When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Tag Heuers!

By-Tor

Guys,

When it comes to gens, I love my Tag's but when it comes to reps, I think you're all WRONG !!

Why you ask... Because all of you feel that the "ULTIMATE" Aquaracer or the "BEST" Carrera is as close to a gen you can get these days, well, let me tell you, you've all been fooled :huh: and to quote a famous actor " The Best, The Best, Losers whine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen" there you have it..

So in my search for the Pinnacle of replica watches, I've found the Winner that will put all those "Best" and "Ultimates" in a darker than dark shade B)

Now I know all your PayPal accounts are itching and before my PM box gets flooded with requests : IT IS NOT FOR SALE !! (although I do concider a trade for HBB or SFSO)

So, show me the pics..

And to start off with a quick spec list:

Movement: genuine quartz 60 ticks per minute

- See through Glass

- Case: well, euh, it's made out of 100% shiny stuff

- Dial: perfectly round in every aspect, with hand applied indices @ EVERY hour (1:1 copy from original)

- Correct Date Mag and Font

- Case Diameter 34mm - An attention grabber on your wrist!!

- Made 1:1 from a Genuine

dsc00324yq4.jpg

And now the piece the resistance:

Caseback shot:

Mind the vintage work done on the bracelet, (and imagine the extensive rash on my wrist)

dsc00326ld3.jpg

Well, what do you think.? I bet that if I send this to TTK and he shoots a couple of pictures of this, people will line up to get one :D :D

bought this on a Tenerife beach stall in '92 and was king of the world : my first Tag rep :1a:

Let's get some action to the TAG forum. Let's see your TAGs/Heuers (past and present... rep and gen).

Here's the three in my family:

TAG Aquaracer Chronograph Day-Date.

Probably my favorite replica watch ever. SO amazingly cool... I just recently sent it back to PT because there was a problem with the power reserve. Now I'm waiting for the fix/replacement... it's tough. :)

300224-2865.jpg

TAG Link Chronograph Automatic

By-Tor,

Sorry to be off-topic, but that pic is just absolutely amazing quality. I have tried all kinds of different settings on my camera (not an SLR, but still has lots of great functions) and I still can't mimic that quality. Did you use a polarizing filter for that shot?

Guys,

When it comes to gens, I love my Tag's but when it comes to reps, I think you're all WRONG !!

Why you ask... Because all of you feel that the "ULTIMATE" Aquaracer or the "BEST" Carrera is as close to a gen you can get these days, well, let me tell you, you've all been fooled :huh: and to quote a famous actor " The Best, The Best, Losers whine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen" there you have it..

So in my search for the Pinnacle of replica watches, I've found the Winner that will put all those "Best" and "Ultimates" in a darker than dark shade B)

Now I know all your PayPal accounts are itching and before my PM box gets flooded with requests : IT IS NOT FOR SALE !! (although I do concider a trade for HBB or SFSO)

So, show me the pics..

And to start off with a quick spec list:

Movement: genuine quartz 60 ticks per minute

- See through Glass

- Case: well, euh, it's made out of 100% shiny stuff

- Dial: perfectly round in every aspect, with hand applied indices @ EVERY hour (1:1 copy from original)

- Correct Date Mag and Font

- Case Diameter 34mm - An attention grabber on your wrist!!

- Made 1:1 from a Genuine

dsc00324yq4.jpg

And now the piece the resistance:

Caseback shot:

Mind the vintage work done on the bracelet, (and imagine the extensive rash on my wrist)

dsc00326ld3.jpg

Well, what do you think.? I bet that if I send this to TTK and he shoots a couple of pictures of this, people will line up to get one :D :D

bought this on a Tenerife beach stall in '92 and was king of the world : my first Tag rep :1a:

:lol::D I have its clone stuffed in a drawer somewhere. The crown snapped off and the dial is rotting now as well. Too funny, Verbal!

I did step it up to this fine rep below. Quartz. Metal. Not all that damn bad. Collectors take note of that off center pearl!

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

Collection.jpg

And after wearing replica TAG's for 10 years.... My gen-

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

Before a polishing job

DSC01370.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

wristshot

DSC01559.jpg

By-Tor,

Sorry to be off-topic, but that pic is just absolutely amazing quality. I have tried all kinds of different settings on my camera (not an SLR, but still has lots of great functions) and I still can't mimic that quality. Did you use a polarizing filter for that shot?

Thanks man... appreciated. I don't use any kind of polarizing filter. I don't even have a Tripod... my camera is also rather cheapo Canon PowerShot. Contrary what many people believe camera doesn't mean s**t... it's all about lighting. It's important to get properly diffused lighting for the dial and bracelet. The lighting must be strong but "soft" at the same time. When you figure it out it gets easy.

I have found correct lighting conditions and then I have professional Photoshop skills. I'm an editor in a magazine. That means I tweak pictures for a living. But when you get a good shot, there's not much you have to do... the most important thing is to have the "eye" for the small enhancements.

I'm also very satisfied of that particular shot... but I think the Link shot is technically even better. The blue Link is the toughest watch ever to photograph... well toughest I've ever encountered anyway. Really difficult to bring up the details of the (extremely) reflective dial and bracelet finish at the same time... and avoid all noise (it has very reflective bezel as well).

Thanks again. I always try to get better... your shots are very good quality too.

Thanks man... appreciated. I don't use any kind of polarizing filter. I don't even have a Tripod... my camera is also rather cheapo Canon PowerShot. Contrary what many people believe camera doesn't mean s**t... it's all about lighting. It's important to get properly diffused lighting for the dial and bracelet. The lighting must be strong but "soft" at the same time. When you figure it out it gets easy.

I have found correct lighting conditions and then I have professional Photoshop skills. I'm an editor in a magazine. That means I tweak pictures for a living. But when you get a good shot, there's not much you have to do... the most important thing is to have the "eye" for the small enhancements.

I'm also very satisfied of that particular shot... but I think the Link shot is technically even better. The blue Link is the toughest watch ever to photograph... well toughest I've ever encountered anyway. Really difficult to bring up the details of the (extremely) reflective dial and bracelet finish at the same time... and avoid all noise (it has very reflective bezel as well).

Thanks again. I always try to get better... your shots are very good quality too.

I too am using a Powershot (A630 to be exact). I guess I will play with the lighting somemore. My issue is that while my shots seem to be OK, I always seem to be able to see the crystal. For instance (see below collage of your's and mine).

collagejpegiv1.png Look at mine. You can see that the crystal has sort of a haze on it (reflection), while on your pic you can't see the crystal at all! Thats the shot that I am looking for, where it looks like there is not even a crystal present. I'll try some different angles or maybe try to difuss the light a bit better. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry im a bit late to the party, but better late than never :lol:

managed to take a half decent photo of a few of my watches, so i give you the TAG HEUER Autavia...

TAGAutavia.jpg

Spot the obvious mistake.... <_<:lol:

You did well kokedose. Nice pic of a great rep!

You might want to resize your pics for the future. The width of 800x is sufficient for the forum use. If you don't have Photoshop, may I suggest Irfanview? It's an easy tool for picture cropping & resizing.

http://www.irfanview.com/

PS: Welcome to RWG!

sorry im a bit late to the party, but better late than never :lol:

managed to take a half decent photo of a few of my watches, so i give you the TAG HEUER Autavia...

TAGAutavia.jpg

Spot the obvious mistake.... <_<:lol:

Putting TAG on a vintage Heuer......genius :blink:

Strange as I'd heard of the Autavia reps way back, but I've never seen actually seen one, until now of course. Makes me wish I hadn't though, sorry :lol:

You did well kokedose. Nice pic of a great rep!

You might want to resize your pics for the future. The width of 800x is sufficient for the forum use. If you don't have Photoshop, may I suggest Irfanview? It's an easy tool for picture cropping & resizing.

http://www.irfanview.com/

PS: Welcome to RWG!

My first rep...My second pic.

Cheers for for the warm welcome and the good advice By-Tor :)

post-8595-1192050330_thumb.jpg

Edited by kokedose

Putting TAG on a vintage Heuer......genius :blink:

no thats not it..., the obvious mistake with this is the location of the crown.

Comp.jpg

i suppose if you want to be picly then the date is also wrong, but other than that its pretty good IMHO. one of the few autavia reps that have a working chono as well

Strange as I'd heard of the Autavia reps way back, but I've never seen actually seen one, until now of course. Makes me wish I hadn't though, sorry :lol:

no need to apologies, i'll still sleep well :p:D

• 2 weeks later...