When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Tag Heuers!

By-Tor

Thanks for the comments on the Tag and the welcome fellow addicts! I agree. I've looked at Tag's for a while, but when I saw this RS2, I decided I was going to buy the real deal. It was waaay too secksy to pass up.

Yea, so I've only been on the site for say, less than 2 days and have already purchased my first rep, not to mentioned wasted another day at work using up bandwidth for all the "research" I'm doing. Picked up a LV Tambour Chrono from TrustyTime this afternoon and now I sit and wait... Most likely won't be able to hold myself back from buying another rep. Someone stop me!!!

Also, seeing all the beautiful Tags on this thread, I thought we needed a Tag with some movement in it. So decided to take this video at work today. Shows off seconds and chrono movement on the RS2.

th_013.jpg

The running seconds on Grand Carrera is very cool innovation... and a slight break from the traditional design. Very refreshing to have something unique, especially if you're collecting watches.

Thanks for sharing!

Anyone selling his genuine date-only blue Aquaracer chrono?

The day-date rep is almost perfect but I have still decided to buy the gen as I like the smaller date-only model even more. I just missed a deal at TZ... a good one was sold for $900 only.

Lovin' this watch. :tu:

550-1197537542-6e32d4c2139377c08e1b1656990802.jpg

Amazon has it.

http://www.amazon.com/TAG-Heuer-Aquaracer-...558&sr=1-23

The running seconds on Grand Carrera is very cool innovation... and a slight break from the traditional design. Very refreshing to have something unique, especially if you're collecting watches.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm with you By-Tor. I'm totally sold on the running second. I wonder when the factory is going to fix the misprint on the rotor.

I'm with you By-Tor. I'm totally sold on the running second. I wonder when the factory is going to fix the misprint on the rotor.

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree here BT, please indulge me... :p

The running secs/minute counters on the GC subdials is nowhere near being an "innovation" or "unique" in movement terms - it is simply a rotating disc no different in design or execution than a DW on a normal chrono movement (RS 'trim' or not). Here's a better word for it...."gimmick" ;)

Honestly, if you want innovation, there's plenty to talk about within the stable, the c.360 Carrera, the long-awaited V4 Monaco, even the hugely underrated (and affordable Calibre S (in Aquaracer, Link, or the new SLR guise). All of which are either proper 'heritage' pedigree married to technical innovation, or in the case of the cS, just simply innovation. The Grand Carrera in such company with its rotating discs, is simply a charlatan. However, whilst it's no secret I'm not a fan of the series (bland, gimmicky, ill-proportioned etc.), I have to say that Cyfer's 'black steel' ;) version is certainly eye-catching. Horses for courses I guess.

• 1 month later...
Here's mine. A recent acquisition to scratch an itch.

IMG00095-20090216-0843.jpg

I saw this watch at Littman this week, 50% off. Had to walk around in deep thought for a while trying to decide. (No-go, I can't afford even at half off :D )

I was actually there to borrow their help resizing my band as my tools were not handy. Took two links out, fresh polished and fitted. Mine as well be brand new. I'm glad none of you bums bought it when I wanted to sell it! :p

Gen Link Calibre6 Auto

DSC00457.jpg

DSC0046011.jpg

DSC0046411.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

I saw this watch at Littman this week, 50% off. Had to walk around in deep thought for a while trying to decide. (No-go, I can't afford even at half off :D )

I was actually there to borrow their help resizing my band as my tools were not handy. Took two links out, fresh polished and fitted. Mine as well be brand new. I'm glad none of you bums bought it when I wanted to sell it! :p

Gen Link Calibre6 Auto

P4GTR, nice fellow you got there. Don't even think on selling that beauty again. Just enjoy it. :)

• 2 weeks later...