When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What watch accomadates this car?

UB7

Ok so my friend just picked up a new car, its a cadillac cts-v pretty much a CTS with a corvette Z06 engine. 400BHP, its scary fast. His birthday is around the corner and I want to get him the perfect rep to go with his hot new car, any ideas?

slide01.jpg

9797_4.JPG

Respectfully,

David

Edited by UB7

David, when I saw this Caddie, I was reminded of the lady I saw in her 7-series Beemer, wearing the most beautiful white-face, platinum Rolex DJ (I think -- check it out):

bmwrollieee7.jpg

The BMW and this Cadillac look very similar in build and certainly in colour:

fiddybeemernf4.jpg

So, I'd recommend the watch she was wearing. Powerful elegance. The Fiddy I mean. :D

(On FxrAndy strap!!)

The sculpted lines of this Caddy remind me of the IWC Ingeneur in that both have kind of a cold high tech feel to them.

Another option is the Rolex Turnograph.

The Bentley is more flamboyant and more of a nod to the British luxury car aesthetic.

I haven't driven this Caddy but I wouldn't be too quick to condemn it as more Detroit trash. I've heard good things about this car.

I haven't driven this Caddy but I wouldn't be too quick to condemn it as more Detroit trash. I've heard good things about this car.

The CTS-V actually compares favorably with most cars in its class (MB E55 AMG, Jaguar S-Type R, Audi RS6), with the exception of BMW's M3 and M5.

I had the opportunity to drive one at an invitational event, when the model was first introduced in 2004. It suffered from nasty wheel-hop at launch, which was well documented on the fora (and was enough to cross it off my list). I'm sure that the problem has been alleviated though model year modifications.

The only CTS-V owner that I know had a transmission failure within the first year.

How about anything bling, void of real style or substance, to match Cadillac's image..............a Jacob on a pink strap!!

TiemShare

That STS V Cadillac is a very serious performance sedan. It can hold it's own with the best german, japanese sports sedans. It has a Corvette engine in it I believe.

I disagree with the Breitling suggestion. This new "stealth" superfast Caddy is not about bling and it is a very high performance car. For that reason I would go with a sport and luxury style like Cartier Roadster or a watch that has a racing or automotive them such as the Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono or Chopard Mille Miglia.

If you go Gen, I'd think of this Seiko Sportura, these are cool looking.

http://www.seikowatches.com/sportura/index.asp

news_ultimatekinetic2006_1.jpg

Museum pieces.......Cadillac and Movado...both are cultural icons...especially in the US......not enough heritage for a Patek......not enough racing connotations for a Daytona or TAG.

Black and silver deserves black and silver........the Movado suits it perfectly.....!

194MOVADOCHRONOGRAPH1copy.jpg

194MOVADOCHRONOGRAPH3copy.jpg

194MOVADOCHRONOGRAPH6copy.jpg

194MOVADOCHRONOGRAPH2copy.jpg

194MOVADOCHRONOGRAPH5copy.jpg

Edited by TTK