When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you sleep with your watch ...

BobM

Do you take your watch off before you go to bed.  

92 members have voted

1. 1. I take my watch off before I go to bed.

• Yes. I take my watch off.
    • No. I sleep with my watch on.

Evey Saturday morning I have coffee and conversation with three computer buddies. We talk about what things we have done the past week, what we have heard about the technologies we work with and/or are interested in ... and, we talk about one another's other nterests.

A couple of weeks agon the talk turned to watches ... and, somehow the issue of wearing one's watch to bed or not came up. To my surprise, I was the only one among us that wears his watch to bed. I sleep with my watch on, my buddies take theirs off before going to bed. I take my watch off only to shower.

How about you?

I have one family member who sleeps with her watch. Because I experiment with lucid dream induction, I am prone to often agitative and "mobile" behavior that sees me tossing, turning, and moving my arms during nightmares, vivid dreams, and suchthelike. I would not want to inadvertently bump the watch and cause an aesthetic or mechanical malfunction.

For the safety of myself, and my expensive wristwatches, I always ensure my timepiece is taken off and placed into a secure holder during the night when I am asleep.

I never sleep with a watch...I prefer to sleep with a woman !

:lol::lol:

This reminds me of the old joke based on an American advert of years back.

The American version:

"It's 11 PM. Do you know where your child is?"

The French version:

"It's 11 PM. Do you know where your wife is?"

Did James Bond ever take his watch off while 'on the job'? Good enough example for me to follow :p

Joking asside, I almost never take my watch off while wearing it. I will take off a watch on a leather strap if I have a bath/shower/swim, but anything else stays on. Afterall, they're water resistant and designed to be worn under water, so why remove it? Same goes for night-time wear. They have luminous dials, and having it on the wrist saves having to turn on a night light to read the time, or fumbling about on a night stand and knocking things flying. I have never taken my watch off to go to bed, although I did once wake up to find myself undoing the strap on my watch :huh: I re-buckled it and went back to sleep :lol:

I sleep with my wife. There's nothing like reaching over in the morning to give her a good morning kiss and having the feel of a stainless steel watch bracelet ragainst her back---Not! When that happens, I feel like a true watch geek, and not because she has ever even commented on it.

And even for myself, I don't want the extra weight of a watch on my wrist, as long as I know where it is so I can check the time whenever I want to.

our watches are big. heavy. they arent comfy in bed :) women are, so take your women on instead of your precious watches :p

Now how would I get a woman into my bed without a huge fancy watch on my wrist.....??? :huh:

Yes I wear a watch in bed.... its the bait !

And also I like to time the performance. :lol:

Edited by rolexsandwich