When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New feature: Member map

Admin

Now you can all add your location to a google map right here on RWG. Use the "Member map"-link on top of the forum or use this;

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?autocom=gmap

There is a small menu in the top right corner. To set your location, select "My marker". Enter your location and do a search or enter the longtitude and latitude of your location and hit "Save my marker". That's it

Hey T, cool feature. The map seems to be stuck in the top left quadrant. If you mve it it doesn't display in other than the top left quadrant, hence you cannot get a whole US view?

Just use your mouse to "drag" it around. Left-click on the map, hold the button down and drag the map around ;)

Cool new feature, but we all know I'm pretty :ph34r: , so I need to find a "simulated" location. :rofl:

Well, there goes our other Washington Stater! Sheesh, so many eastern seaboard members, it's not funny, Willith.

And I see Rolli no longer is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. OH NO ADMIN! Man overboard indeed. :lol:

All I can see on the map are these sort of dark smudges around some of the larger cities in North America and Europe - none of those neat little stick-pins or anything! And no info like member's nics....the cursor becomes this nasty little hand once it hits the map, but the hand doesn't do anything (like showing information when passing over a smudge)...

I've entered all of my info several times, hit every possible button, and no joy either.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Or is the Bossman just punishing me?

Or is the Bossman just punishing me?

Yes, yes he is.

But I have a cunning plan!

Type your location, preferrably with postal or zip code (I don't think Google accepts Parisian arrondisements, the ingrates). Then choose your pin, balloon, or whatever gay colour thingamabaghdadbob you decide on.

Then DO NOT hit update. Just click on Save. Go back to map and see if you are listed. You should be good to go. Well, I use high-speed internet, and I rather suspect if you see smudges, you're on dial-up. If so, you're on your own, kid.

(Story of your life?)