When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Tag Heuers!

By-Tor

no thats not it..., the obvious mistake with this is the location of the crown.

i suppose if you want to be picly then the date is also wrong, but other than that its pretty good IMHO. one of the few autavia reps that have a working chono as well

no need to apologies, i'll still sleep well :p:D

Aha, so it's supposed to be a rep of the TAG reissue - gotcha - sorry that model passed me by (only a couple of reissues that speak to me) although strangely enough I actually saw the gen at the airport last week (slow selling stock?). Still, rather your rep than the 'rep' gen :D

No, the 'real' Autavias I meant I'd love to see are those like this...

viceroyhj8.jpg

Oh and the crown placement? There's a very interesting historical reason the crown was on the left side of the case ;) Amusing they did so for the reissue. But yes, impossible for the rep.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or isn't this one of the best photo threads on RWG ever?

Thanks to all who contributed.

Bump for this one... four more shots/compositions I've done of my 'Racer.

1b.jpg

1.jpg

6a.jpg

7a.jpg

Keep 'em coming!!

Is it just me, or isn't this one of the best photo threads on RWG ever?

With almost 3000 views, and over 50 replies so far, you better believe it, By-Tor! Thanks for reminding me about this.

The Tag Link I bought circa 1997 on an Italian beachtown.

taglinkgoldchampagneth9.jpg

taglinkchampagnedialhl0.jpg

taglinkchampagnenw7.jpg

Compared to the Narikaa Tag Link, it's crappy. But I tell you, I like it all the same -- it's got charm. :)

Successfully removed paint from the case back (see my response on Inking removal)

DSC00808.jpg

Fantastic watch cortez...still think the boys @ Tag missed a trick in not polishing that case back ;)

RWG_Tag_polish__800x600_.jpg

@ Victoria...god that watch takes me back, think i got the same one for my GF at the time on holiday in Hoppi lola or somewhere i cant quite remember!

Be lucky all :)

• 1 month later...
I want to play, By-Tor! I want to play! :)

(I bought this on holiday in Morocco YEARS ago. I Cape Cod polished especially for this Tag Heuer wrist-check)

tagheuerredsw0.jpg

tagheuerfacele9.jpg

harrodsgrindertagheuerdi7.jpg

...told you I love coffee. I even grind my own! ;)

I still think this is the best looking style of tag.

Would need to be a Black face chrono for me,would love to buy a rep of this watch(also bought one years ago from a beach in alicante)long gone +RIP+

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:lol::D I have its clone stuffed in a drawer somewhere. The crown snapped off and the dial is rotting now as well. Too funny, Verbal!

And after wearing replica TAG's for 10 years.... My gen-

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

Before a polishing job

DSC01370.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

wristshot

DSC01559.jpg

I love the Calibre 6, been looking for a rep for a while and have yet to find one. :(

• 1 month later...

Lately I have developed an "itch" for TAG Link again. The Link band is hands down my favorite watch bracelet... I regret a little bit of selling my blue Link chrono. But then again the dial was very reflective.

I might grab the brushed version eventually... or perhaps a Link GMT.

This white understated model is very nice. 40mm is the perfect size as well.

1.jpg

post-175-1215016406_thumb.jpg

Here's a vintage one, sort of. It's the 1964 Re-Edition Carrera. It came out in the 90's with a Lemania manual wind movement.

The original 1964 Carrera had the Valjoux 72, but the V72 went out of production in the early eighties- replaced by the 7750, od course.

post-175-1215016406_thumb.jpg

Here's a vintage one, sort of. It's the 1964 Re-Edition Carrera. It came out in the 90's with a Lemania manual wind movement.

The original 1964 Carrera had the Valjoux 72, but the V72 went out of production in the early eighties- replaced by the 7750, od course.

One of the only Carreras I like. Like the Jack W limited edition. Pure retro. Gorgeous.

No, the 'real' Autavias I meant I'd love to see are those like this...

Here you go, Docblackrock... my two beauties :D

both are gen... the Monaco is a normal reissue with TAG on the dial. The Autavia is a very rare one with decompression bezel.

2heuers01.jpg