriced fools never have these problems. You would imagine with Josh and the rest being based in Asia would make it easier for them to operate than the forementioned US scammers.

Why do they have this problem, but the other have managed to operate their domain names and shill "review" sites, without any takedowns????

The mind boggles :o

there are alot of agenda seekers out there.. and i am sure a lot of jealous people .. I would not put it past anyone to drop a dime on J & A to Hublot etc.

you hear things such as .... they lied to us.. on and on .. well, welcome to the real world .. fact is everyone on this planet lies ..

what would happen if the genuine makers really wanted to end this rep business.. it would not take much for them with their deep pockets to put pressure on their respective governments and then in turn lean on the powers that be to increase customs exams..... these watch companies can easily "Lobby" the commitees that would influence these products ..

Ultimately we would end up not being able to get reps from anyone ... if we are really thinking of the "rep community" .. then we should consider what the repercussions of this will mean.

the shock waves of what is happening could mean we would only be able to talk of "what if's" .. the Reps are better than ever and increasing in popularity and authenticity ... and unless we start developing a low key attitude in how we talk or bash dealers.. we may be talking of .."how easy it used to be to order reps"

Yes, I am thinking of the good of the Whole .. it's not the collectors (who ever you think is good or bad) against us .. it's all of "us" against the real .. genuine watch makers .. because of the quality of reps these day's ..

I would not want to see the day come where it is impossible to order reps on line and the dealers put out of business ..

remember please .. things can "ALWAYS" get worse..

some thing to think about the next time J & A become the target for more diatribes..

Lanikai

The only prob. is Hublot shows you the reps, but doesn't really tell you how to distinguish them from the gens., so, what's the point of posting the rep pics???

I am sure Hublot does not want to give out ... "to much information" as the ceramic bezel that is made for Hublot in china .. is also the same one on the Rep..

I believe that Hublot just wants it "known" that there are replica or "fakes" would be their euphamism .. out there .. there is no verbal comparison because they are probably that "good"(the reps) ... think about it for a minute ..

If the Reps weren't really good and couldn't pass for genuine... do you think Hublot would use all this time and negative ad space .. what this tells me is " the HBB is not Worth 20 K if someone can replicate it that good" .. IMHO hublot should have just let it go.. it messes with the mystique of the genuine .. they are very concerned or they wouldn't be going through all this trouble and money

there are alot of agenda seekers out there.. and i am sure a lot of jealous people .. I would not put it past anyone to drop a dime on J & A to Hublot etc.

Even still, surely there are many more unhappy customers of the scammers I mentioned?

This, and the other RWG I visit consistently have newbies posting about being ripped off by overcharging scammers. Some of them even take soundings from legal people about taking action.

Surely these scammers have FAR MORE unhappy customers than J&A, more traffic - fed by their pseudo review sites ranking well in google et al - and are based in the USA. Yet somehow continue to avoid repercussions?..

There is something not right there.

Edited by Starbug

You have to wonder if the high cost of this particular rep drew additional attention as well.

The days of $5 cheap fakes are out. We are now in the age of the $800 replica. Good ones at that.

One can see why eyes are starting to widen.

I better get that SFSO i've been hawking while I can. :o

All in all, I'd say to both parties, this is just a case of them getting their comeuppance.

Hublot, like Omega and Rolex, have been found to outsource their part manufacture to China so they can keep down production costs, but still charge high prices to their clients. Good business practice for them, pretty shitty way of stiffing the customers for extra $$s because of a 'Brand Name'. This is precicely the reason why I buy rep watches and generic clothes. Not because I can't afford the 'Brand Name', but because I object to such consumerism and the abuses it leaves one open to. Bearing that in mind, these reps and the trade they take away from Hublot is their comeuppance for their use of outsourcing and artificially high price tags.

Joshua, has been proven to lie to people and to try and manipulate them if he thinks he can get away with it. Being given a C&D notice is his comeuppance for that behaviour. He knew the risks of dealing in reproductions when he got into the business, so had to have been aware that oneday, one of the companies would take notice. This is no different to Disney giving a C&D notice to companies making unlicened Disney merch, or George Lucas issuing a C&D notice to companies making un-licenced replicas of lightsabers.

In all honsty, I don't think anyone would have 'informed' the Hublot folks about Joshua, but think it can be traced back to the idiot who posted their HBB on Timezone and tried to pass if off as gen. Great move there, guy :rolleyes: So before anyone wants to accuse or insinuate that I 'told tales', I would like to state that while I am not at all sorry that this has happened to Joshua, I was not in any way responsible for it happening.

that Hublot is so much afraid for this reps... tell us how "overpriced" there watches are...

look Patek Philippe... they have no problems with reps... reps are not interested the manufacture PP... all other big brands spend much money to stop reps on ebay or customs... but PP never look at this reps...

Of course they're afraid. They know that the majority of people, if they can get an identical, or near identical product for cheaper, will go for the cheaper option. I know that the nouveu riche like to throw money around like confetti (proving what shallow and ultimately tasteless individuals they are) but most people are not going to pay more for something than necessary, so those 'big companies' are indeed living in fear that their business practices, when revealed via replica goods, are going to cost them customers.

In general...

I know there are those who argue that reps are not 100% accurate, and there are those who try and get their reps 100% accurate so they can try and pass them off as genuine to others, but at the end of the day, what does it matter what it costs (other than to a shallow brand-name obsessed elitist) and as with cases where outsourced parts are being used, what difference does it make what factory eventually assembles the parts? The parts all come from the same place... I look at it this way. The watch on my wrist is real. (ie it is a physical object) It tells the time. The dial says 'Omega'. That's good enough for me. So it has an Asian movement in it. So [censored]ing what? Say I aquired a genuine Rolex and had to install a new movement. I wouldn't bust my ass trying to get a Swiss ETA to put in it, I'd put in whatever movement did the job and was easiest and cheapest to aquire. One person would say that it was a genuine Rolex, someone else might equally argue that by not having fully genuine parts, it was no longer genuine. I know that yes, these reps are not made in the factories, and my example is more a Ship of Theseus debate, but at the end of the day, what difference does it make to the owners? They still required assembly, precision parts, calibration, and look good and give pleasure to the person wearing it, so really, other than elitism, what does it matter...

that Hublot is so much afraid for this reps... tell us how "overpriced" there watches are... quote Tourby

a diamond that is sold on diamond row in New York is bought by 2 different dealers.. one is, Tiffany and the other is your local jeweler .. Tiffany's sells their VS 1 ,.. D colour for 6K ..... the local Jewler sell the exact same diamond for 2K (as an example)

Granted Tiffany's has generations of quality, not to mention history and marketing and advertising .. in all the Posh periodicals..

but after working in the wholesale and retail jewelry industry.. and seeing the triple key stone ... sometimes more .... does it really matter where the product comes from .. or that we are paying for sometimes identical Reps ??

I know that the nouveu riche like to throw money around like confetti (proving what shallow and ultimately tasteless individuals they are) but most people are not going to pay more for something than necessary ..Quote-TJ

Good point TJ... as an example .. there is a guy that I run into at the coffee shop I frequent ... and when he see's me he has to bring his wrist "up" so I can "see' what's on it... he has to park his Hummer in the front in the red zone so it can be "seen" .. now unless I'm mistaken his watches are poor quality REPS ... he approached me awhile ago asking if that was a Panerai i had on.. I said yes and shrugged it off .. as "no big deal" .. he then went into a long winded disertation on the fact that he get's his watches from a Beverly Hills dealer that gives him incredible prices ... I think the point I'm making is that most of us don't have this Obsessive hobby so we can brag on what we wear.. but because we are just "crazy mad" about the "ART" of these mechanical beasts .. and know that the prices in the "stuffy stores" are in fact "crazy"

what drives the "posers" crazy is to be "ignored" ... LOL

Hublot, like Omega and Rolex, have been found to outsource their part manufacture to China so they can keep down production costs,...quote TJ

We found the same source....LOL

Is this true? Did I not just read from another forum (and JCB said it himself) that the ceramic bezels actually come from Kyocera; a ceramic manufacturing plant based in Japan?

JCB (prez of Hublot) said this recently in the Hublot forums on TZ. He said that the ceramic bezels are made in Japan by Kyocera. Although, come to think of it, I'll have to find that post again. I definitely remember him saying the bezels were not Swiss-made because ceramic bezels cannot be sourced in Switzerland, and thus Hublot gets them from Kyocera, a Japanese company. But I don't recall him saying the bezels are actually MADE in Japan. Perhaps Kyocera makes their parts in China for Hublot? Who knows.

this is the quote in question:

"Our ceramic bezels and cases are made by Kyocera in Kyto (Japan).

They are leader in ceramic and have an annual turnover of more than 10 billion$.

Nobody, except Comadur(Swatchgroup)is doing ceramic cases and bezels in Switzerland. But they produce exclusively for Rado (which belongs to them) and tey seem not yet prepare to produce for third party."

Now, barring Mr. JCB's lack of proper English skills, it really should be read this way:

"Our ceramic bezels and cases are made by Kyocera in Kyoto (Japan).

They are the leader in ceramic production and have an annual turnover of more than USD $10Billion.

Nobody except Comadur (owned by Swatch Group) is doing ceramic cases and bezels in Switzerland. But they produce exclusively for Rado (which belongs to them) and they seem to not yet be prepared to produce for third parties."

So the country or origin of the ceramic bezels are still questionable on the rep or gen; but since I am inclined to take things from the horse's mouth...you see where this is going.